PDA

View Full Version : Can i fit a 60"-61" mower on a 5 1/2ft wide Trailer???

DillonsLawnCare
09-11-2008, 11:06 PM
can i fit a 60" or a 61" on a 5.5x10 Trailer??

i did some math, i may have done it wrong but here it is...

12"= 1ft

so 12 x 5.5= 66"

a 61" would probably be around 63-64" deck and all...

Did i do it right? will it fit?

Thanks

MJB
09-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Should not be a problem just put the discharge shoot up out of the way. My Exmark is only about 1" over the listed 60" deck size, same with all my mowers.

CALandscapes
09-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Put a tape measurer on it.

DillonsLawnCare
09-12-2008, 08:01 AM
will do. thanks for the replies!!!

Lbilawncare
09-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Check your weight rating on your trailer too. Most manufacturers list the actual machine width on their literature and websites. Is the Toro you have going bye bye ?

IndyChad
09-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Your a lawnsite senior member and you ask this kind of question? This site gets more and more ridiculous everyday. I hope the 800+post that you have weren't giving advice as a senior member. :confused: Good math skills though.

J.A.G LAWNCARE
09-12-2008, 11:12 AM
no **** you cant think of measuring your mower on your own...............................

MJB
09-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Dillon is young and has asked a lot questions to learn the business. I don't think the last 2 posts are even necessary.

J.A.G LAWNCARE
09-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Dillon is young and has asked a lot questions to learn the business. I don't think the last 2 posts are even necessary.

are you going 2 walk around and mow with him , he needs 2 do some thinking on his own ........... that was not a hard thing for a younger business owner 2 know ........................he needs to do some thinking on his own........:hammerhead:

MJB
09-12-2008, 12:10 PM
are you going 2 walk around and mow with him , he needs 2 do some thinking on his own ........... that was not a hard thing for a younger business owner 2 know ........................he needs to do some thinking on his own........:hammerhead:

Did you know it all at 17 just starting to drive and running your own business?
By todays standards most kids are playing video games and don't even want to hear that bad word work. So I say give him a break he's learning .

Eakern & Dog
09-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Dillon,

Look up the width of your mower( chute up) on the spec sheet provided with your owner manual or at the company website and then measure the width of the trailer.

Tyler7692
09-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah, normally I try not to sound rash, but a first grader could have easily solved this one.

J.A.G LAWNCARE
09-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Did you know it all at 17 just starting to drive and running your own business?
By todays standards most kids are playing video games and don't even want to hear that bad word work. So I say give him a break he's learning .

you dont think he sould know how to do that give me a break.........
he is 17 not 5

Collegepro
09-12-2008, 04:33 PM
maybe hes spending all of his time writing all his threads on the internet instead of measuring

dura to the max
09-12-2008, 04:48 PM
maybe hes spending all of his time writing all his threads on the internet instead of measuring

1st off, he is young and does not own (to my knowledge) this large of a mower. so in that case posting to check w/ "professionals" (thats in quotes b/c ya'll are acting like a bunch of babies over this) to see how wide a 60-61" mower actually is is a valid post. he doesnt have the 60" mower sitting in the drive to put a tape on:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:. he also posted this later in the evening, i know that at 10pm i dont want to go out and measure my mower/trailer by flashlight.

All_Toro_4ME
09-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Give the kid a break.... geez. There's a lot of harsh people on this site.

KS_Grasscutter
09-12-2008, 06:02 PM
So I guess the Toro is leaving? What are you replacing it? I'd probably go 227/61 Grasshopper if you are wanting a 61". I LOVE my new 223/52"!

DillonsLawnCare
09-12-2008, 11:10 PM
ok first of all, i got a refund on my toro ZTR. ive got $3k to spend.

i DONT own a 60" mower.

i was looking at the 60" turf tracers, but my only concern is that it wouldn't fit on my 5ft trailer.

got up this morning and measured 63" of width on the trailer. im NOT an idiot..

i know the deck usually runs about 1.7" over the cutting width...so i'm kinda pushing it.

And last but most definately not least, I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT ANY OF YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!!

Its just a ******* question. i had a brain fart.

but, thanks for all who are on my team. im only 15, i cant drive by myself. im not a stupid kid that all of you stereotypical people think i am.

topsites
09-12-2008, 11:13 PM
I do admit the question gave me the giggles
but considering my own moments of utter genius
I think we should give the man a break for asking.

dura to the max
09-12-2008, 11:52 PM

i DONT own a 60" mower.

i was looking at the 60" turf tracers, but my only concern is that it wouldn't fit on my 5ft trailer.

i know the deck usually runs about 1.7" over the cutting width...so i'm kinda pushing it.

And last but most definately not least, I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT ANY OF YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!!

but, thanks for all who are on my team. im only 15, i cant drive by myself. im not a stupid kid that all of you stereotypical people think i am.

just as i said....

i would stay away from a 60" w/b. never used one but the seem so big and front heavy that they would be tough to lift the front to avoid scalping...my 52" w/b was really pushing it in my opinion. i would think that a 52" z would cut about if not more grass per hour than a 60" tthp. just my $00.02.

KS_Grasscutter
09-13-2008, 02:27 AM
They only gave you $3,000 for it? Isn't that less than half what you paid for it?

ZTRMaster
09-13-2008, 02:50 AM
My question is: why...nay, how...is a 15 year old going to have the cash to buy a mower of this caliber? I mean ****...when I was 15 I would have had to struggle to buy a push mower from Home Depot. I mean no offense kid but aren't you getting a bit big for your britches here? I don't have a problem with his question at all, though. It was kind of obvious that he didn't have the mower and was asking if it would fit, since he didn't have it to measure, or to look at, blah blah. You know?

That brings up another semi-related question, however. Why is this forum so active during the week at 12-4PM?? I mean...there are a lot of people that post in this time slot and...unless they're coming home for lunch to write up stuff on here...they're not at work! I mean I don't know how everybody runs their business but...if it's not raining and there's work to do (which there is this time of year), my ass is out there working. I would assume that most people are the same way. If I've got the wrong idea, please, enlighten me.

Collegepro
09-13-2008, 06:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing...it has been raining here for 4 days now with a few breaks with just drizzle...my shop and mowers have never looked so good....tired of losing money from this rain...But yes does seem like a lot of people get on here and talk when they should or could be working...i like to come on here and see all of the poeple talk trash and see all the dumb threads makes me giggle...
Hey im only 22 and a full time college student making a respectful $70k a year...yippie for me...someone give me a cookie:drinkup:

Green Team Landscaping
09-13-2008, 06:52 PM

i DONT own a 60" mower.

Are you getting a good deal on this 60"? I mean if you are buying new than maybe it would be better to get a 48" or 52"? I dont know your situation, but if you were buying new then maybe 1 52 would suit you better. 8" isn't that big of a difference IMO.