PDA

View Full Version : Emark has Jacked up Navigator $$

nosparkplugs
09-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Friend of mine just purchased a Walker MT23 48GHS 9.5hopper Power lift Dump, low profile wide tires today. For less than a basic Exmark Navigator. So now that the Navigators are more expensive than a Walker, whats the point of them in the market

Petr51488
09-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Its for the people who like the exmark brand and aren't willing to try out a new brand like walker. For some people its better to stick with the brand you know and trust, then to start fresh with a different brand.

tedfrk
09-11-2008, 11:45 PM
walker is no where near a new brand.

mississippiturf
09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
People are willing to spend a few extra bucks if it means sticking with a brand they trust or a reputable dealer in their area. Walkers are not as popular in this market area as opposed to Exmark, Scag, and Ferris brand names.

pclawncare
09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
O no its about to hit the fan tallimeca will be all over this post brace your selves.

Josh.S
09-11-2008, 11:59 PM

Some people, like me, have an exmark dealer down the road and no walker dealers within a 2 hour drive....

dishboy
09-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Exmarks cost more because the charge by the pound!:drinkup:

Hawg City Lawns
09-12-2008, 12:41 AM
wow ive never seen an exmark navigator around here all people use is grasshoppers or a walker

tallimeca
09-12-2008, 12:49 AM
O no its about to hit the fan tallimeca will be all over this post brace your selves.

Good call.

Friend of mine just purchased a Walker MT23 48GHS 9.5hopper Power lift Dump, low profile wide tires today. For less than a basic Exmark Navigator. So now that the Navigators are more expensive than a Walker, whats the point of them in the market

Well, first, the Navigatior has been more expensive then it's comparable walker model since they hit the market, so this is nothing new.........?????? Has been discussed numberous times. Navigator is a heavier, more durable machine. It cost more to build and that's easy to see with the naked eye.

Second, because your friend bought a walker for less then a navigator.......exmark should hault production? I don't understand what you meant of by what's the point of them in the market? If you were alluding to the fact that because it's not a walker it should be cheaper......ask bunton/bobcat and scag what they think. The BZT and Cougars are no longer in production, at least not to my knowledge. Tried to be priced better and the machines suffered. Couldn't compete with the handling, and cut that walker offered. Navigator can and does.

If you want a walker, buy a walker. If you want a navigator, buy a navigator. Both good machines that should make you lots of money and save you lots of time.

If your not sure, that's why god invented demo machines...haha.

Pretty bad when even i'm sick of meaningless posts like this........:dizzy:

pclawncare
09-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Hey tallimeca i knew you would be all over this one lol no offence ment buddy. I think our previous discussions may have provided some people with opinions from opposite sides of the fence and thats what this site is all about. I also do respect your opinion and you have proven your points very well. I agree with you demo both units and pick which one you like best and fits your needs best

zero_turn_mowers
09-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Our Exmark dealer used to carry Walkers, When he stopped being a dealer for Walker all his customers started buying the Exmark Navigator. And theres a Walker dealer just down the road from him. Bottom line comes down to the dealer.

tallimeca
09-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Hey tallimeca i knew you would be all over this one lol no offence ment buddy. I think our previous discussions may have provided some people with opinions from opposite sides of the fence and thats what this site is all about. I also do respect your opinion and you have proven your points very well. I agree with you demo both units and pick which one you like best and fits your needs best

I respect everyone's opinions, just like I would hope everyone respects mine. Opinions vary. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree. If everyone agreed on everything all the time, the world would be a boring place and gas would be cheap!!!!

In all seriousness, the fact is that there's no need to wory about being a guinnea pig with buying a navigator. These machines have been out 4 years now with no major changes in production. Sales are up and they have caught on. Guys that are loyal to Walker and have no reason to buy something else, stay with walker. There nothing wrong with that. But just like anything else, if someone isn't happy with a walker, or a walker dealer, they have options. No different then if someone wasn't happy with a Lazer or their exmark dealer, and went and bought a turf tiger from a scag dealer. Both are good machines.

I can tell you guys that the Exmark dealers are pushing for more options on these machines. Mainly a liquid cooled engine option. Guys are all over the EFI becaue walker has it but to drive the price up about 800 bucks, it's gonna take you a LONG TIME in gas savings between and efi and a carbed motor to hit 800 bucks. This isn't a hard thing for exmark to do by no means. They create a new wiring harness for efi models.......which includes a power wire to the ecu, some wires and a check engine light on the dash. That's it. Everything else is the same. Not like they dont' offer efi engines on the lazers and have for ........8 years or so anyway. We'll see what happens. In this area , the 20 hp option is dead. No one buys a 20, even in a walker. Even the 23 in the walker. Grass is wet in the morning all the time and with the leaves, you need the extra power. Maybe they'll scrap the 20hp model for something else........

Petr51488
09-12-2008, 12:52 PM

I meant new to the individual, not to the industry.

Sammy
09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I meant new to the individual, not to the industry.

We knew what you meant. :)

Sammy
09-12-2008, 02:29 PM
In all seriousness, the fact is that there's no need to wory about being a guinnea pig with buying a navigator. These machines have been out 4 years now with no major changes in production. Sales are up and they have caught on. ........

I have heard that eXmark is going to stop production of the Navigator ?

If sales were way up would this be the case ?

I don't know for sure, just wondering. :)

f150 with bobcat
09-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I hope they dont stop production of the navagator i really want to buy one for next year

BarrFarms
09-12-2008, 06:59 PM
I could buy a MTGHS 23/48 for around $9800 or so, the exmark was over a thousand dollars higher, and it was only a 20/42. Exmark seems to have made this navigator styled after a midmount type mower, I don't want alot of cheap grey plastic beside me, I like my walker's because these boy's use some steel and are the original bagging front mount. I will give exmark a shot in 2 years when I trade but my 09 purchase's will be yellow.

b121774
09-12-2008, 09:34 PM
My new mtghs is like a tank! I can go through a thick wet lawn with no bog and won't clog. Love it! Couldn't imagine exmark making a better machine but am intrigued by the 75% bag/25% mulch and the option to 100% mulch with a kit and no deck change. My old boss just bought a navigator and was bragging about some of the features. One was that it only has 2 belts compared to the walker's 4. Come to find out he broke a belt the other day! I have never broken a belt in my past 2 walker's. Fluke maybe but funny.

nosparkplugs
09-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Do a Search on the Walker VS Navigator read some threads one major defense Tallimeca fell back on, time & time again was how "overpriced" the Walkers are for what you got. Of course we all have brand loyalty; I was just pointing out how expensive the Navigators are here in Memphis $2,500 more than a Walker. For that extra $2500 you can run a second SD deck, not with a Navigator.

dishboy
09-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Do a Search on the Walker VS Navigator read some threads one major defense Tallimeca fell back on, time & time again was how "overpriced" the Walkers are for what you got. Of course we all have brand loyalty; I was just pointing out how expensive the Navigators are here in Memphis $2,500 more than a Walker. For that extra $2500 you can run a second SD deck, not with a Navigator.

Or the KICKASS 42inch mulch deck. Amazing technology!

Sammy
09-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I like my walker's because ......... they(sic) are the original bagging front mount.

I thought Grasshopper was ? Grasshopper started 11 years before Walker.

grassaholic
09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
I thought Grasshopper was ? Grasshopper started 11 years before Walker.
They may have been around 11 years before Walker, but they don't have the compact GHS system that Walker has.

cam971
09-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Just purchased a MTGHS 23/52...the cut is second to none...wet or dry no bog and no clog. My Walker dealer gave me $2000 more for my trade which was a 48" Viking Hydro purchased from what I use to call my Exmark dealer just 3 seasons ago! I won't be back in their dealship again...they lost a loyal customer.

I gained a great new machine...and great dealer support from Walker...the market leader !

ilc79
09-15-2008, 08:44 PM
i run walkers for 14 years and said i would never change , but my walker was in the shop for a few days and my dealer had a demo navigator ,now i will not have a walker the navigator never stops up in wet bermuda grass i sold the walker to a friend and bought the navigator and it has never stopped up and has turned out to be alot better than the walker.

b121774
09-15-2008, 08:48 PM
The new 10.5" is a night and day difference. My older walker's would plug alot my new one NEVER DOES!

b121774
09-15-2008, 08:49 PM
10.5" BLOWER that is

ilc79
09-15-2008, 08:52 PM
what size engine you running.and i think exmark deck is deeper.

b121774
09-15-2008, 09:11 PM
the 23hp mt with a 42" deck

tallimeca
09-16-2008, 12:44 PM
I have heard that eXmark is going to stop production of the Navigator ?
If sales were way up would this be the case ?
I don't know for sure, just wondering.

Haha, have you been shopping at a Walker dealer? Sounds like the things I hear everytime someone is comparing the two. They'll tell you anything I guess. Exmark has talked about discontinuing the FRONT RUNNER, not the NAVIGATOR. There are a couple posts on here about it already.

I could buy a MTGHS 23/48 for around $9800 or so, the exmark was over a thousand dollars higher, and it was only a 20/42. Exmark seems to have made this navigator styled after a midmount type mower, I don't want alot of cheap grey plastic beside me, I like my walker's because these boy's use some steel and are the original bagging front mount. I will give exmark a shot in 2 years when I trade but my 09 purchase's will be yellow.

First, 9800 for that model is an extremely low price right up front compared to walker dealer around here anyway. Most are around 10,400.

Second Right now, the 20/42 navigator has been running between 9500-9800 all year long because of the rebate program the dealer have offered all year, which is bascially, they take 1000 off at point of sale and get credited back from exmark. I wish they would just price the machine there and save the dealers some paperwork.

I'm not sure exactly what CHEAP PLASTIC you are talking about??? The little storage / cup holder??? You mean the one that walker doesn't even have on their machines?

"These boys use some steel...."

Have you seen a navigator? Then you'll see some steel my friend, haha. About 100lbs more of it to be exact.:laugh:

Ummm, the Navigators are no where close to $2500 more than a walker, comparing model for model....... At least not a MT chasis in a walker which would be comparable to a Navigator. Re do your homework on price shopping. Exmark's listed sale price on a 27hp 48" is around $11,900. Walker's listed sale price on a 26efi with a 48" is around $11,500. Then, it's up to the dealers where they want to sell it.

The walkers are overpriced for what they are. Dealers make about 50% more profit on a walker then they would selling you any other Z. Plus they make a killing on parts and repair work. Especially on the EFI engines that the average joe can't fix. Why do you think they push them so much? The 26efi 48 in a walker next to a 27hp 48 navigator will be about even or within about $500 bucks of each other. All depends on the dealers pricing, which they set.

If you can't see a difference between the two machines, then you shouldn't even be arguing in favor of either machine. There's a line in my signature with some photos. See for yourself.

Again, if you want a walker, buy a walker. If they've been good to you and so has the dealer, stick with them. I'm not telling you otherwise.

But don't make up stories for the sake of trying to prove a point when obviously some of you have no idea what you are even talking about. Example: Navigator is being discontinued........ Navigator is $2500 more than a Walker......

Some of you would be better off to stick to cutting grass then wasting your time arguing about the build of a machine and cost because if you aren't in a dealership, knowing what dealers and the manufacturers pay for parts and equipment, then you only know what YOU PAY for it. I mean Walker buys Tecumseh/Peerless gear boxes at wholesale for about 40-50 bucks a piece. They grind/cut off a couple piece of casting to use on their builds and stick them in the dealer at about 150-200 bucks piece.

And there are already posts about this on here, but this now blower they are using with the fan the bolts on to the hub, instead of the old one piece unit.....are bending and wearing out badly and are no where as good as they old units. You get one decent size stick in there that gets between the top of the discharge an a fin of the fan and it bends. Some of you guys should take your head out of the sand because you act like these machines are the holy grail, yet when you show up at any dealer, there's a pile of them out there for service.

I'm in defense of the owners of these machines saying that for the money you are paying for them, there are many aspects of the machine that can be improved for you guys.

The build of the deck (which is the most important part of a lawnmower????) is one of the weakest points on the machine. They fold up and dent like tin cans. Then your blade gets burried in the side of it and HOPEFULLY, the shearpins brake and not the box. But you know, these boys do use some steal............;) They sure do. On the console with 20 screws holding the face on that you need to take apart every time the oil light or check engine light falls apart and you need to put it back together......haha.