PDA

View Full Version : U1R Battery

freedm2
09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
I have a Everride Hornet with a U1R 245CCA battery. It's dead and I need to replace it. I can't find a U1R (right pos terminal) with square bolt terminal holes. I can find please of U1 or U1L (left pos terminal).

The everride uses a bungy that goes over the battery to secure it. Most of the U1 series batteries have removable vent covers that will sit under the bungy. They won't hold up to that pressure.

Where do you guys get batteries? I tried Pep, Sears, WalMart, HD and Lowes. Lowes has the closest thing, flush top, square mounting terminals, but it's a U1L. I thinking of just mounting the bat 180 degrees.

lawns Etc
09-12-2008, 08:15 PM
You can reverse the battery and its fine as long as the cables are long enough. I got away from the Wal mart batteries as I had to replece them every year for some reason I switched to Interstate batteries and they have been good for at least 3 seasons left on the machines all year even in winter

traman
09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
no dealer support ??? is there a tractor suppy co.near you

freedm2
09-12-2008, 08:37 PM
no dealer support ??? is there a tractor suppy co.near you

TSC has the U1R battries; however, they are the vented cap type.

I'll need to buy new terminal bolts if if I go with the round hole terminal. Do I need anything special or is Zinc plated enough?

topsites
09-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Have you thought of turning the battery around :p

freedm2
09-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Have you thought of turning the battery around :p

Yes. But the bungee will press against the terminals a little bit. I guess that's what I'll have to do...

jkingrph
09-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Yes. But the bungee will press against the terminals a little bit. I guess that's what I'll have to do...

Put a couple of strips of wood thick enough to be above battery cap tops then put your bungeee across them. No pressure on caps.!!

jkason
09-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Any shop serviced by Interstate has them or can get them - about $45.00.

freedm2
09-13-2008, 08:55 PM
I finally found one that worked. It's a 300 CCA. Flush top, square terminal holes. I got it at Advance Auto Parts for $30 with core. Pretty good. 3 month replacement warranty, 12 month warranty.

It's a left-hand terminal but I was able to mount it 180 degrees.

Thanks for everyone to responsed.

Catshreds
09-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Curious, You just got your Hornet didn't you? Any particular reason you need a new battery already?

freedm2
09-28-2008, 07:33 AM
These Hornets were made in early 06. They've been sitting connected since then. My arrived completely corroded over and destroyed the postive cable connector. I jumped started the unit initially and it lasted about 1 month. Then it wouldn't hold a charge.

Those 245CCA are a bit underpowered to being with. The Everride Scorpions have much better batterys.

My HOrnet has been nothing but problems. They never cleaned out the gas tanks after the mfr process. Hundreds of little plastic shavings in the fuel filter. I when through 2 filters before I finally took the tanks off and cleaned them out.

I've dumped about $70 in parts since I got the thing.

The cut is awesome and I love the mower, but the QA at the factory is really bad. I also found a rivet that wasn't set correctly. I have to drill it out and replace.

Parts avail. AWEFUL! None of the local dealers carry the brand anymore. I have to buy parts from the dist. at full list price.

freedm2
09-28-2008, 05:44 PM
These Hornets were made in early 06. They've been sitting connected since then. My arrived completely corroded over and destroyed the postive cable connector. I jumped started the unit initially and it lasted about 1 month. Then it wouldn't hold a charge.

Those 245CCA are a bit underpowered to being with. The Everride Scorpions have much better batterys.

My HOrnet has been nothing but problems. They never cleaned out the gas tanks after the mfr process. Hundreds of little plastic shavings in the fuel filter. I when through 2 filters before I finally took the tanks off and cleaned them out.

I've dumped about $70 in parts since I got the thing.

The cut is awesome and I love the mower, but the QA at the factory is really bad. I also found a rivet that wasn't set correctly. I have to drill it out and replace.

Parts avail. AWEFUL! None of the local dealers carry the brand anymore. I have to buy parts from the dist. at full list price.

I should note that the battery MFR did pay for $25 towards the new $30 battery. No bad...

Cat.. I'm going to send you a PM

deereequipment
09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
I have a Everride Hornet with a U1R 245CCA battery. It's dead and I need to replace it. I can't find a U1R (right pos terminal) with square bolt terminal holes. I can find please of U1 or U1L (left pos terminal).

The everride uses a bungy that goes over the battery to secure it. Most of the U1 series batteries have removable vent covers that will sit under the bungy. They won't hold up to that pressure.

Where do you guys get batteries? I tried Pep, Sears, WalMart, HD and Lowes. Lowes has the closest thing, flush top, square mounting terminals, but it's a U1L. I thinking of just mounting the bat 180 degrees.

I believe Advance Auto has those batteries too.