PDA

View Full Version : Just got this free trial Christmas Light Software

umpire
09-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I downloaded Creative Displays Holidaysoft. They give you a free 30 day trial. Its pretty cool that you can actually put in your price for your service and create a design on a picture of their actual house. I am sure most of you vetrans have seen this software or own it. But anyways my question is if I am pricing my jobs per foot and the software seems to price based on per bulbs can I change it somehow to price it on feet? Also I realize it does add up bulbs and feet but if it prices just on bulbs then how in the world do you give a estimate with iclcle lights. You cant possibly count everyone of those little lights as a bulb. What are you supposed to do then just charge a nickel a bulb. Do you see my point or am I just stupid? Anyways if I get this worked out the way I want I will take my laptop and a portable printer to the bids and show them right there what I can do on there house. Sounds pretty sweet.

hotrod1965
09-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I have the old version of this software, and it doesn't have the pricing option. I use it to count rooflines. It willl wow your clients a little.

umpire
09-11-2008, 07:40 PM
you can upgrade the old software for 25.00 on the site I was talking about and then you will have the pricing options.

hotrod1965
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't really need the pricing options. I plug in the light count to quickbooks.

DeepGreenLawn
09-11-2008, 07:51 PM
what is the cost of this software?

Does it look good in the pictures or is it similar to this picture? http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=204367

umpire
09-11-2008, 08:02 PM
No that picture is a joke.This is proffesional software it even has light o rama.

DeepGreenLawn
09-11-2008, 08:04 PM
THANK YOU! I was not wanting to get it... that pic looked like crap and I couldn't figure out what everyone liked so much about it.

Can you post a pic that you have for an example of what they look like?

umpire
09-11-2008, 08:10 PM
I will see what I can do. But just google creative displays and you will get their website and then you scrool down and you will see a link to holiday soft.You can get a free 30 day trial without a credit card or any of your info

hotrod1965
09-11-2008, 08:20 PM
You need to google holiday soft holiday light designer. It has nothing to do with Creative Displays.

David Gretzmier
09-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Holiday Lights has thier own software that I use as a member for 45 bucks. it looks great and no cartoonish. I will be doing a few photo's to lights tomorrow.