PDA

View Full Version : what do i have to do?

mikey
02-01-2002, 09:10 PM
hi
starting out this spring ...what do i have to do to become a ligitamate company?Shoulld i get a tax id# or a DBA #..also
im gonna be a solo op. Should i go INC?orCO. or both?
also what do i neeed for insurance?HElp~!!!!

go pats!!!!

Pauls Mowing
02-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Try a search of each topic you listed, you can spend hours reading all of them.

Paul

LawnLad
02-03-2002, 03:31 PM
Try www.entreworld.org - search for start up information and other business develoment stuff.

Also try www.score.org - Service Core of Retired Executives. They offer counsel to small businesses.

Look for something in MA or Boston directly that provides start up business information. In Cleveland, the Greater Cleveland Growth Association has a group called COSE (Counsel of Smaller Enterprises) that is dedicated to small business development. 16,000 members plus and growing. It's a great organization. There may be something similar in your area that will provide you with some counseling at no cost to you.

You might also try contacting the business departments of various colleges around you that have entreprenuership programs. I know the SBA (Small Business Administration) provides funding/grants to schools to work with small business start ups - or atleast they used to. You may be able to get free advice/counsel from business students and their instructors who can help you through some of your questions.