PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer HP, Hustler, or Ferris which do you recommend?

dalethebuilder
09-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Again, I appreciate all the information you'all provide.
I've narrowed down my choices to the Exmark Lazer HP 19hp Kawasaki 46"
Triton deck, the Hustler 48" deck and 19 hp Kawasaki or the Ferris IS1500z
with a 21hp Kawasaki and 48" deck. Anyone have experience with these machines? Prices are about the same except the Hustler is a little less expensive.
It will be used residentially on about an acre.
Thanks, Bob

Grits
09-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Without a doubt, get a Hustler. Best quality, easiest to work on, simple design. Exmark is overpriced and Ferris can be too complicated.

ffemt1271
09-12-2008, 05:56 PM
i've got 4 exmarks and have had excellent service out of them. since 2003 i have had 1 to she shop 1 time for a electrical gremlin. they are all used commercially too.

Jake
09-12-2008, 06:07 PM
I have three exmarks and love them. Never had them in the shop for anything major(just basic maintence). I use mine for commerical use.

S man
09-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Definitely go with exmark. The cut quality will blow ferris and hustler away. Also they are built very well and last a long time.

KCfireman
09-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Again, I appreciate all the information you'all provide.
I've narrowed down my choices to the Exmark Lazer HP 19hp Kawasaki 46"
Triton deck, the Hustler 48" deck and 19 hp Kawasaki or the Ferris IS1500z
with a 21hp Kawasaki and 48" deck. Anyone have experience with these machines? Prices are about the same except the Hustler is a little less expensive.
It will be used residentially on about an acre.
Thanks, Bobeverybody's gonna tell you that the mower they own is the best mower out on the market. I would go and demo all three of those mowers and then you can make your descion from there. Just my 2 cents.

OSU 09
09-12-2008, 07:10 PM
everybody's gonna tell you that the mower they own is the best mower out on the market. I would go and demo all three of those mowers and then you can make your descion from there. Just my 2 cents.

I second that:clapping:

KCfireman
09-12-2008, 07:19 PM
I second that:clapping:thank you. I have learned from this site that i really shouldn't ask opinions on mowers because most of the people on here are gonna say that the current mower(s) that they own are the best as if there are no other mowers being manufactured.

OSU 09
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
exactly KCfireman, everyone has there own preferences, it is good to know what people think about certain machines, but ultimately it comes down to which one you feel best about, which one suits your needs, and also dealer support is something that should be considered

Icepuck72
09-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Go ahead and test them. Of course I'm going to say Exmark, because I narrowed my choices down to Exmark, Bobcat, and Hustler. Exmark came out on top for me.

I just felt better with the Exmark, and with the Mulch deck on my TTHP, it gives a superb cut and all of my customers love what it does.

Some folks don't like the Triton deck. Check out the Ultra Cut or Trivantage.

Just test them.

creeksidelc
09-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I currently own a bobcat and it is a piece of junk! I have used both exmarks and ferris and think the best choice is the exmark. It seems to be built better than the ferris and the ferris is very complicated too. Exmarks have a very good design and have excelent cutting quality.

S man
09-14-2008, 08:50 PM
everybody's gonna tell you that the mower they own is the best mower out on the market. I would go and demo all three of those mowers and then you can make your descion from there. Just my 2 cents.

wow. That's the first logical statement I've heard you say in a while.

KCfireman
09-14-2008, 09:31 PM
wow. That's the first logical statement I've heard you say in a while.thank you.:rolleyes:

S man
09-14-2008, 11:07 PM
thank you.:rolleyes:

You're very welcome. How's the biz doing in kansas?