PDA

View Full Version : hurricane stand on blower

supercuts
09-11-2008, 08:45 PM
i just saw the add on the left of the screen for this blower. who has used one, whats the feedback, and howmuch are they??? id love to hear

newtostone
09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
I saw it yesterday as well. Looks great and with 27 hp it would be pretty sweet on leaves, but price? and yeah, has anyone used one before?

robtown
09-11-2008, 08:57 PM
they should have put a leaf plow on the front,

shovelracer
09-11-2008, 09:27 PM
How much? A fragan is pretty pricey and half the size. 6000 CFM holy cow.

supercuts
09-12-2008, 06:27 AM
How much? A fragan is pretty pricey and half the size. 6000 CFM holy cow.

not familiar with the fragan.....can you expand, i thought you were swearing!

ed2hess
09-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I am not sure you could use that on lawns.....we got a 13hp walkbehind and that makes a lot of dust and it would blow the top soil away. Can't image what a unit twice as powerful would do. This unit is for cleaning up parking lots to get leaves rounded up quickly or for pavers to clean every bit of debris off asphalt.

Mowbizz
09-12-2008, 05:03 PM
The blower function is one thing, but I'd love to see the vac/loader function...talk about doing it all...! Drive the machine to the pile, install the loader hose and blow the leaves into the waiting trailer box...sounds nice! (I just bought a dump trailer so I would be anxious to see that capability)

Lawnshow
09-12-2008, 05:37 PM
We are fortunate to have the Hurricane built with-in ten minutes of our facility. We purchased the Hurricane last fall and it has been nothing but awsome. Mowbiz, what you described in your post is exactly how we use it. For residental, we use the blower to work the lawn back and forth to the front and get the leaves to the curb. We then pull the unit along side our 4500 GMC with a leaf box on the dump and hook up the hose. The hook up takes less then one minute and power the unit up and now it sucks all the leaves. We can even run small sticks into the impeller and the Hurrican eats it. After a full season, the impeller shows very little if any wear. My commercial guys love it because they have to blow so much curb line that they used to have to walk and backpack off. They fly through the blowing on commercial due to the wind deflectors. We set one in the down position to get the debris up and the second deflector a little higher to clean the top of the curb as you go by at about 7mph.

I had posted on a similar thread a few days ago and am very excited to see Rick (Hurrican owner) get so much attention on his product. I know he has been profecting it for something like 10yrs and it shows. Rick had sold some machines to our local market in the past and all the LCO's that I know are happy with them. Another company in our town has several of them and I hear they are looking for another this year. I hope these other companys see this and come forward so that everyone gets a broad opinon but I can't help being biased because we have tried lot of things to make leaf clean up go faster and nothing works as efficiently as running the Hurricane blower/vac. We now have the Hurricane on our trailers and we don't have to stop and tarp or vacumm the leaves anymore!!! I hope that one of the other LCO's have some pics to show because I don't have anything. I do know that there was a couple of Grand Rapids companies that had tried out the units as well, but I don't know if they purchased any or not.

Tharrell
09-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I posted about this also. I'd prefer a system like the Force has with a tube that rotates up and down. The 2 motors you see that operate the chute are electric window motors like the one I used to fab my chute blocker for my Bob-Cat wb.
That's a lot of hp, probably too much for a lawn company using it everyday.
Leaf season is another story though. Still, a smaller hp machine would be useful for everyday stuff because it's so maneuverable.
I'd really like to see some more pics, as well as pics of the vac or possibly some videos would be even better.
You know, the machine doesn't need more than about 6 hp to move itself, all the hp is for the fan. That said, a 12-15 hp machine should be adequate for most situations, again because it's so maneuverable. I think this machine will ultimately go over good. Not everyone will get one but, someone with a lot of parking lots like me are interested in this type stuff.

By the way, I'm available for field testing guys.
I have a ton of convenience stores and a 5 year city contract with 3 large parking lots and a ton of alleys! Tony

mcduff48
09-12-2008, 06:05 PM
i just saw the add on the left of the screen for this blower. who has used one, whats the feedback, and howmuch are they??? id love to hear

I called the factory to check into taking the line on as a dealer and was told that it sells for $11000.00.........that's a lot of leaves to blow to pay for it. How many of you LCO's would be interested at that price? :usflag:

supercuts
09-12-2008, 06:13 PM
so i found out, they are $10,999 and $12,500 with the vac/loader option. yikes! i thought $5k tops. i do like the 2 doors and i bet this thing would work great. maybe in a few years but im happy with my giant vac 16z blower at 4100 cfm's. im sure the 6000+ would be great and i could use all of it.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-13-2008, 06:01 AM
I'm not sure of the prices as the dealers set that.
What I can tell you is buying a Hurricane Blovac is like getting $24-27,000 worth of equipment in a 4.5 X 3 foot package.
I build the machine and still can't believe what it can do. If trailer space is a premium for you or you are a
"one man band", a Hurricane with a vac kit is the best bang for the buck.

Here is an example:

Name brand 3 point hitch blower @ 6000CFM = $4000.00
Any tractor of your choice w/ 30 pto hp to run blower = $15,000 to 18,000.00
Name brand 27hp truck loader = $5000.00
=====================================
Package price $24,000 -$27,000

Or get a Hurricane Blovac for less than half that price.
And you can't get the tractor thru a back gate! Better grab a rake and tarp!
You might need another truck and trailer too, just to haul the tractor.
We have two local companies here in town that have TWO Hurricane Blovacs now.
One has chimed in, thanks Lawnshow.
Too powerful you say? Throttle down a bit and your all set.
Leaf plow is not necessary, see pics on the website, a Hurricane Blovac will
move ALL the leaves to the curb! Just ask Lawnshow.
Pics of the vacuum attachments will be on the site soon,
the best hose available is what we use and we just got our shipment in,
and a re-design of the vacuum handle for right or left hand operators is in finishing now.
The LCOs that have a Hurricane can attest to the fact that they are getting
more work done in less time and they are getting more work because they can get it done faster.
They also do not have to turn work down because they are too busy.
If that is the case, there is more money coming in, and less money going out.
And the crew will love it because they are not dead on their feet before lunch.

So sorry to run on so long....
Hope this info helps....
I'd be happy to answer any questions...

Chris

Frue
09-13-2008, 07:59 AM
11,000 for 5 weeks of work hmmmmmmmm doesnt make good business sense at all.

supercuts
09-13-2008, 08:33 AM
11,000 for 5 weeks of work hmmmmmmmm doesnt make good business sense at all.

i said the same thing about spending $3500 on a bed edger for 1 month of mulch work in the spring. well the extra money i charged for edging paid for the little wonder bed shaper. then, on top of that i was nearly able to double the amount of mulch jobs since most of our labor time was previously spent doing the prep work of edging.

that being said im not sold at $11k, but certainly i think the potential is there to make your money back. and for 5 weeks of work, i gross an additional $10k in my month of fall cleanups over my normal monthly gross. get them done quicker and do more, thus grossing even more.

my situation is different from many becuase i dont even use push blowers. i have the 16z giant vac blower hitched to the back of my ztr. as i mow im cutting the grass, grinding the leaves down and blowing them off into the woods. we are unbelievable efficient now, and with that in mind the most effienct way to vac leaves is to have a vac mounted to the truck, not a trailer, or blower that can convert "quickly" at the job.

all that being said i have not ruled out spending $11k on a blower i just dont think it will be this year. i also havent ruled out spending only $2500 on another giant vac 16z blower for this year.

jtkplc
09-13-2008, 10:01 AM
That kind of price is absurd. That's what I paid for my 72" Lazer XS. I agree with the rest of you. Great idea but it would take many years of fall clean-ups to pay for it. It just doesn't make business sense being that it's used for 6 weeks out of a year. Note to Hurricane: Lower your price to something reasonable and you'll sell a lot more machines.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Our machines get used from spring till fall yearly. We designed it
to be useful through out the season. Ask Lawnshow, his crews dont
leave his shop without them, everyday use. LCOs with a lot of parking
lots or apartment complexes love this blower due to all the curb line to clean off.
Sometimes the crews just use it to load clippings into the truck.
With the small size, you wont mind carrying the machine on the trailer for when its needed.
Delivered two Hurricane Blovacs this spring to a local LCO and their crews have
over 200+ hours on both units, approx 500 hours combined.
They do not sit around, they work. And its not even fall yet.
Demo a Hurricane Blovac and you will start to see uses for it that we didnt
even think of. After it becomes your "go to machine", you wont want to give it back.

Chris

Mowbizz
09-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Great idea and product but extremely cost prohibitive for me at this time...

lawnguyland
09-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Make a snowblower version with single stage paddles for me please.

Frue
09-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Our machines get used from spring till fall yearly. We designed it
to be useful through out the season. Ask Lawnshow, his crews dont
leave his shop without them, everyday use. LCOs with a lot of parking
lots or apartment complexes love this blower due to all the curb line to clean off.
Sometimes the crews just use it to load clippings into the truck.
With the small size, you wont mind carrying the machine on the trailer for when its needed.
Delivered two Hurricane Blovacs this spring to a local LCO and their crews have
over 200+ hours on both units, approx 500 hours combined.
They do not sit around, they work. And its not even fall yet.
Demo a Hurricane Blovac and you will start to see uses for it that we didnt
even think of. After it becomes your "go to machine", you wont want to give it back.

Chris

so what you are saying it can be used as truck loader also?

topsites
09-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah...

I did learn one thing over the years...
When you go someplace and it says "call for price"
What that means is I can't afford it :p

mybowtie
09-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I can get a ztr, blower buggy, and a blower for that kind of $$$. And I can use the mower all season....Around my area, the average LCO would not use it every day...As far as a tractor with a 3pt hitch blower being twice the cost, Can you get a loader with the Hurricane blower? How about a backhoe attachment? Brush hog? Campairing the two is crazy...Its a nice machine, but WAY over priced................:usflag:

Runner
09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
I know I would never touch one at that kind of price. The analogy using the 12 to 15,000 tractor isn't a very accurate one either, because a tractor is used for ALOT of things other than just blowing. I could just never justify the costs.

DuallyVette
09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
In 1999 I bought a 16 hp self propelled (gear box) Billygoat blower for $2200. 6300cfm @154mph. Lesco made a 16 hp (hydro pump & motor to a differential/axle) blower 3700 cfm

The blower blows great, but its kind of hard to maneuver. It has a gear shift lever that I kick to the desired position R, 1,2,3, then engage the bail lever. Its great for large lawns, but when the leaves are real deep, its better to tarp them out.

I have some stander mowers and a z-plugger. I love that stuff. If I had a stand-up blower, it would get a lot more use than my BG, I'd love it. In a better economy, with more stable employees, and I were getting younger instead of older, I'd buy it just for sport. I'd love it.

We blow several parkinglots. I use to use an 8 hp (maneuverable)blower back in the 70's, but my employees wouldn't use it, they'd rather use a BP and waste time.

supercuts
09-15-2008, 06:41 AM
they just got back to me by email and wouldnt even give a price on it! i already had my dealer call and find out all of that but still, they know the price will scare us away and cant even give it out?

jtkplc
09-15-2008, 10:16 AM
I think he's justifying the price based on what you don't have to buy rather than by what the machine itself is actually worth and what the market is willing to pay for something like that. Don't get me wrong.

I think it's an awesome idea and I would love to have one, if the price ever comes down to something reasonable.

I look at a 36" Wright Stander which I can buy for $5000-$5500 probably and there isn't anything on the blower vac that should exceed that price tag.

I can see where it could get used all season but for the majority of us that's not realistic.

Work to lower the price and your sales will increase.

pugs
09-15-2008, 01:44 PM
I would compare that thing to a 32-36" Wright Stander....Take off the mower deck and insert blower. Put 27HP on it instead of 15-17. I dont see a blower housing/impeller costing more than a mower deck, spindles, electric clutch. Obviously the 27HP Kohler is more than a 17HP Kawasaki. I would have thought in the 6-7000 range for the blower itself. I think a 17HP 36" Stander goes for about 5500.

It looks like tons of fun to change a hydraulic hose on this thing....or better yet a drive belt.

Chris G
09-15-2008, 04:10 PM
The machine overall looks well built and of high quality but the reason it wont make it to my trailer is the sheer price of the unit. for the money i can get an army of little wonders and still have the money left over to pay my workers to push them. The comparison with the tractor doesnt make sense, sure if i was looking into buying a tractor just for using it as a pto blower the hurrican would make sense. However reality is that the tractor allows me to not only blow leaves and debris but also use the front end loader, backhoe, brushhog,mow,rototill, etc etc...no comparison. if the hurriczn company was to knock down the price to that of or comparable to a wright stander than i might just have to get one.

hackitdown
09-15-2008, 04:27 PM
I can get a ztr, blower buggy, and a blower for that kind of $$$. And I can use the mower all season....Around my area, the average LCO would not use it every day.....:usflag:

I think Chris@hurricaneblovac should consider mybowtie's post as a far better analogy than his tractor with 3 pt hitch blower. Remember, many, many of us already own ZTRs, so the purchase of a JRCO buggy and an 18 HP billygoat blower could be had for way less than $3000. I think the fuctionality would be really very similar. A decent leaf-loader is maybe $3K? Still way less money. For me it is an clear business decision.

Adding the leaf-loader to the hurricane changes the functionality/value equation a bit. If it could be purchased with the leaf-loader option for around $6K, I'd buy one tomorrow.

And I gotta ask, as someone implied in an earlier post, why is this machine worth twice what I paid for my Great Dane 48" Super Surfer?

coolluv
09-15-2008, 05:46 PM
I posted to this thread and I'm subscribed to it, but yet my post is gone. Weird.

Dave...

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-15-2008, 08:58 PM
so what you are saying it can be used as truck loader also?

YES!

This machine is a 6000+ CFM debris blower and a fully functioning truck
loader capable of making the switch between the two in under a minute.
All in a 4.5 X 3 foot self contained and propelled, zero turn package!

Since two of our first customers wanted the machine for blow mode only,
The vacuum attachments became an accessory kit sold separately.

Chris

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
*Take off the mower deck and insert blower.

We did that as well as everyone else has, just we did it RIGHT!
Demo one and you will see. You wont get this kind of power and control
in a cart mounted walkbehind.

*I dont see a blower housing/impeller costing more than a mower deck, spindles, electric clutch.

Yup, it does, So many mowers out there has driven the prices of such
components down. Is your mower deck 1/4" plate steel? (our housing);
3/8" plate steel? (our impeller) Our impellers are dynamic balanced to a 1/10th of a gram. This significantly reduces vibration and improves engine longevity. Factor in deflectors, control circuitry, and manditory safety systems as well.

*It looks like tons of fun to change a hydraulic hose on this thing....
or better yet a drive belt.

As far as the hydro hoses, we use a grade of hose way above the rest.
We are confident you will be in need of a new engine and pumps before a
hydro hose change is required and a skilled tech can have the job done quickly.
The drive belt is another story, Kevlar belts are used for pump drive and they
last well over 500 hours of use. Best thing is the drive belt can be changed in the field in a little as 20 minutes.
Yup, we thought of that too.

Keep the questions rolling....I'll try to answer them as soon as I can...

Chris

Runner
09-15-2008, 10:21 PM
When are you going to have some videos of it in action? I hope with this fall coming, you take advantage of it and do some nice videos (of both the blowing and loading). At 27 hp, sitting still, this would be the loader from hell. If you look at Dave's site (Lawn Solutions), he has a program that is just SO well put together. This may give you some ideas...A nice product like yours deserves a nice intro and showing. I wish you the best of luck with this machine and hope you do well.

hackitdown
09-16-2008, 05:07 AM
We did that as well as everyone else has, just we did it RIGHT!
Demo one and you will see. You wont get this kind of power and control
in a cart mounted walkbehind.

Chris

I want one...but considering I can buy a cart and WB blower for 1/4 the price, this is a tough sell for me. (Actually, I own the blower, so I only need the $500 cart.)

I just don't think I'm seeing an $11K machine on my trailer to help with my $10K/yr in fall cleanups.

Nighthawk9125
09-17-2008, 12:05 PM
I have one better for you. I have a Fradan Self Propelled blower and I clipped on a stand up velke for 250 bucks. The Fradan is no joke when it comes to power and i just stand on the velke and let it pull me around. Plus for that price I could buy 4 Fradan's with the Velke.

Cost for Fradan Blower $2,400.00, Cost for a Velke $250.00 Saving $8,300.00 ........PRICELESS!

cpel2004
09-17-2008, 04:29 PM
As his sales increase the pricing will decrease,I must agree with you guys regarding the price. But I also understand the manufactures pricing, it takes many years of development cost to bring anything new to the market, so I can see why the intial price is so much. I agree with the one poster, it should cost as much or less than a Stander.

LwnmwrMan22
09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
I think you guys are looking at it completely wrong.

Runner - you'll be glad to know I've gone from working 80 hours / week myself to working 40 hours / week with 2 full time employees, and I work my business now, rather than it running me.

That's what a broken foot will do for a guy.

Anyways, here's how I look at it, and I haven't even looked at the website yet.

There's too many guys out there that are doing this work too cheap. Runner, Rodfather, myself are paying employees $15-20 / hour to work our equipment, to take care of it, to make it last.

I've been tired of paying guys $9-12 / hour and just rotating through guys to get stuff done. I said to myself I'm going to start to pay guys what construction guys get paid, so I can rob good guys from those jobs, instead of my guys always getting robbed from my jobs.

Anyways, that's off-topic, yet on-topic at the same time.

If all you're doing is 1/4 acre lots, this thing isn't going to help you much. It's where I live, where you have 1-2 acre wooded lots that will serve its purpose.

You also have to have a truck to load into. You're not going to see much gain if you're just tarping leaves into the box of the pickup or onto the trailer.

You're looking at speed and efficiency here. You're looking at another thing that makes work easier for your employees to keep them happy, and say "hey, this guy is serious, he's on the cutting edge of technology". You're looking at having your customers see that you're always looking for the next thing to work their property.

I realize that there'll be alot of you that will say "my customer doesn't care what I use, as long as it gets done", which for most that will be the case.

I landed a large city maintenance account because the city officers see me around town, and know of my equipment, where it's always new, it's always high end equipment.

Most could say you don't need that, but that's why they chose to hire me. It's an image they wanted on their parks system when people in the city are using the parks.

This would be an ideal piece of equipment for those that are doing primarily commercial properties where you could upsell parking lot cleanup in the spring.

You cannot look at this piece of equipment as how much it costs, but how much will it earn you.

As far as comparing pricing, there's nothing you're really going to compare pricing too. If you're going to compare pricing to a Little Wonder, then really you should compare (3) 8 hp Little Wonders strapped to the front end of a Stander, since then you'll have the same hp to the blowing of leaves.

And yes, I agree that's still 1/2 the price of this Hurricane.

There's alot of people that don't run Kubota diesel mowers, but rather a Hustler Fastrak too. I've got one of my employees that runs one. Once he's been on mine, he hates going to go mow his own properties with his Fastrak. Not that there's anything wrong with the Fastrak, but we mow acres and acres of turf with the ZD331 / 72" mowers. You just couldn't do that with a Fastrak.

newtostone
09-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Would it be possible to see this beast in action? That may be able to swing a few towards it. Even tho its a bit $, people will spend their money where they want it. If they hate doing leaves this may be a godsend for them

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-18-2008, 02:55 AM
*I just don't think I'm seeing an $11K machine on my trailer to help with my $10K/yr in fall cleanups.

Well, demo our machine and see for yourself if our claim of getting over twice as much work done is true. Then you will see that the $10k per year turns into more than $20k. You won't have to turn work down, so you can make more money.

*In 1999 I bought a 16 hp self propelled (gear box) Billygoat blower for $2200. 6300cfm @154mph. Lesco made a 16 hp (hydro pump & motor to a differential/axle) blower 3700 cfm

Which of the above numbers is real and which is ficticious? My guess is the 3700cfm at 16 hp is closer to reality. 25hp wont get close to 6000cfm, we tried it and failed, 2.5 to 5.0hp max required for the hydraulics and there isn't enough for 6000cfm. Here is where we make a stand and have our machine laboratory tested and the results, 6172 CFM @ 155MPH certified. Certification available upon request.

*The blower blows great, but its kind of hard to maneuver. It has a gear shift lever that I kick to the desired position R, 1,2,3, then engage the bail lever. Its great for large lawns, but when the leaves are real deep, its better to tarp them out.

Maneuverability is no issue with our machine in any lawn, large or small, open or congested. Deep leaves is where this machine really shines. Power to move mountains of leaves. Tarping is a thing of the past, blow them where you want them to go, hook the hoses up, load 'em up and go.

*I have some stander mowers and a z-plugger. I love that stuff. If I had a stand-up blower, it would get a lot more use than my BG, I'd love it. In a better economy, with more stable employees, and I were getting younger instead of older, I'd buy it just for sport. I'd love it.

With our blower you wouldn't have the need for unstable employees, you could get the work done in less than half the time by yourself and get more
work done in a day for more pay! That helps your economy, thats what matters.

Keep the comments and questions going......

Chris

LwnmwrMan22...Thankyou for your comments and logic, and foresight.

supercuts
09-18-2008, 06:31 AM
its a tough concept to grasp for some of the smaller guys to spend $11k and i understand that. but if your only doing $10K of leaves a year, picture cutting fall cleanup time in half then picking up only 50% more work($5k). now your getting 1.5x the work done in 3/4 of last years time. work less and in 2 years its paid for. ive always preached efficiency efficiency efficiency. that is how you will grow and make more while working less. it is a huge cost up front only to give you a huge gain 2 years from now.

as far as the vac attachment, i dont see the efficiency of taking the front off putting on the hose, hooking up the tube to the truck etc, esppically if your only driving around picking up piles.

and the comparisons of strapping a little wonder to a buggy isnt nearly as efficent making an assumption that they put out the same cfm's, which is horribly inacurate. my giant vac 16z blower only puts out 4000cfms and imgussing the little wonder is half of that.

i say all this with the understanding that you are doing 1-2+ acre heavily wooded lots. otherwise, you most likely dont need this as much, but it would still help.

Mowbizz
09-18-2008, 08:58 AM
*I just don't think I'm seeing an $11K machine on my trailer to help with my $10K/yr in fall cleanups.

Well, demo our machine and see for yourself if our claim of getting over twice as much work done is true. Then you will see that the $10k per year turns into more than $20k. You won't have to turn work down, so you can make more money.

*In 1999 I bought a 16 hp self propelled (gear box) Billygoat blower for $2200. 6300cfm @154mph. Lesco made a 16 hp (hydro pump & motor to a differential/axle) blower 3700 cfm

Which of the above numbers is real and which is ficticious? My guess is the 3700cfm at 16 hp is closer to reality. 25hp wont get close to 6000cfm, we tried it and failed, 2.5 to 5.0hp max required for the hydraulics and there isn't enough for 6000cfm. Here is where we make a stand and have our machine laboratory tested and the results, 6172 CFM @ 155MPH certified. Certification available upon request.

*The blower blows great, but its kind of hard to maneuver. It has a gear shift lever that I kick to the desired position R, 1,2,3, then engage the bail lever. Its great for large lawns, but when the leaves are real deep, its better to tarp them out.

Maneuverability is no issue with our machine in any lawn, large or small, open or congested. Deep leaves is where this machine really shines. Power to move mountains of leaves. Tarping is a thing of the past, blow them where you want them to go, hook the hoses up, load 'em up and go.

*I have some stander mowers and a z-plugger. I love that stuff. If I had a stand-up blower, it would get a lot more use than my BG, I'd love it. In a better economy, with more stable employees, and I were getting younger instead of older, I'd buy it just for sport. I'd love it.

With our blower you wouldn't have the need for unstable employees, you could get the work done in less than half the time by yourself and get more

Chris

LwnmwrMan22...Thankyou for your comments and logic, and foresight.

I think your product "looks" fantastic...as far as the cost many have hit the nail on the head about smaller solo operations (me) forking over $12.5k for leaf cleanups...maybe as you get more established on sales and a dealer network, you can offer some "creative" financing options to make more sales to more people (me) feasible...I'm sure that's in your long range business plan, right?? :drinkup:

DuallyVette
09-18-2008, 10:16 PM

Which of the above numbers is real and which is fictitious? My guess is the 3700cfm at 16 hp is closer to reality. 25hp wont get close to 6000cfm, we tried it and failed, 2.5 to 5.0hp max required for the hydraulics and there isn't enough for 6000cfm. Here is where we make a stand and have our machine laboratory tested and the results, 6172 CFM @ 155MPH certified. Certification available upon request.

Chris

Most of these are my quotes: I believe that your blower FAR our performs anything on the market.

On my 16hp BillyGoat (QB 1601 SP) BG rated it at 6300cfm @154 mph. Do you think that they made this number up ? Do you think BG lies ?

My BG doesn't get used all year round, although we have several 1 acre + parking lots that we blow off weekly with 8001 backpacks, its too awkward blowing around parked cars, and around islands with the QB1601 SP blower. You really have to wrestle it around. I'll bet that your Hurricane would be great. Especially since it has a parking brake that will hold it steady, when I get off of it to blow between stuff or out of a corner, with my backpack blower.

I also have a BG 16hp truck loader HTR 1601 V (3200 cfm). I've been wanting a LW 27hp truck loader ( no cfm rating on their site) The 27 hp truck loader appears to be too large (500lbs)to mount on a swing hitch behind my dump truck. The Hurricane would be handy. Haul it around in the trailer, blow off the lawn, blow the parking lot, then pull up to the dump truck and blow the pile in. win win !! Does the Hurricane suck the same cfm as it blows ?

I've always spent money to save time and have easy access. I have a $19k chipper that I only use 10 times a year. A $26k tractor & backhoe, just in case I want to lift, or bushhog something or dig up a few bushes, or stumps ( or my damn septic system). plus more carpentry, and tile tools than a carpenter or tile guy has. I even keep a spare dually truck...just in case.

I hope the time comes soon that I have faith in the economy. I love tools, and I love to spend money. With the crooked, incompetent government, and thieving big businesses and investment firms... we'll all be speaking Chinese soon.

sven1277
09-19-2008, 12:11 AM
I'd like to see video of it blowing and sucking matted wet leaves because as you all know, it seems to rain a lot during leaf season and piled leaves do not dry out quickly. Also, how does it do on hillsides? I also have a 16hp gear drive Billy Goat and it likes to tip on hills. It can really catch you off guard. What are the cfm's for the loader?

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-19-2008, 01:51 AM
The CFM of the loading feature of the Hurricane Blovac is the same as blow mode with the exception of velocity pressure. There has to be debris "clearance" within the blower housing otherwise clogging would be the result. At the time of our lab testing the hose was still on backorder, so that was not officially tested. I personally know that holding onto the discharge hose at full power is a challenge to say the least. We will post those numbers to the web site when available.
This machine was designed with the packed wet leaves in mind and has enough power to move them effectively. The dual deflector setup is the result of wet leaf testing. Positioned as shown on the website, the airstream from the first deflector gets under the leaves and "levitates" them, while the second airstream drives them.
Its funny that the wet leaves was mentioned because during spring cleanup testing, I was blowing heavy wet leaves that where packed by snow piles next to dumpsters and I reset the deflectors lower and ended up with a face full of stinky wet leaves after they rebounded off of the dumpster. I was told by our tester that they would normally have to use a pitchfork to get them out of there.
What the hay, I was happy that the machine passed another of our tests!

Chris

mowerbrad
09-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I under stand that this machine does two jobs, blows and then vacs. But what I could never justify is the $11000 price tag. For $11000 I could get a little wonder truck loader, a dump insert, 2 little wonder wb blowers and some extra money left over to pay my helper with.

From what I see on that blower all it is, is just a $1500 wb blower mounted to a $5000 stand on mower with out a mower deck. Then of coarse add on $500 for the other features on it. So I am seeing a $7000 machine MAX.

I'll have to try it though to see if it would be worth $11000. Maybe I'll do that and see how I like it this fall. That way I would have an opinion based on my experience with the actual machine and not just on pictures.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
I under stand that this machine does two jobs, blows and then vacs. But what I could never justify is the $11000 price tag. For $11000 I could get a little wonder truck loader, a dump insert, 2 little wonder wb blowers and some extra money left over to pay my helper with.

From what I see on that blower all it is, is just a $1500 wb blower mounted to a $5000 stand on mower with out a mower deck. Then of coarse add on $500 for the other features on it. So I am seeing a $7000 machine MAX.

I'll have to try it though to see if it would be worth $11000. Maybe I'll do that and see how I like it this fall. That way I would have an opinion based on my experience with the actual machine and not just on pictures.

Getting a demo of the Hurricane Blovac would be best so you can formulate your own opinions.
Just be prepared to purchase one because you will be very disappointed when you have to give it back!
PM me your details and I will try to arrange a demo since your so close to the factory.

Chris

HenryB
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Great looking machine very innovative, but that price is just not realistic.

Grasshoppers410
09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
I Demoed the hurricane vac blower today at Arlington Power Equipment in Palatine, IL today. I gotta say its one awesome machine but for $10,000 I wish i could get more use out of it since it is only a blower. Very nice machine if you have the work for it though.

robct
09-22-2008, 05:59 PM
this guy has one post and its about the blower that everyones arguing about, chris@blovac in disguise?

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-22-2008, 06:03 PM
I Demoed the hurricane vac blower today at Arlington Power Equipment in Palatine, IL today. I gotta say its one awesome machine but for $10,000 I wish i could get more use out of it since it is only a blower. Very nice machine if you have the work for it though.

Grasshoppers410

Thanks for the input. You must have seen Rick and Ron today as they were in your area. Rick must have told you that our machine is a truck loader as well as a blower. The vacuum hoses are available as an accessory. And the fact that with our machine, the work will come to you because you wont have to turn work down.

Chris

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
this guy has one post and its about the blower that everyones arguing about, chris@blovac in disguise?

Well your wrong, Rick just met this fella in IL today and he didnt even know about lawnsite until Rick told him about it.
He must have liked our machine enough that he felt compelled to post his opinion.
Thanks again Grasshoppers410 and welcome to the community!

Chris

Marek
09-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Chris how many of these units have you built ? Do you have a dealer in MD ? The idea of the machine is great but would have to see it to tell if its justified in its price for our company.

coolluv
09-22-2008, 06:41 PM
I think its a nice idea, but like I said in an earlier post that was sent to the Twilight Zone never to be seen again. Its just too much money for what it is and does. I wish you all the luck in the world with it.

Small operations won't be able to justify it, as you can see from the many responses. Bigger operations don't give a rats a$$ if an employee can ride rather than walk with a blower. They are not going to spend that kind of money for your machine to maybe save a little time using your machine vs a street blower and backpacks.

Its just another expensive machine for your employee to destroy. Most lawn companies use walkbehinds because they know how employees destroy expensive Z mowers. Are Z mowers more productive? Most of the time yes. Then why do most companies run belt drive walkbehinds. Because most bigger companies profit very little from each account and they have to save money every way they can, and keep cost down to a minimum.

Thats just the way it is in the lawn maintenance business. Illegals, Lowballers and big companies making small profits on huge amounts of customers,keeps prices low. Too low to justify $12000 to ride instead of walk.

Dave...

juspayme
09-22-2008, 08:55 PM
I think its a nice idea, but like I said in an earlier post that was sent to the Twilight Zone never to be seen again. Its just too much money for what it is and does. I wish you all the luck in the world with it.

Small operations won't be able to justify it, as you can see from the many responses. Bigger operations don't give a rats a$$ if an employee can ride rather than walk with a blower. They are not going to spend that kind of money for your machine to maybe save a little time using your machine vs a street blower and backpacks.

Its just another expensive machine for your employee to destroy. Most lawn companies use walkbehinds because they know how employees destroy expensive Z mowers. Are Z mowers more productive? Most of the time yes. Then why do most companies run belt drive walkbehinds. Because most bigger companies profit very little from each account and they have to save money every way they can, and keep cost down to a minimum.

Thats just the way it is in the lawn maintenance business. Illegals, Lowballers and big companies making small profits on huge amounts of customers,keeps prices low. Too low to justify $12000 to ride instead of walk.

Dave...

well said dave

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
09-23-2008, 04:43 PM

Chris

Chris, Please be careful when you claim numbers to be ficticious. Those numbers are indeed correct. Not sure where he got them though as we avoid publishing performance numbers, certified or not. I've got a brother who's a medical lawyer and he puts certified experts on the stand all the time. He hires various ones depending on what he wants them to say. As he puts it, "I can find a certified expert to say the moon is made of Cheese".

With that being said, what we found with our QB1601 Series is there was not enough MPH to really carry the debris the distance we wanted to. Not to worry, we don't make that unit anymore. Good luck to you but please be careful about claiming other have ficticious performance numbers without actually testing the units yourself.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-23-2008, 05:07 PM
i used to do a place that would have been great to use
and for 11k i would have paid it to get done faster

DuallyVette
09-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Chris, Please be careful when you claim numbers to be ficticious. Those numbers are indeed correct. Not sure where he got them though as we avoid publishing performance numbers, certified or not. I've got a brother who's a medical lawyer and he puts certified experts on the stand all the time. He hires various ones depending on what he wants them to say. As he puts it, "I can find a certified expert to say the moon is made of Cheese".

With that being said, what we found with our QB1601 Series is there was not enough MPH to really carry the debris the distance we wanted to. Not to worry, we don't make that unit anymore. Good luck to you but please be careful about claiming other have ficticious performance numbers without actually testing the units yourself.

I got the numbers from a Billy Goat Brochure: form #FO050599A. 1999 Billy Goat Industries INC. 9/BG-2004/5 Part No. 100132. Let me know if you'd like a color fax.

Rated at 6300 ft (3) min. 154 mph.
Hurricane: 6172 cu ft 155 mph.

So, you discontinued this blower...exactly why? Too expensive? dangerous? couldn't get the mph you wanted ? Lesco's 16 hp blower was rated at 3700 cfm @ 175 mph. Would the mph make Lesco's blower better, or lesser.

If my old blower was really 3700 cfm...Then Hurricane's would be a nice upgrade @ 6172...but $11,000 for the same output, that's a little rich for me.

When the leaves start falling, maybe Hurricane can pay me a visit here in NC, and make a believer out of me.

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
09-24-2008, 10:13 AM
DuallyVette,

You got me on that one. We did publish performance numbers one time in '99 and watched as everyone pole vaulted over our numbers with anything they could throw, truth be damned. We learned the lesson of publishing numbers then. I didn't dream anyone would still have a brochure from then. We discontinued the QB1600 series as it was too heavy, mid 80's engineering, too low MPH for our liking, and too expensive to build. Performance wise it's a far cry from our F1801 and it was about $1K more expensive than the F1801.

Let me know if there are any other questions

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-24-2008, 02:02 PM
i used to do a place that would have been great to use
and for 11k i would have paid it to get done faster

That is what the LCO said that bought our first machine. I went out to work their accounts with them one day. They gave me a location to meet them and when I arrived, they appologized that they were done already.
I could wait till they finished loading up and go to a different location.

We get to a residence and all I heard was how they hated this location. They were complaining about it would take the rest of the day. We started with myself and the owner, his helper was away unloading the dumptruck. We blew out the courtyard, front and side yards to the curb before the helper returned with the vac truck. As we were finishing the backyard, the help left to dump.

We stood there, the LCO looking at the amount of leaves at the curb, shaking his head, stating they cant be done that fast. I had called him while in route, checking my phone, I told him that we were only on site for an hour and 15 min. I had to show him my phone for him to believe me. He said there was no possibility of finishing this job in less than half a day before the Hurricane Blovac. So, jumping onto hurricane, he says "Lets get the neighbors house done too".

We completed the neighbors and stood around talking while his help loaded the leaves. He exclaimed "I gotta get me one of these blowers" and then corrected himself "I gotta get me another one!"

This company now has two Hurricane blovacs.

Chris

Tharrell
09-24-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't have a thing in the world against the Hurricane except the cost, it's an awesome product for sure.
In my world, a 8-9-13hp BG or LW standon would be ideal. I do parking lots so I don't really need the hp for hills and stuff.
Maybe you could make another model for us cheapskates?
See, I have bad knees so, riding would benefit me just like my Jungle Wheels.
Another possibility, economics of scale may enable the machine to be affordable after it's out a while. Tony

DuallyVette
09-24-2008, 08:19 PM
DuallyVette,

You got me on that one. We did publish performance numbers one time in '99 and watched as everyone pole vaulted over our numbers with anything they could throw, truth be damned. We learned the lesson of publishing numbers then. I didn't dream anyone would still have a brochure from then. We discontinued the QB1600 series as it was too heavy, mid 80's engineering, too low MPH for our liking, and too expensive to build. Performance wise it's a far cry from our F1801 and it was about $1K more expensive than the F1801.

Let me know if there are any other questions

Mr. Force,

I have a file cabinet with owners manuals and brochures going back to..forever. My QB 1600 IS awkward to operate, so it gets little use.
So I guess that you were saying that the F1801 was better? ("a far cry"). HOW MUCH BETTER ___%. I understand the concept of not publishing #'s, but the back pack blower guys do. Yea...some are misleading. I still used the #'s when buying the QB1600SP because of the much higher rating over the Lesco, although the Lesco had a hydro drive system.

mowerbrad
09-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Okay so I was able to hop on one of these Hurricane blo-vacs today. I was completely blown away by the performance of this machine. I was extremely skeptical before seeing it and using it in person. This thing was blowing leaves over curbs and then some. It easily clears 30 feet away. Very user friendly and comfortable. This machine would be able to cut your clean-up time in half if not more. Switching from blowing to vac-ing can be done in under a minute, easily (I saw it being done first hand). The vac has plenty of sucking power and plenty of discharging power. The Hurricane would allow companies to probably double their production rates if not more. I can see my self getting one of these in the future. I agree that the $11000 price tag is alot at one time but that should be made up by all of the extra work you will be able to do.

Thanks again Chris and Rick for bring that out to me today.

supercuts
09-24-2008, 09:33 PM

Dave...

i think we're in different worlds! i run z's and know they are so much faster than WB's. i would continue to spend $10K+ and allow employees to use them, similar to many around. the reason, because they bring a much higher gross per hour. and who wants to walk around in 100+ degree heat when you can be riding a z.

i think what it boils down to is understanded your potential increased efficiency as well as the extra time it creates for you, dramatically increasing productivity and potential profit.

sometimes it hurts to fork it over but knowing you will get it back and then some makes it worth all the while.

Lawnshow
09-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Well, I am glad to see that there are independent opinions of the hurricane blower like mowerbrad. I am glad to see that I was not just blowing in the wind..when I said that this thing is awsome and is the real deal. This is why we have two of them. The dollars are high but so are the stakes in this game. I felt that we had to get on the cutting edge of the lawn care game and this piece is doing it for us. Employee fatigue is down, productivitiy is up and we can now spank properties that used to take forever by walking around with a backpacks. I have tried it before to hire a bunch of eight dollar and hour people to walk around and blow but guess what we found, "I got eight dollar and hour performance." These guys were slow, didn't give a crap if the job was done right, and they were demorialized by the amount of leaves they had to blow or rake let along load into a trailer or the back of the truck. So they sit around on the trailer smoking cigarettes and complaining that their hand and backs hurt.

We got smarter, hired top of the line people, paid them more money and give them the right tools for the job like the hurricane blow/vac! We have grown around town by showing our quality of work and getting a lot of it done fast and done right the first time. I will never go back to the "cheap labor" theory. I hated babysitting anyway. The hurricane blower has increased productivity for us, and all around was very worth the investment. Yes I know it hurts to make the investments, but i also had learned to bite the bullet up front and it pays off in the end. It's like buying used equipment -never again if I dont' have to. Sick of the break downs and headaches of lost time and revenue.

I think as time goes by, this economy will adjust and we as LCO's will have to tool up our equipment to run less labor and less fuel while doing more work and turning more dollars with what we have. This means buying better equipment and servicing it and taking care of it! Again best of luck to those guys over at hurricane...time will show

jim

DuallyVette
09-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Well, I am glad to see that there are independent opinions of the hurricane blower like mowerbrad. I am glad to see that I was not just blowing in the wind..when I said that this thing is awsome and is the real deal. This is why we have two of them. The dollars are high but so are the stakes in this game. I felt that we had to get on the cutting edge of the lawn care game and this piece is doing it for us. Employee fatigue is down, productivitiy is up and we can now spank properties that used to take forever by walking around with a backpacks. I have tried it before to hire a bunch of eight dollar and hour people to walk around and blow but guess what we found, "I got eight dollar and hour performance." These guys were slow, didn't give a crap if the job was done right, and they were demorialized by the amount of leaves they had to blow or rake let along load into a trailer or the back of the truck. So they sit around on the trailer smoking cigarettes and complaining that their hand and backs hurt.

We got smarter, hired top of the line people, paid them more money and give them the right tools for the job like the hurricane blow/vac! We have grown around town by showing our quality of work and getting a lot of it done fast and done right the first time. I will never go back to the "cheap labor" theory. I hated babysitting anyway. The hurricane blower has increased productivity for us, and all around was very worth the investment. Yes I know it hurts to make the investments, but i also had learned to bite the bullet up front and it pays off in the end. It's like buying used equipment -never again if I dont' have to. Sick of the break downs and headaches of lost time and revenue.

I think as time goes by, this economy will adjust and we as LCO's will have to tool up our equipment to run less labor and less fuel while doing more work and turning more dollars with what we have. This means buying better equipment and servicing it and taking care of it! Again best of luck to those guys over at hurricane...time will show

jim

Well said :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I hope Hurricane prospers. I've seen good ideas fail because of price. I hope I demo one, find it irresistable, and get the crowbar out to open my wallet. I've never regretted spending money on productive equipment. I have some expensive tools that I've had at my disposal for many years. None of this equipment owes me a dime.

coolluv
09-25-2008, 06:28 PM

jim

Hey Jim lets see some pictures of your operation.

Dave...

Runner
09-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I was thinking....It's just a little "early" in the year to be seeing these amazing results in productivity. Unless the post is trying to connote how easy and fast it is to blow 30 leaves across a lawn.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-25-2008, 07:43 PM
I was thinking....It's just a little "early" in the year to be seeing these amazing results in productivity. Unless the post is trying to connote how easy and fast it is to blow 30 leaves across a lawn.

Runner,

These machines are over three years old now and those that have them, and more than one of them, are referring to the two to three years that they have used them with such success. I'm sure that lawnshow will chime in here as he owns one of the earliest prototypes and just bought another brand new production unit.

Have you seen the photos on our website? That blue machine will be on its fourth season this fall. More than thirty leaves pictured.

You see, this blower/loader concept is so new to everyone out there except the LCO's in our local area. We have been testing, refining, and tweeking it for the past three years and have just now publically released the finished product that will give operators like yourself years of productive, trouble free service.

Chris

Runner
09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
I am certainly eager to see one in action.:) And with full apologies, I truly didn't know these machines have been out this long. Please accept my apology.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-25-2008, 11:44 PM
I am certainly eager to see one in action.:) And with full apologies, I truly didn't know these machines have been out this long. Please accept my apology.

Now I will apologize. You didnt know these machines were out in the public
because you were not suppose to know.
I didnt mean to make you feel like you should have known about them, sorry.

Beta testing is what we have been doing here at Hurricane for the past three
years. It would be irresponsible to offer a untested machine for public sale.
Besides, offering a overbuilt, tough, powerful and defect free machine capable of
years of dependable service was our main goal. Though the last year has
been concentrating on the manufacturing aspects.

Market research and current user feedback is what determined this summers
release date. As you can tell, we are eager to get the word out about our machine.
With all the time and hard work invested into the project, its great to finally get
some machines out to the public and see the reactions about it, good or bad.

Runner....Please feel free to PM me your contact info and I will arrange a demo for you.

Chris

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Runner

If you PM me your contact info, Rick is going to be in Plymouth, MI area
beginning of next week and would like to demo the Blovac machine for you.

Chris

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Sorry It took so long to get these photos posted.

Here is the Hurricane Blovac Vacuum Hoses.
It takes less that a minute to hook them up.
Sorry, I dont have photos of the machine loading.... yet.

Chris

BTW I will have more photos uploaded to our website later today.

DuallyVette
09-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Whats the diameter of the hose?

I'm looking forward to Rick stopping by on Wednesday for my demo !!! Anyone in the Charlotte area wanting to see it can pm me, and maybe Chris can plant a few seeds.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Whats the diameter of the hose?

I'm looking forward to Rick stopping by on Wednesday for my demo !!! Anyone in the Charlotte area wanting to see it can pm me, and maybe Chris can plant a few seeds.

The Suction hose is 12 inch dia.

The Discharge hose is 8 inch dia.

DuallyVette
09-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Sounds good.

supercuts
09-28-2008, 08:16 AM
how tested have the discharge hose been tested, to me that looks like an awful long and bendy route for debris to take. looks like clog central to me

jtkplc
09-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Any chance of getting videos of blowing and vacuuming?

nobagger
09-28-2008, 10:54 AM
I have mixed feelings, none the less a great, great invention! Here are some definete pros and cons I see: First, very versitial piece of equipment, I can honestly see it taking the place of 2 or more existing pieces. I like the idea of loading grass from a pile if doing larger areas like condo's (a back saver for sure!) The two air deflectors are great, one can lift debris while the other blows it into a pile. The fact that it would seem to save a little time, and I'm sure there is a few more. The cons if really any I see: Expensive imo, I have a 07 Billygoat 13hp loader, a 05 Little Wonder 10hp w/b blower a 08 Billygoat 9hp w/b blower, a Echo PB 651, a Echo PB 755 and a Sthil BR 650. We move a butt load of leaves in a short time with this equipment. And on occation we use our mowers like bulldozers which move mountains of leaves. All the equipment listed above with the exception of the mowers I have $6000.00 invested and use this equipment year round. This would be a must have if your a bigger company doing large open leaf littered places or your starting to get into this business seriously and do a bunch or plan on doing a bunch of fall clean ups before you invest in the typical equipment.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
09-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Any chance of getting videos of blowing and vacuuming?

Soon, as soon as the leaves fall here in West Michigan.

Chris

DuallyVette
10-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Most of these are my quotes: I believe that your blower FAR our performs anything on the market.

On my 16hp BillyGoat (QB 1601 SP) BG rated it at 6300cfm @154 mph. Do you think that they made this number up ? Do you think BG lies ?

My BG doesn't get used all year round, although we have several 1 acre + parking lots that we blow off weekly with 8001 backpacks, its too awkward blowing around parked cars, and around islands with the QB1601 SP blower. You really have to wrestle it around. I'll bet that your Hurricane would be great. Especially since it has a parking brake that will hold it steady, when I get off of it to blow between stuff or out of a corner, with my backpack blower.

I also have a BG 16hp truck loader HTR 1601 V (3200 cfm). I've been wanting a LW 27hp truck loader ( no cfm rating on their site) The 27 hp truck loader appears to be too large (500lbs)to mount on a swing hitch behind my dump truck. The Hurricane would be handy. Haul it around in the trailer, blow off the lawn, blow the parking lot, then pull up to the dump truck and blow the pile in. win win !! Does the Hurricane suck the same cfm as it blows ?

I've always spent money to save time and have easy access. I have a $19k chipper that I only use 10 times a year. A $26k tractor & backhoe, just in case I want to lift, or bushhog something or dig up a few bushes, or stumps ( or my damn septic system). plus more carpentry, and tile tools than a carpenter or tile guy has. I even keep a spare dually truck...just in case.

I hope the time comes soon that I have faith in the economy. I love tools, and I love to spend money. With the crooked, incompetent government, and thieving big businesses and investment firms... we'll all be speaking Chinese soon.

Today, Rick with Hurricane Blo-Vac paid me a visit. I got to see the Hurricane in person. Comparing his 150+ mph, 6000+ cfm blower to my 1999 Billygoat QB16001SP(self propelled walkbehind blower) (that was rated in 1999 as its equal) was a joke. My Billygoat lost BIG TIME. If it blew the same type of 6000cfm as my BillyGoat, the price would be much harder to justify.

For a dollar justification. This machine is built like a tank. Its engineered for overkill. I am so impressed. When you open the flaps to let the air out it sounds like a helicopter is landing. As a truck loader, you can't compare the HURRICANE to my 16hp Billygoat truck loader. I'm certian that it will be equal to the Little Wonder 27 truck loader that I wanted. I think LW loader costs about $5000. My employee wants one to blow off a few parkinglots and a few large corner lots with lots of curbing. Just strap on a back Pac blower jump of the Hurricane, scoot up the curb, driveway, jump off and blow the porch and patio and scoot back to the truck. When you make the job easier or fun it surely improves morale. People on this site, discussing walk blowers have said that if you buy a push blower over 8/9 hp, it will whip your as* pushing it. My self propelled 16hp is awkward and a*s whipping. I can't wait till I get one !!!

DuallyVette
10-02-2008, 12:13 AM

I googled "Billy Goat QB1601SP" I found several people selling them (new), along with a chart stating the mph & cfm #'s on several of your products. Same char/brochure that I have.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Rick and Ron will be in the northeast next week if there is anyone who would like to demo the Hurricane BloVac.

They will be in:

Boxborough, MA on Wed, Oct 8
Cromwell, CT on Thurs, Oct 9
Kingston, NY on Fri, Oct 10

Demos will be available in the afternoon to evening after they finish their meetings in the morning.
PM me, email or call to schedule a demo if they are close to your area.
Contact info available on our website, click our ad at the left to get there.

Thanks...
Chris

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Rick and Ron's trip to the northeast has been cancelled for now but will be rescheduled for a later date. Those of you that have requested a demo will have their info forwarded to the salesmen out there.

Again, sorry for the delay,

Chris

supercuts
10-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Rick and Ron's trip to the northeast has been cancelled for now but will be rescheduled for a later date. Those of you that have requested a demo will have their info forwarded to the salesmen out there.

Again, sorry for the delay,

Chris

great, im the one who started this thread(from the north east) and was supposed to demo one at my dealer. any word on when the are rescheduling?

supercuts
10-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Rick and Ron will be in the northeast next week if there is anyone who would like to demo the Hurricane BloVac.

They will be in:

Boxborough, MA on Wed, Oct 8
Cromwell, CT on Thurs, Oct 9
Kingston, NY on Fri, Oct 10

Demos will be available in the afternoon to evening after they finish their meetings in the morning.
PM me, email or call to schedule a demo if they are close to your area.
Contact info available on our website, click our ad at the left to get there.

Thanks...
Chris

one was also supposed to be sent to barry at saybrook lawn and power.......perhaps the launch was pre-mature

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Supercuts,

Were you scheduled to demo a Hurricane Blovac at your dealer?
Please PM me your contact info and I will make sure a salesmen will call you and arrange a demo.

Chris

DuallyVette
10-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Supercuts,
Prepare to be impressed !!!

HenryB
10-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Supercuts,
Prepare to be impressed !!!

I'm already impressed but the price is just upsurd! It's just a stander with a blower housing instead of a deck. A Stander is $5k -$7k not $11k:hammerhead:

DuallyVette
10-04-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm already impressed but the price is just upsurd! It's just a stander with a blower housing instead of a deck. A Stander is $5k -$7k not $11k:hammerhead:

We all like for things to cost less. Its driven our jobs to China etc. Most products with a limited market seem pricey. I remember in 1980 that a belt driven walkbehind costs me $2600. A new chevy stakebody truck cost me $7200. It seems like I got more for my money with the truck, but I cut my time down and profits up with the walkbehind.

I'll bet that designing and building the 1st Ford Pinto cost a million 1965 dollars. They built a $1900 car. I'll bet Rick @Hurricane has a pot of money and years of his time, bringing this to market, he did a terrific job, and took no short cuts. Over time,the price may come down. Some patents run out (Round-up)...some don't ("Happy Birthday to You" song belongs to Michel Jackson. Sing it in public...send him a royalty check.)

I bought a z-plugger last year for $8000 (Home Depot will rent you one for $150 a day, or sell it to you for $9975.) I don't like aerating..but I have to do it. The z-plugger has a shortcoming, but it works with less effort than hauling my 4000+ lb tractor around. Expensive...yes, but for the next 15+ years, it's at my disposal.

I bought a Turf Renovator last month. $3500. Again, limited market, limited use per year. It costs much more that the Lesco product, but many raved about it on this forum. They weren't wrong. I bought my Ryan Lawn air iv new, in 1980 for $1250. I've spent a couple hundred on parts, but it's still going.

The Hurricane isn't for everyone. Some areas have no leaf problems, though the whole country has parking lots. I don't use my BillyGoat 16hp self propelled blower year round on the parking lots we maintain. If it really put out the advertized 6000+cfm (like the Hurricane DOES)and had a parking brake (so I could leave it running when I got the corners with the backPack blower), and it wasn't so awkward to use, it may be useful.

I hope Rick @ Hurricane sucessful. I'd really hate to see it go away. I bet when I get one, I'll kick myself for putting it off. Save a dime, waste a dollar.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-05-2008, 12:21 AM
We all like for things to cost less. Its driven our jobs to China etc. Most products with a limited market seem pricey. I remember in 1980 that a belt driven walkbehind costs me $2600. A new chevy stakebody truck cost me $7200. It seems like I got more for my money with the truck, but I cut my time down and profits up with the walkbehind.

I'll bet that designing and building the 1st Ford Pinto cost a million 1965 dollars. They built a $1900 car. I'll bet Rick @Hurricane has a pot of money and years of his time, bringing this to market, he did a terrific job, and took no short cuts. Over time,the price may come down. Some patents run out (Round-up)...some don't ("Happy Birthday to You" song belongs to Michel Jackson. Sing it in public...send him a royalty check.)

I bought a z-plugger last year for $8000 (Home Depot will rent you one for $150 a day, or sell it to you for $9975.) I don't like aerating..but I have to do it. The z-plugger has a shortcoming, but it works with less effort than hauling my 4000+ lb tractor around. Expensive...yes, but for the next 15+ years, it's at my disposal.

I bought a Turf Renovator last month. $3500. Again, limited market, limited use per year. It costs much more that the Lesco product, but many raved about it on this forum. They weren't wrong. I bought my Ryan Lawn air iv new, in 1980 for $1250. I've spent a couple hundred on parts, but it's still going.

The Hurricane isn't for everyone. Some areas have no leaf problems, though the whole country has parking lots. I don't use my BillyGoat 16hp self propelled blower year round on the parking lots we maintain. If it really put out the advertized 6000+cfm (like the Hurricane DOES)and had a parking brake (so I could leave it running when I got the corners with the backPack blower), and it wasn't so awkward to use, it may be useful.

I hope Rick @ Hurricane sucessful. I'd really hate to see it go away. I bet when I get one, I'll kick myself for putting it off. Save a dime, waste a dollar.

Duallyvette can attest to the quality, durable build. Hurricane Blovac is not just another lawn mower.
This machine is a 27HP TRUCK LOADER as well as a 27HP DEBRIS BLOWER!
All in a 3ft X 4.5ft package!
Impressed? Have you been on one yet? I'd think after getting to demo a Hurricane Blovac you'll understand.
Duallyvette has a point about hauling around his tractor, it is too big and heavy. It takes a 30 pto hp tractor to run a 6000+ cfm blower, now how much room is left on your trailer?

Chris

Wright Mfg
10-06-2008, 02:00 PM

That Hurricane blower looks pretty cool.

Since there is so much mention of Stander and blowers attached to Standers, I thought I would share this Pic.......

ed2hess
10-06-2008, 07:00 PM

Since there is so much mention of Stander and blowers attached to Standers, I thought I would share this Pic.......

So could that be mounted up to our Wright Sentar......and would you pm with the cost. We have a 13hp Billy Goat would it fit on that carriage?

DuallyVette
10-06-2008, 08:03 PM

That's nice.
I'm a BIG Wright Stander fan. The ZK with the cute little blower would keep the push blower from whipping your As*, but with much less than 1/2 the blowing power, much less maneuverability, and the drive wheels should be able to bury the Stander, worse than my John Deere 657.

Wright Mfg
10-07-2008, 07:56 AM
So could that be mounted up to our Wright Sentar......and would you pm with the cost. We have a 13hp Billy Goat would it fit on that carriage?

We don't make or sell the carriage or any blowers. You can get the carriage from JRCO. They have a pic of one set up on a Sentar on their website. jrcoinc.com

JV

NYGrasshopper
10-07-2008, 09:58 AM
I think the price is way too high. I hear Fradan has something similar for HALF THE PRICE! I think it is going to be available to everyone very soon. Now that is something I would buy! Plus it has the Fradan name behind it!!

srl28
10-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Seems that yes the price is high but Im loving the idea of having the vac built right in like that. Would certainly look into this. What is the "golf course package" thats listed as an option, just curious.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Seems that yes the price is high but Im loving the idea of having the vac built right in like that. Would certainly look into this. What is the "golf course package" thats listed as an option, just curious.

Golf course package is two larger, wide smooth rear tires for the greens. They reduce the ground pressure to under a safe level for use on the greens. This machine will even go through the bunkers as well.

Chris

Lazer_Z
10-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Chris, I love the concept, the machine's look great and I'm certain they work very well. As much as I'd love one of these babies it's too rich for my blood, but I wish you and your company much success. Who knows maybe in a couple years you'll be filling an order for me.

Nighthawk9125
10-11-2008, 10:05 AM
NYGRASSHOPPER- Are you telling me Fradan has a stand on Blower? And they are selling it for half!!! Now your talking a more sensible price range! I knew they just came out with truck loaders and you can't beat the price on those bad boys but I didn't know about the stand on. I am interested to see how it looks. I don't see it on their website???

ed2hess
10-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I was interested in the Walker blower but never priced it....guessing it might be around $2K.

supercuts
10-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Supercuts,

Were you scheduled to demo a Hurricane Blovac at your dealer?
Please PM me your contact info and I will make sure a salesmen will call you and arrange a demo.

Chris

chris either im getting dumber or the new settup for trying to figure out how to PM sucks, either way i thougth i did with no responce. so, i was supposed to demo one at saybrook lawn and power, saybrook ct (Barry O'neil). he said he'd call when they were supposed to come in. but apparently you guys have canceled. whats going on??

supercuts
10-12-2008, 07:36 AM

i cant see the vac working well at all, with that type of shoot(a hose) i see it clogging not to mention the most efficient way IMO is having the vac on the front to quickly move the truck around to piles as well as shift it around a bit in very large piles which we have lots of. i couldnt imagine moving a machine, then the truck, reattaching the hose, all just to pull forward a few feet.

bakerc8
10-12-2008, 10:23 AM
i would get one but not for that price

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Please send me an email at chris@hurricenblovac.com an I will try to get a demo scheduled for you.

Chris

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Supercuts, I think your PM's are turned off in your user profile. I cannot PM you. Might want to check it out.

Chris

supercuts
10-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Please send me an email at chris@hurricenblovac.com an I will try to get a demo scheduled for you.

Chris

i cant believe how much trouble im having trying to look at an $11000 blower. i cnat even email you, i click on your email link and it gets kicked back to me. how about you email me from a working account mdaric2@aol.com

Mowbizz
10-14-2008, 08:59 AM
i cant believe how much trouble im having trying to look at an $11000 blower. i cnat even email you, i click on your email link and it gets kicked back to me. how about you email me from a working account mdaric2@aol.com

Look closely at his email address...it's spelled WRONG!

Try chris@hurricaneblovac.com

DUSTYCEDAR
10-14-2008, 09:13 AM
time is money and guys cost money lots o money
if you can replace extra help with this machine its priceless.
when you factor in Workman's comp and overtime in leaf season you can pay for this in a season. if not faster.
stop putting down someone for a new machine.
so what if it cost 11k what does a new mower cost? back pacs now in the 500 buck range and they blow up in a season or have problems.
now i want action pics.:)

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Look closely at his email address...it's spelled WRONG!

Try chris@hurricaneblovac.com

Thanks Mowbizz

I did catch the missspelling after the fact and it was too late
to edit my post.

Chris

ohiolawnguy
10-14-2008, 09:30 PM
will you have this blower at gie/expo to try out?

Daneman
10-16-2008, 10:31 AM
So are we going to see this in Louisville next week?

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-18-2008, 01:01 AM
We will now be at GIE+Expo in Louisville,KY this coming week!
Look for us there! Indoors and outside demos.

Due to some last minute planning the Hurricane Blovac will be on exhibit at the Expo,
so come and see the Hurricane Blovac and test it for yourself.

See you there....

Chris

supercuts
10-18-2008, 09:26 AM
heres my review:

so i tried it out yesturday. only one word describes it, it blows!!, and by saying that its in one of the two positive meanings of something that blows. i wasnt thrilled with user friendliness of it. it was difficult going in reverse because you really dont have something to hold the lever against like you do to go forward. that foot plate safty switch has to go to, the slightest movement leaning back and it shuts off.

it was nice in that it can fit into tight place my ztr with the 16z blower attached cant fit. i LOVED the two adjustable plates on the shute, one open and one down about 1/3rd seemed like the winning combo. the 6000+ cfm's was noticable more then my giant vac 16z blower but not as dramatic as i would have thought.

i think its a great concept with a few bugs that may need to be worked out like the levers. i still think im more productive with my ZTR and 16Z blower, not to say id never consider a hurricane! i cant fit 2 ZTR's with blower in my 18' trailer and know one day i will need another super efficient blower.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Hurricane Blovac is at GIE+EXPO, come see us at booth #860

See us at the indoor booth and the outside demo area!

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks to all who made it to the GIE+EXPO today to see the Hurricane Blovac!
Today was busy with great weather and great people.

We are at booth #6682D outdoors for demo's.

Chris

ZTRMaster
10-24-2008, 03:36 AM
Well, I have read about 80% of all these posts here but I am getting the impression that there is no real justification for charging more than 10 grand for this piece of machinery. I've yet to hear Chris@hurricaneblovac.com give any real reason why he's charging two arms and a leg for this thing. This company is destined for bankruptcy with prices like that. It's less complicated and smaller (a lot less metal) than a sit-down ZTR mower...there's no reason for it to be this expensive. I mean come on...this is just ridiculous. Nobody can afford these damn things! They cost more than some new cars!

You said somebody bought 2? What's that like close to 25 grand with taxes and all? That's crazy. Lower your price to something a little more digestible and you'll see that people will be much more likely to consider it when they hear what it costs.

supercuts
10-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Well, I have read about 80% of all these posts here but I am getting the impression that there is no real justification for charging more than 10 grand for this piece of machinery. I've yet to hear Chris@hurricaneblovac.com give any real reason why he's charging two arms and a leg for this thing. This company is destined for bankruptcy with prices like that. It's less complicated and smaller (a lot less metal) than a sit-down ZTR mower...there's no reason for it to be this expensive. I mean come on...this is just ridiculous. Nobody can afford these damn things! They cost more than some new cars!

You said somebody bought 2? What's that like close to 25 grand with taxes and all? That's crazy. Lower your price to something a little more digestible and you'll see that people will be much more likely to consider it when they hear what it costs.

im not tyring to defend them but have you ever thought about research and development? this is something brand new comming to market. there has never been one like it. there is lots of planning. its not like making a ztr and picking features from the top choices. they have none to compare to. the only real good part is that wright has made mowers they may try to compare too a bit. there are also deflectors and implellers to design.

however, that being said, i would hope in a few years the prices start to come down but dought that would happen. it works for electronics....we'll see

hackitdown
10-24-2008, 07:57 AM
im not tyring to defend them but have you ever thought about research and development? this is something brand new comming to market. there has never been one like it. there is lots of planning. its not like making a ztr and picking features from the top choices. they have none to compare to. the only real good part is that wright has made mowers they may try to compare too a bit. there are also deflectors and implellers to design.

however, that being said, i would hope in a few years the prices start to come down but dought that would happen. it works for electronics....we'll see

Your point is excellent. It is expensive to market a new product.

However, there is also a thing called Price Elasticity of Demand. It means the more something costs, the lower the demand, since no one can buy it if it costs too much. Here is a definition from Wikipedia:

"In economics and business studies, the price elasticity of demand (PED) is a measure of the sensitivity of quantity demanded to changes in price. It is measured as elasticity, that is it measures the relationship as the ratio of percentage changes between quantity demanded of a good and changes in its price. Drinking water is a good example of a good that has inelastic characteristics in that people will pay anything for it (high or low prices with relatively equivalent quantity demanded), so it is not elastic. On the other hand, demand for a Hurricane Blower is very elastic because as the price of Hurricane Blowers increases, there are many substitutions which consumers may switch to."

Mowbizz
10-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks to all who made it to the GIE+EXPO today to see the Hurricane Blovac!
Today was busy with great weather and great people.

We are at booth #6682D outdoors for demo's.

Chris

Chris, how many Blovacs did you sell at the show?? Just curious...:)

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-24-2008, 11:57 PM

Well, I said that two companies have bought two Hurricane blovacs each.
And from the response we are having at the show, there will be a lot more companies with two of our machines.
Its likely a LCO that just bought one of our machines is going to buy four more! So, he will have FIVE! No joke.
He seen the time/money savings and figures he can't lose. Less time on site, less fuel, less labor,
happy crews = more productivity = more profit$.

Just read here on this site that the price of mowers just went up alot.
Just got to love the steel prices these days, it has been going up daily.
Shipping just went up, fuels is still up, diesel not gas, bread and milk, etc.
We understand that some LCO's can't afford our machine, economics just prohibit the expenditure.

Chris

4evergreenlawns
10-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Well I want to say I saw the unit sitting at the local dealer and before I even knew it was also a vac I knew I wanted one.

We ONLY service commercial sites. We are cutting about 480 Acres a week with 5 crews. Some of that is parks and campus sites that start at 5 acres.

I am not one to think that more people means more productivity. In my experience it is the exact oppisite. It is the equipment you make available to your work force that makes them more productive. They are just humans, treat them as such and you will see the quality of the work surpass your expectations.

This all reminds me of when I start out 7 years ago with just one truck and a 7X14 enclosed trailer. I was shoping for my new equipment I was told, "You do not need to spend all the money on a standing ride on unit a walk behind is half the cost and just as good". or "Hey, way pay for that Redmax stuff when you can by Echo for 1/2 it all works the same". Ride-on fertilizer unit are you nuts??

Well now I own 8 GD SS 52" and if it was not for thinking outside the box and willing to invest (that is right people, equipement purchasing it not just buying something, it is an investment that you want to be able to quanitify the return on) in the Stand-On Rider mower I would not be where I am today I am sure of it. Now I see Stand-On Riding mowers everywhere along with all the large fert co. using ride-on spreaders.

I own countless B/P blowers in different sizes and two G-Force walk behind blowers. If you have not worked a G-Force W/B on a 5 acre site with very mature trees in the fall you can not even start to talk about the price of this Hurricane being high.

If you have not yet moved from tarps and rakes to a truck loader of some type nor are you able to see this set up as being well worth the $$$ invested even just for a few weeks out of the season, than just filp the page and wait a few years.

When I added the Salsco 27HP trailered truck loader I saw a 60% reduction in labor on jobs we had done the previous two seasons. I do not care what your margin is, if you can not see the bennifit from 60% reduction in labor alone you need not ever think about buying more trucks or adding more people. Stick with the one man show and keep telling yourself how much money you are making.

Lets also talk about the amount of debris a truck loader is able to get into one truck that use to take three trucks, how about the saving on dump charges and less trip to the dump meaning fuel savings and equipment that remains on site working. Furthermore, I was so surprised about how it worked for fall clean up we now use this set up for Spring Clean ups too with an overall savings of 45% in the first 4-6 week of spring.

I worked for a guy that had the idea that every piece of equipment had to be out weighted by the number of labors he could pay for with the same dollars. How many of you are thinking but not will to say it out loud, "$11,000 can pay for alot of M@#@ICANS" Hey fools it only pays for the labor ONE TIME. What about after you spent the $11,000 on labor and you still have more work to do for years to come?? Does your labor force just work for free???? Or do you just not have the confidence in yourself to think you will last morea than a season or two so why take the chance on putting $$$$ into something you will just have to sell for a lost when your business fails?? I only worked for that guy 2 seasons and needless to say now I own a company that is doing well over 8 times the amount of work the other guy was doing and something tells me I am doing ok for myself. This is the saem guy who told me only doing commercial maintenance would never work out, "YOU HAVE TO SERVICE HOUSES TO MAKE THE REAL $$$$" How is that working out for all you guys only doing residential work when 3/5 out of 10 home owner are in foreclousure? I am sure you are getting paid every week.

Now, lets talk about the fact that when I asked the dealer about this unit the first thing he said was, "Yeah, and it is like $11,000.00 who is going to pay that much for a blower". (now the key here is I saw the unit and I asked about it) That was the first and only time I thought "Well that seems alittle high" Once I asked about a demo and some more info on the unit I later learned it is also a leaf vac. Now I am thinking, $$$$$$$ to my bottom line and the cost of the unit became totally secondary. When you grow your company to a size where your weekly payroll is running $6K plus a week, (JUST PAYROLL) you spend evey waking hour thinking "HOW CAN I DO MORE FOR LESS".

I am set up for a demo next week. I will take pictures as it seems all the big mouths that tell about all the great equipmenet they have that works great for less can not afford a digital camera to show us what exactly they are doing that is so great, or they are affrid we might figure out their method and steal it.

I will give a honest review to what I think of the unit based on using big blowers, mowers and a truck loader, (which I will also put up some pictures of our current set up).

Chris,

I hope you are not going to be like the Blizzard Plow folks or thos epeople who marketed the Buzzbox Spreader and make production very limited or closing the doors, causing those of us willing to invest in your product to wait forever for a uinit to be delivered.

With that in mind can to tell us how many unit do you have in your current inventory ready for delivery??? I can assure you that if all that I think of what this Hurricane blowvac proves itself out I will be ready to invest NOW.

I would not want to hear, "Well, you can have a new unit for next season. Please reassure me that will not be the case. Nor do I want to hear about how they are being built in your garage and you can only build so many a week, (WRIGHT STANDER CO). That is when I am going to hop right on the band wagon and demand some serious justification for pricing and why would you have me waste my time to demo something I can not buy today. I hope you are as proffessional as the appearance of your product.

Best, Ron G.

juspayme
10-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Well I want to say I saw the unit sitting at the local dealer and before I even knew it was also a vac I knew I wanted one.

We ONLY service commercial sites. We are cutting about 480 Acres a week with 5 crews. Some of that is parks and campus sites that start at 5 acres.

I am not one to think that more people means more productivity. In my experience it is the exact oppisite. It is the equipment you make available to your work force that makes them more productive. They are just humans, treat them as such and you will see the quality of the work surpass your expectations.

This all reminds me of when I start out 7 years ago with just one truck and a 7X14 enclosed trailer. I was shoping for my new equipment I was told, "You do not need to spend all the money on a standing ride on unit a walk behind is half the cost and just as good". or "Hey, way pay for that Redmax stuff when you can by Echo for 1/2 it all works the same". Ride-on fertilizer unit are you nuts??

Well now I own 8 GD SS 52" and if it was not for thinking outside the box and willing to invest (that is right people, equipement purchasing it not just buying something, it is an investment that you want to be able to quanitify the return on) in the Stand-On Rider mower I would not be where I am today I am sure of it. Now I see Stand-On Riding mowers everywhere along with all the large fert co. using ride-on spreaders.

I own countless B/P blowers in different sizes and two G-Force walk behind blowers. If you have not worked a G-Force W/B on a 5 acre site with very mature trees in the fall you can not even start to talk about the price of this Hurricane being high.

If you have not yet moved from tarps and rakes to a truck loader of some type nor are you able to see this set up as being well worth the $$$ invested even just for a few weeks out of the season, than just filp the page and wait a few years.

When I added the Salsco 27HP trailered truck loader I saw a 60% reduction in labor on jobs we had done the previous two seasons. I do not care what your margin is, if you can not see the bennifit from 60% reduction in labor alone you need not ever think about buying more trucks or adding more people. Stick with the one man show and keep telling yourself how much money you are making.

Lets also talk about the amount of debris a truck loader is able to get into one truck that use to take three trucks, how about the saving on dump charges and less trip to the dump meaning fuel savings and equipment that remains on site working. Furthermore, I was so surprised about how it worked for fall clean up we now use this set up for Spring Clean ups too with an overall savings of 45% in the first 4-6 week of spring.

I worked for a guy that had the idea that every piece of equipment had to be out weighted by the number of labors he could pay for with the same dollars. How many of you are thinking but not will to say it out loud, "$11,000 can pay for alot of M@#@ICANS" Hey fools it only pays for the labor ONE TIME. What about after you spent the $11,000 on labor and you still have more work to do for years to come?? Does your labor force just work for free???? Or do you just not have the confidence in yourself to think you will last morea than a season or two so why take the chance on putting $$$$ into something you will just have to sell for a lost when your business fails?? I only worked for that guy 2 seasons and needless to say now I own a company that is doing well over 8 times the amount of work the other guy was doing and something tells me I am doing ok for myself. This is the saem guy who told me only doing commercial maintenance would never work out, "YOU HAVE TO SERVICE HOUSES TO MAKE THE REAL $$$$" How is that working out for all you guys only doing residential work when 3/5 out of 10 home owner are in foreclousure? I am sure you are getting paid every week.

Now, lets talk about the fact that when I asked the dealer about this unit the first thing he said was, "Yeah, and it is like $11,000.00 who is going to pay that much for a blower". (now the key here is I saw the unit and I asked about it) That was the first and only time I thought "Well that seems alittle high" Once I asked about a demo and some more info on the unit I later learned it is also a leaf vac. Now I am thinking, $$$$$$$ to my bottom line and the cost of the unit became totally secondary. When you grow your company to a size where your weekly payroll is running $6K plus a week, (JUST PAYROLL) you spend evey waking hour thinking "HOW CAN I DO MORE FOR LESS".

I am set up for a demo next week. I will take pictures as it seems all the big mouths that tell about all the great equipmenet they have that works great for less can not afford a digital camera to show us what exactly they are doing that is so great, or they are affrid we might figure out their method and steal it.

I will give a honest review to what I think of the unit based on using big blowers, mowers and a truck loader, (which I will also put up some pictures of our current set up).

Chris,

I hope you are not going to be like the Blizzard Plow folks or thos epeople who marketed the Buzzbox Spreader and make production very limited or closing the doors, causing those of us willing to invest in your product to wait forever for a uinit to be delivered.

With that in mind can to tell us how many unit do you have in your current inventory ready for delivery??? I can assure you that if all that I think of what this Hurricane blowvac proves itself out I will be ready to invest NOW.

I would not want to hear, "Well, you can have a new unit for next season. Please reassure me that will not be the case. Nor do I want to hear about how they are being built in your garage and you can only build so many a week, (WRIGHT STANDER CO). That is when I am going to hop right on the band wagon and demand some serious justification for pricing and why would you have me waste my time to demo something I can not buy today. I hope you are as proffessional as the appearance of your product.

Best, Ron G.

ron g your a smart dude. i was thinking the same thing. it is an investment.

when i bought my enclosed trailer in my small town, everyone thought i was smoking crack. i dont need to tell you the benefits of enclosed you have 3.

i would like to hear your review for the hurricane. i talked to chris, seems like a nice guy. let me know how it is.

thanks in advance, rich.

Chris@hurricaneblovac
10-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Chris,

Best, Ron G.

ron g your a smart dude. i was thinking the same thing. it is an investment.

when i bought my enclosed trailer in my small town, everyone thought i was smoking crack. i dont need to tell you the benefits of enclosed you have 3.

i would like to hear your review for the hurricane. i talked to chris, seems like a nice guy. let me know how it is.

thanks in advance, rich.

Ron G

Your concerns about our production of these units is well thought out, but please rest assured there are enough of these units at the distributors alone to cover your orders, because it sounds like you may invest in more than one.
And we do not work out of a garage or polebarn.

I agree with Rich in that you seem like a very smart business man. Only a select few of the LCO's out there have seen the benefits of owning a Hurricane Blovac as you. I look forward to your intensive review of our product and hope others will then be able to see as you have.

Thanks Rich, I try to be a nice guy, honest and sometimes blunt to the point.
I must have seen you at GIE+EXPO but do not remember due to the large amount of people that I talked to and
demo'ed the machine for.

Thanks to all who stopped by and seen the machine at GIE+EXPO.

Chris

ExecutiveLawns
10-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey I stopped by the booth inside at the Expo and all I have to say is it is A++ product. I cant see anything on it that was over looked or should have been better built. I will be purchasing one this next year, would have bought one for this year but we are already well into our clean ups. For all of those who say its priced too high, you get what you pay for and there is alot of R&D time in this unit. Quite frankly if you think this piece of equipment is TOO EXPENSIVE then you are probable the same guy that actually sits or walks behind a mower 5 days a week. Get off the mower re-organize the way your business runs and get out there and make more sales. I can easily see my company pulling another $2-4K a week on clean ups with this machine utilizing the same full time employees and equipment i already have and me just upselling those customers we already have.

GREAT MACHINE

Lawnshow
10-28-2008, 01:14 AM
I can vouch that Hurricane does not operate out of a pole barn or house garage. I have seen their facilites and they have their walls lined with pallet racking of hydro pumps, engines, blower housings, ect. The assembly area is neat and clean and it appeared that they could put 30 units together from the iron I saw laying around. This was just from the main assembly area. The staff was very informative about their product and the best part I liked of all, "Confident." I know that these guys are in it for the long haul or I would not have shelled out the bucks for two units over two years.

Furthermore, dealing with Hurricane has been a very positive expierence for our company. As I had posted earlier in this thread, these guys are no joke. With in the past two weeks or so, we had a caster wobbling at high speeds on the front end. I contacted Rick and he came to my facility and changed out the casters (both) with no questions asked. I was very pleased with the support!

In past posts, someone asked me to post pics of my operation. I will try and get some soon.

Jim

coolluv
10-28-2008, 07:15 AM
I have a couple of questions for you guys. If like you say it reduces the amount of employees needed to do the same amount of cleanups, what do you do with your employees? What I mean is, if you have 10 guys working for you during the summer, and you have those same 10 guys working for you during you fall cleanups. But now you purchase the Hurricane blower and reduce your work force by 50%, now you have 5 guys working for you and you are getting the same amount of work completed thanks to your purchase of the Hurricane.

What do you do with the other 5 guys? Do you lay them off and tell them you will hire them back in the spring? How do you pick which ones get to stay and which ones get the boot. Flip a coin? Pull names out of a hat? What is the advantage of the Hurricane being a Vac? Do you blow all of the leaves to the truck and then change it to a Vac, and then blow them into the truck?

Would that not waste time? I mean if your operation is now using a truck loader and blowers, you are blowing them to the truck and sucking them up and loading them at the same time. Why would you blow them all to the truck and then suck them up? I would think it would waste more time that way.

The Hurricane can only do one thing at a time right. Its either sucking or blowing. Not only that but would it not be more financially prudent to use your existing equipment? What I mean is, if you are using a piece of equipment that you already own, like your Z, you are getting more use out of something that you already own and extending its usability.

With the purchase of a mount for a blower to be attached to your Z, you are getting the same result as the Hurricane with out the purchase of another machine that needs to be maintained, fixed, stored etc. How much more productive can a Hurricane be compared to a 13hp or 18 hp blower mounted to a Z. Like I said before, If you own push blowers, and you own Zs, and you own a leaf loader, why not mount them to your Zs and save $12,000. Your saving money and your getting more use out of what you already own, which to me seems like a better business decision.

Look, I have nothing against Hurricane, but I just don't see the advantage to owning one. You already own everything you need to do the same job, why buy another mouth to feed? Please explain the advantages to me.

Dave...

Prosno
10-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Personally I've looked at the pics, read the specs and watched the video, I will tell you come spring I am getting one of these units.
It will eliminate the vac hanging off my plow rig, stupid pipe going to box blocking my vision, and most of all if we get a surprise storm I'm not going nuts ripping it off the truck just to put it back on a few days later. With just that combined with the leaf blowing end of it I can see the unit paying for itself very quickly.

coolluv
10-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Personally I've looked at the pics, read the specs and watched the video, I will tell you come spring I am getting one of these units.
It will eliminate the vac hanging off my plow rig, stupid pipe going to box blocking my vision, and most of all if we get a surprise storm I'm not going nuts ripping it off the truck just to put it back on a few days later. With just that combined with the leaf blowing end of it I can see the unit paying for itself very quickly.

You could buy a used pickup and plow for $12,000.

Dave...

ExecutiveLawns
10-28-2008, 11:32 AM
When i purchase this unit it will go out with a 3 man crew(one to ride and the other 2 will blow out beds and misc.) then i will send out another 2 man crew behind with the leaf loader set up that we already have. the hurricane would be used on our larger properties .5-14 acre. still running the same amount of guys just splitting the up to be even more productive.

BMFD92
10-28-2008, 01:26 PM
are there any dealers in the NY tristate area with them for demo?

4evergreenlawns
10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
You could buy a used pickup and plow for $12,000.

Dave...

Dave,

A smart guy like you has all the answers but yet you are asking questions. I do not get it!!

What will I do with the other 5 guys and trucks now available, HHMM, I don't know, maybe DO MORE WORK, BOOK MORE JOBS, UPSELL OTHER CLIENTS.

It is not just about reducing the labor BUT also reducing the over all amout of time it takes to get the work done. By decreasing the labor you reduce the window so you can wait later in the season and get the same clean ups done in a shorter time.

Why not mount it to a Z, have you tried this??? Have you even seen it in person??? Let me ask you, when you are doing fall clean ups what kind of turf conditions are you working in, what are the leaves like? Do you think tracking all over the wet turf with your Z to blow the leaves and then returning to do a final cut and catch will not leave ruts or cause turf damage??? OHHHH, thats right you forget I also paid the up charge for the collection system on all 3 of my toro units and every mower I own has a catcher.

How well does that push blower working on wet heavy leaves??? Not too good in my encounters and when you have booked a job for 5 manhours and due to weather conditions it turns into a 10 manhour job what does your profit on that job look like?? Now mulitple that times 5 maybe 3-5 days out of the fall season. How much money would you have invested to have a unit with double the power and quicker??

The leaf loader I own is a trailered unit. That mean I have to tow it bhind a truck. With a unit I can fit in the trailer to do two things I can tow more equipment to do more work with the same truck.

What Size properties are you maintaining? I never said this would replace any of my blowers. I see this as a unit that will blow most of the leaves into large piles. Than I will convert it to a vac and start collecting the piles. While other guys are doing final blow down and a cut and catch of the site bringing those clipping to the vac.

Again, I am not sure of the size of your operation (you have told us nothing about your experience level, business set up, or available equipment) but maybe if you can not see the bennifit of this type of labor reducer, space saver, two in one type of equipement. However, if the day does come where you find yourself in need of streching your labor force you will be exploring all option with less focus on price and more focus on production.

In close, I guess the best way I can explain it would be, go out and cut grass all day with a walk behind mower lets say 48". Track your time and think about how you feel at the end of the day.

Now the following week go back out cut that same jobs with a standing ride on mower lets say 48".

Tell me at the end of the two days how much time did you spend with the walk behind and how did you feel at the end of the day compared to the day you use the standing ride on.

Then ask yourself If I could pay double the price and do double the work with half the effort does that make good business sense??

I know the answer as I already conducted this experiment personally, now you try it.

Ron G.

DuallyVette
10-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Well said, Ron G. I'll bet Coolluv can come up with some negatives for apple pie, and the girl next door.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-28-2008, 11:16 PM
14 pages and 1 pic of the blower :confused: kinda bummed

DuallyVette
10-29-2008, 12:10 AM
14 pages and 1 pic of the blower :confused: kinda bummed

Check out Hurricanes website. Just click on the BloVac on your left

syzer
10-29-2008, 12:34 AM
I want to see some action shots of some of your guys using this monster!

juspayme
10-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Story time,

I rembember back in the mid 1990s. I was mowing with 2 toro 44 walkers. 2 guys mowing, obviously me weed wacking. Thinking that man this is awsome how much work I can get done vs. with my bunk White tractor that broke down every other hour. You lcos from the 1990s obviously can relate. Just about everyone had those 44 or 52 toros with those tin decks that caught on the edge of the trailer gate.

I could also remember back then that the Exmark 60 zero turns were going for like 6 grand. I could rememember that a couple of the bigger landscaprers had zero turns. I could also remember that man those puppys were fast too. Wow. But the toro walkers were only about 2500 bucks. Ballpark prices or coarse, and I could not justify spending 6 grand on a zero turn when i could get 2 walkers for 5 grand. How much more efficent would a zero turn be? Really? These guys are nuts spending that kind of money!Ii could buy 2 toro walkers and still save a grand.

Well folks, we all know how that turned out. Just about all full time lcos have zero turns. They cut time down so fast, its disgusting. When i bought my first Exmark 25, 60, ultra cut of coarse, I trimmed off one full time employee. And, talk about savings. Less payroll, for starters. no call offs ,no crying about working in hot weather, workers comp went down, i could go on.

Plus, I looked forward to going to work. I think that was one of the reasons my ex girlfriend and I broke up, I loved my lawn mower more than her. And to this day, I look at a condo complex I mow and still am amazed how that deck on my machine has covered every inch of grass in that complex.

Right now alot of lcos think that the little wonders or giant vacs are the top machine in leaf removal. Jees even fraden has a self-propelled leaf blower. How much better could this hurricane that this Chris guy wants to charge 12grand for be?
Its kinda like how i thought, and most of us thought the walk behinds were the top machine years ago. But how bout if the hurricane IS like a zero turn mower. i dont know i havent demoed one yet.

If the hurrincane does what Chris says it does then the hurricane is an obvious investment. Some people look at it as a cost. It is not a cost. A cost is something that a business spends to run a business. tires, brakes, gasoline, gloves, etc.

An investment, is the idea( idea being the key word), in rewarding the business or saving a business money. Such as labor (money), and time. The two biggest things a business will manage is time and money. Because once there both gone there gone. Think about it. Think about all the time you wasted on something or all the money you wasted on something. There both gone now.

But an investment is long lasting, like the hurricane blower. Given that an lco will use this machine on a limited basis, 4 to 6 weeks in the fall. Maybe a few hours in the summer blowing down a big parking lot or 2, and an lco would probably get 15 years out of a machine easily.Thats less than 1000 bucks per year.

Chris I will demo one sometime reall soon I live in pa. I talked to you on the phone a few weeks back by the way not at the gie show. I hope you get a dealer around the Pittsburgh area. If you need and extra salesman, let me know lol. I was talking with my powerequipment dealer said he thinks your machine is too high but did he did not demo one.

I told him they wern"t that high, by golly i could sell 50 a season. He lauged. And I did too.

But while i was laughing i was thinking of all the golf coarses I could go to . Lcos close to me in pittsburgh that would drop 12 grand on the floor like they were buying a candy bar.
By the time I was done laughing I had 11 people in mind I could demo to.

So who knows, someday Toro might be buying out Chris like they bought out exmark. Good luck to ya,

coolluv
10-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Why not mount it to a Z, have you tried this??? Have you even seen it in person???

This is what I was referring too Ron.

Dave...

coolluv
10-29-2008, 07:29 AM
What Size properties are you maintaining? I never said this would replace any of my blowers. I see this as a unit that will blow most of the leaves into large piles. Than I will convert it to a vac and start collecting the piles. While other guys are doing final blow down and a cut and catch of the site bringing those clipping to the vac.

I take it by your statement that you are driving your truck up to the piles that you create with the Hurricane and loading them up. Your doing large Parks and large Commercial properties,where the Hurricane might benefit you. But most guys are doing residential and commercial properties where the Hurricane just does not make sense. You can't drive a dump truck on all over lawns to pick up piles of leaves created by the Hurricane.

Dave...

coolluv
10-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Do you think tracking all over the wet turf with your Z to blow the leaves and then returning to do a final cut and catch will not leave ruts or cause turf damage??? OHHHH, thats right you forget I also paid the up charge for the collection system on all 3 of my toro units and every mower I own has a catcher.

So running all over the lawn with Zs with collection systems doesn't rut the lawn and leave turf damage?

Are those hover mowers?

Dave...

coolluv
10-29-2008, 07:42 AM
The leaf loader I own is a trailered unit. That mean I have to tow it bhind a truck. With a unit I can fit in the trailer to do two things I can tow more equipment to do more work with the same truck.

A smart guy like you didn't think that maybe you could mount that to the front of the dump truck?

Dave...

coolluv
10-29-2008, 08:00 AM
OHHHH, thats right you forget I also paid the up charge for the collection system on all 3 of my toro units and every mower I own has a catcher.

I know having the right tools for the job saves money and time. I'm not saying that purchasing equipment that is going to reduce the amount of time it takes is a bad thing. I want to purchase any thing that is going to save me time and money, who doesn't? If the Hurricane works for your individual operation, great.

I just don't see the benefits for most operations. A blower mounted to a Z, or a leaf plow, for most 1/2 acre and 1 acre lots is plenty. I know that conditions and businesses differ around the country. Some are servicing large estates and large Commercial properties. But most are just servicing average size lawns and average size commercial properties. Your situation is somewhat unique.

If it works for your operation great. Have fun. I didn't come on here to argue with you and attack you. You act like you have a financial interest in the company. I could care less. Some of you guys act like this thing is going to revolutionize the industry, I just want to know how.

Dave...

4evergreenlawns
10-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Dave,

Good luck in all you do. You clearly have a tight grasp on how this industry works.

Best, Ron G.

ACT
10-29-2008, 10:25 AM
The Hurricane BloVac is also a helluva truckloader so consider that in the Price

coolluv
10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Dave,

Good luck in all you do. You clearly have a tight grasp on how this industry works.

Best, Ron G.

You obviously are a smart guy and run a very successful business, and I did not want to argue with you. I don't claim to know everything. You have more experience than I do obviously. I'm not a negative person and I wish you well. What works for you may not work for others. The market will determine whether or not Hurricane will be successful. We will see in the coming years if they will still be around. I personally don't care either way. I wish them well.

I'm just the type that likes to analyze things and play devils advocate. I agree with you on equipment earning its keep and justifying its purchase. It must make sense. It must add value. It must save time. I'm not closed minded. In fact I consider myself open to everyones thoughts and opinions. That is how your learn.

I'm not trying to make enemies with you or anyone else. Its just my nature to analyze and question things.

I do sincerely wish you well and value your and others opinions.

Dave...*trucewhiteflag*

mowerbrad
11-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Chris,

I was over at True-cuts in Norton Shores talking to Joel about buying his smaller truck loader. While I was there I noticed they had a couple of the hurricane blowers, and I think one of them was the blue one. I remembered you saying to me that there was a company around here that bought the prototype blue one. I asked him how he liked them and his guys that were standing around all had something to say about them. They said they wouldn't do a clean-up job without one. They absolutely loved them! Since they had the blue one I figured Joel must have been the person who bought the prototype one. Just thought I would share.

-Brad

Chris@hurricaneblovac
11-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Chris,

I was over at True-cuts in Norton Shores talking to Joel about buying his smaller truck loader. While I was there I noticed they had a couple of the hurricane blowers, and I think one of them was the blue one. I remembered you saying to me that there was a company around here that bought the prototype blue one. I asked him how he liked them and his guys that were standing around all had something to say about them. They said they wouldn't do a clean-up job without one. They absolutely loved them! Since they had the blue one I figured Joel must have been the person who bought the prototype one. Just thought I would share.

-Brad

Brad

That is correct, they are the LCO's that bought the first Hurricane Blovac. Its actually Brian, Joels partner, who bought the blue prototype. In fact, he even picked the color. Last spring they bought their second Hurricane Blovac. When asked why they bought two, Brian told us that it only made good economic sense to buy another. They were saving money and making even more with the amount of properties that could be done in a day verses before. And, because of the speed and amount of leaves brought to the curb by the Hurricanes, they invested in a very large truck loader to keep up. Thats right, they use the Hurricanes for blow mode only.
Joel was the operator during testing and pictured on the blue machine.

Our thanks to Brian and Joel for believing in our product before it was even built.

Chris

mowerbrad
11-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Brad

That is correct, they are the LCO's that bought the first Hurricane Blovac. Its actually Brian, Joels partner, who bought the blue prototype. In fact, he even picked the color. Last spring they bought their second Hurricane Blovac. When asked why they bought two, Brian told us that it only made good economic sense to buy another. They were saving money and making even more with the amount of properties that could be done in a day verses before. And, because of the speed and amount of leaves brought to the curb by the Hurricanes, they invested in a very large truck loader to keep up. Thats right, they use the Hurricanes for blow mode only.
Joel was the operator during testing and pictured on the blue machine.

Our thanks to Brian and Joel for believing in our product before it was even built.

Chris

Chris,

Since they bought a larger leaf loader they no longer need their smaller one so I am buying that one as soon as they get the starter issue worked out. I think they might be calling you to assist them in getting that issue worked out. But they couldn't say enough good things about the hurricane blower. One employee said he would never do a clean-up without one.

-Brad

4evergreenlawns
11-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Chris,

I am going to start a new thread with all the pics I took during my one day 4.2 hours of run time on the Hurricane.

I look forward to your reply to my honest feedback.

Best, Ron G

Chris@hurricaneblovac
11-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Video clips are now online at our site!

The site is slow and the videos are large so it takes a while to view them.
I should have the speed issue figured out in a day or two.

Chris

Grasshoppers410
11-20-2008, 01:11 AM
I agree with Robtown, a leaf basket to push piles of leaves once they are collected. I often lower the deck on my exmark to the bottom and drive into a pile of leaves and push them to the truck or into the street where the city collects them. Unfortunately somthing like that would probably not fit into a trailer well, but I find I don't use 2 of my walkbehind mowers during leaf clean-up (those guys are on backpacks), so i could leave 2 mowers at the shop anyway.