PDA

View Full Version : Have you started advertising yet?

DeepGreenLawn
09-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Was wandering if you guys have started advertising just yet? If so, if you do direct mail, what percentage do you go with?

A million dollar home here is not uncommon although you rarely see more than that... as in millionS of dollars for a home. They are typically 1-3 mill. Mostly around 1. Is this the people I want or do I want to narrow it down even more than that?

hotrod1965
09-12-2008, 10:21 AM
I will tell you that I have very few clients that live in house under 500K.

the sonner you start selling, the easier it will be. You can have everything all stocked up and ready to install in Nov. If you wait until Nov. you will might not have enough time to get lights in, or lights might be sold out. For example, it will be very hard to find warm white LED strands after the begining of Nov.

DeepGreenLawn
09-12-2008, 10:33 AM
I am planning on starting my advertising and selling as soon as I can get some quality business cards in and some shirts done. Then we will start hitting shopping centers and putting out mailers to the higher end neighborhoods with million plus homes.

hotrod1965
09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
123print gets cards out pretty quick

David Gretzmier
09-13-2008, 01:00 AM
For printing, check out gotprint.net. cheapest I've found. for targeted direct mail postcards, quantumdigital.com is great. you can mail to everyone on a street , shows you on google maps, and you can really nail those nice neighborhoods with cards.

it is time to order direct mail now. find the money and target 500-1000 really nice homes in the best neighborhoods. you shoudl plan on 3 mailings. once at the end of this month, once in the 2nd week of October, and the first week of November. a 2000-3000 investment in 3 targeted mailings will net you 20k-50k in sales if you can close them.

hotrod1965
09-13-2008, 09:18 AM
you can also make your own mailing lists. I go to the county website and search for homes that have SEV values over 500K, and then I have thier name and address for free.

I'm more of a fan of actually mailing a letter vs. a postcard. I think you have more of a chance of getting someone to open the letter and reading, where a post card might just tossed. But I don't have any data to back this theory up.

Dunlaps LawnCare
10-27-2008, 06:42 PM
advertising all year