PDA

View Full Version : grasshopper spindles

Australian Mower Man
09-11-2008, 04:55 AM
G'day fellas, I have a grasshopper 227 61". and have exploded the centre spindle housing by hitting a rock. It was a alliumimin build. I have been told that the cast iron spindles that come on the 72" decks will not fit the 61" decks. has anyone had this experience and will the iron spindles fit on a 61" deck?
Ta
Oz

Australian Mower Man
09-12-2008, 05:18 AM
Come on fellas! I need help. Can't someone ask thier local deler for me, out here in Australia, no one knows anything about grasshoppers and are not keen to learn.

David Haggerty
09-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Why don't you e-mail Grasshopper's customer service?

Turf Dawg
09-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Try to send a P.M. to Mowingman. He used to be my Hopper dealer and he is pretty knowledgeable[sp] on the products. All I know is that on my mid mounts the center spindle is different.

Mowingman
09-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I used the cast iron ones on my 61" machines from time to time, when I had my mowing business. As far as I know, there is no reason they should not fit. As mentioned, the outside spindles are different than the center one. Something could have changed since I sold my shop last year. I suggest you email Grasshopper directly to double check.

PLM-1
09-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I used the cast iron ones on my 61" machines from time to time, when I had my mowing business. As far as I know, there is no reason they should not fit. As mentioned, the outside spindles are different than the center one. Something could have changed since I sold my shop last year. I suggest you email Grasshopper directly to double check.

Or just call Dick at the factory ...