PDA

View Full Version : echo srm 210

Lakewlc
09-11-2008, 09:37 PM
i think i asked this question before but i cant find the thread. i think im going to go buy this trimmer this weekend for $220. anything i should know? thanks

tamadrummer
09-11-2008, 09:41 PM
It is the weakest "commercial" trimmer Echo sells.

Don't buy it from Home Depot!!! Buy it from a dealer and pay the same amount but get service.

Go bigger for a few bucks more and don't look back!

johnslandscaping
09-11-2008, 09:48 PM
here where i live home depot they sell for 219. and my dealer sells for 199. But i would step up to the srm-230 for 269.00 much better trimmer i used to buy the 210 but got tired of grease on my arm from the oil seal getting old.

Lakewlc
09-11-2008, 09:56 PM
yea i saw it at home depot but i would never buy it from there there my dealer can get it for the same price. we dont use it a ton so im stil debating the next step up to the 260

tallimeca
09-11-2008, 11:51 PM
home depot appears to have raised their prices on echo products above what the local dealers are carrying it for.

Even more reason to ask why the hell would you buy any power equipment from a place like that.......

I mean, to save a buck is one thing but when the dealerships are carrying it for less...

johnslandscaping
09-12-2008, 03:03 PM
srm-260 will last alot longer and is much better, also most dealers will repair if any problems happen. home depot will most likely tell you to send it back to echo for repair.

Lakewlc
09-12-2008, 03:08 PM
another question. the head on my trimmer now i bought at home depot. you put 2 peices of string in and 4 pop out. i like it alot. can i take it off the old one and put it on the new one?

lawnwizards
09-12-2008, 03:11 PM
i wouldnt waste my time buying from a dealer. if you cant work on a little two cycle then you dont belong in this business. by the time you take it to the dealer and have them work on it, you could have bought a new one. i think the 210's are great and i get all of mine at the home depot because dealers suck.

lawnwizards
09-12-2008, 03:12 PM
another question. the head on my trimmer now i bought at home depot. you put 2 peices of string in and 4 pop out. i like it alot. can i take it off the old one and put it on the new one?

if its echo you should be able to.

johnslandscaping
09-12-2008, 03:13 PM
if that trimmer you have now is an echo yes it would work if other brand not sure

johnslandscaping
09-12-2008, 03:15 PM
ok you are right about working on a 2 cycle but if it is under warrenty why fix it yourself?

johnslandscaping
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
also why would you not buy from dealer if it is cheaper?

TNT LawnCare Inc.
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
i wouldnt waste my time buying from a dealer. if you cant work on a little two cycle then you dont belong in this business. by the time you take it to the dealer and have them work on it, you could have bought a new one. i think the 210's are great and i get all of mine at the home depot because dealers suck.

Just a question ,how are these trimmers holding up ? assuming you guys are using the crap out of them everyday,all day long year around. In comparison to Stihl and Shindaiwa.

lawns Etc
09-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I have put hundreds of hours on the 210s and never had an issue they have plenty of power I recently bought a 260s and am not sverly impressed vs the 210 you just have to take a littlie longer on overgrown stuff with the 210 thats all I have had 0 issues with 6 210 models for 4 years now used daily. I just unloaded all my Tanaka stuff because after 1 year they were down more than they were running.

lawnwizards
09-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Just a question ,how are these trimmers holding up ? assuming you guys are using the crap out of them everyday,all day long year around. In comparison to Stihl and Shindaiwa.

i have 1 210 thats going on 5 years and one that just crapped out after 6. i bought a 230 last year that got stolen and i bought another one this year just for the heavier brush trimming. the older they get, the harder they are to start. usually takes a 4-5 pulls. other than that, they run way better then they look. :laugh:

TNT LawnCare Inc.
09-12-2008, 03:29 PM
I have put hundreds of hours on the 210s and never had an issue they have plenty of power I recently bought a 260s and am not sverly impressed vs the 210 you just have to take a littlie longer on overgrown stuff with the 210 thats all I have had 0 issues with 6 210 models for 4 years now used daily. I just unloaded all my Tanaka stuff because after 1 year they were down more than they were running.

I may pick one up and give it a try. My shindaiwa's have been in the shop quite a few times this year.

Runner
09-12-2008, 03:31 PM
The 210s are an excellent unit, and I have recommended them to several of my customers when asked what trimmer they should buy. Many of them have commented on them afterwards. Just the other day, one of my long term customers came over to do some electrical work for me, and mentioned his. He told he was glad that I "talked him into buying that unit". He commented on how easy it is to start. They run real smooth, as well. Myself, I run the 2400s, and am pleased with the power they have. These trimmers have lasted us several years. At the time I bought them, they were the highest power to weight ratio available on the market.

johnslandscaping
09-12-2008, 03:37 PM
I get years out of echo srm-260's I used the 210's for a long time just as said a little under powered for high stuff. I like both and either one never let me down.

Lakewlc
09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
this was a after market one bought at home depot. what i have now is a homelite but the head isnt a homelite

ed2hess
09-12-2008, 04:28 PM
ok you are right about working on a 2 cycle but if it is under warrenty why fix it yourself?

Here is the reason why......very very little is covered under warranty. I took a brand new 265echo in to have the white plastic plugs over the carb adjusting screws removed. I had them write on the ticked that I had changed the plug, all the filters. This unit was in the field less than 90 days. When I went into pick it up the bill was $75. Now echo says that they will specifically pay to have the unit adjusted at at the 90 day point and that would mean they would have to remove those plugs. I have a pretty good repoor with the owners so I ended up not paying. And worse yet they put some dirty parts in the bag to show that indeed they needed to replace the filters, plugs ets. When i seen that I can unhinged......still like the dealer a lot but this tells you never never take in a blower/trimmer to have it repaired period.

johnslandscaping
09-12-2008, 04:41 PM
WOW!!!! That would suck. I never had a problem with my dealer. If I buy something and have it less than 90 days they always repair free or give me new equipment. I used to use another dealer and they would try that BS so they lost my business and alot of others now they are out of business.

johnslandscaping
09-12-2008, 04:48 PM
after warrenty has expired always fix yourself or buy new equipment keep old equipment as parts. Then when something breaks you have it on hand. enough stuff breaks repair and use as back up equipment.