PDA

View Full Version : Smoke???

treegal1
09-11-2008, 02:09 PM
has any one ever tried liquid smoke in a garden or lawn??

also has any one ever used stinging nettles in a tea before?? how to harvest them?? any ideas are welcome......

ICT Bill
09-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Do you mean literally the little bottle that you put on BBQ meat for flavor ??? The thought would never occur to me for some reason

I have heard of nettle brews but the are a plant and considered a weed in most cases. what kind of hat do you have to wear to go lasso jelly fish

treegal1
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
well not exactly from a bottle, that wild SOB i married went down south, and hopped a ride farther south. while he was "south" some guys a local farm where spraying "worm humus and smoke" he said that they get it from condensing wood smoke, seems it has a anti pest effect of some kind.

the nettles are grown on a vacant lot and there is tons of them, the bush hog guy wont cut them, he says he gets all hurt with them and he just dont do it.

"what kind of hat do you have to wear to go lasso jelly fish"?

It may be my dunce cap.LOLOL

Smallaxe
09-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I often thought about incorporating a type of "scrubber" for the smoke stack of the char maker. Just condense the atomized water through a pipe onto the ground. Wasn't aware of any pesticidal effects however.
Hope your wild sob makes it back home ok. :)

Smallaxe
09-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Nettles were famous for bringing all sorts of nutrients out of the ground and is excellent as compost and/or tea.
Long sleeves, long pants, high boots, face scarf, big shades, gloves and a protective dunce hat and you man should be safe in the nettles.

It is an acid that can be washed off after exposure to minimalize the irritation.
Once the nettles are dried they may be handled without concern.

treegal1
09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
just run the retort vent out into another barrel.

he is back already, cigars in had and loaded up with rum. the ride only takes a few hours, it was really rough seas.

don't ever take what we have in the us for granted....

Prometheus
09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
the place is a mess now....................

ICT Bill
09-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Good for you helping in a place you aren't even supposed to in

Did it waterlog all of the tobacco?

That's a long haul from where you guys live

Nice shot, how can others help???

I'm sure rough sea's is quite an understatement

Prometheus
09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Bill, I always say that you should help anyone in need if you can. The majority of crops are not going to be salvageable, I took 300 lbs of seeds and left all the money I had and all the clothes I was not wearing. funny thing about not having anything, you have nothing to lose, that and the majority of people there are well used to a hurricane or 5.

real help= embargo lifted or try brothers to the rescue (Hermanos al Rescate)

DUSTYCEDAR
09-12-2008, 10:48 PM
wow
ac cab and mow away nothing bother us in there not even bees:)

treegal1
09-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I wish I could say where and when that picture was taken.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-12-2008, 11:20 PM
look i dont care if u stop on my beach but dont tell everyone :)