PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with a lost account

stevenf
09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
One of my accounts sent me a text message today saying " My new roomates boyfriend owns a lawn care business and he is going to service the yard for free so go ahead and send me the last bill". I then sent her a bill and she said " She will only be here 4-6 months so I will keep your number for when she is gone".
Would you call her and ask if there was anything she wasnt satified with or would you leave it at that? She was a really good customer the last two seasons and never complained about anything. I dont know if it was because she was shy(hence the text message), of if her story is really true....

Big C
09-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Let her go....... she'll be back...I had a simular situation....I don't worry about it.

farmboy52787
09-12-2008, 01:43 AM
yeah let it go, as long as your not desperate move on if they need you they'll call back, they always do. But if you have suspicion you did something wrong then dont do the wrong again and you wont have this happen. Heck I've lost probably 4 of my accounts this year, 3 sold there houses and moved, 1 bought a lawn tractor o well, I keep busy and have totally forgotten about them.

stevenf
09-12-2008, 02:26 AM
I didnt do anything wrong. Just a small thing like I didnt mulch and her neighbor did. Looking at her yard it looked really good, but compared to her neighbor that is mulched with a push mower....
Mabey Im just upset I lost such a good customer.

tradeyouraccounts
09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
There will be more good accounts to come its just the name of the game you win some and loose some. :)

agm
09-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Personally, anytime I get a call, or a letter saying they want service cancelled, I always either call or meet with the customer to see how our service was during the duration that we serviced that property. I have found that alot of customers really liked that I did that!

topsites
09-12-2008, 10:15 PM
1. Don't worry about it.
2. Take them off the active customer list.
3. DO keep their information.

Peace

Kennedy Landscaping
09-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Don't worry to much about it at all and just move on. Another question what the hell kind of customer sends a text?

stevenf
09-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Thats what worrys me that something might have been wrong and she was to shy to tell me.

bscofield07
09-14-2008, 12:49 PM
I have had customers cancel who would not give a GOOD reason as to why. I have learned early on that "its a business" they will come and go, you cannot take business personally. As long as you know you put out a Good svc then that all you can do.

Puddle of Oil
09-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Let her go....... she'll be back

hahaha sound like a love story, "let her go steven.......she'll come back to you" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ericmcj31
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
As stated earlier-who the cancels via text??? That's pretty lame. Sounds like that's not the kind of customer you want anyways!

billslawn89
09-14-2008, 09:44 PM
ya i wouldn't worry about it, like others said, if you think you did something wrong then i would ask, otherwise, move on..i always say lose one, gain two more elsewhere!