PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Valdosta

Flyerwillmow4u
09-13-2008, 01:46 AM
I am in the military and stationed at Little Rock AFB. I have a small lawn business on the side that i work part time. I now have a John Deere 717A that is 2 years old. I was just about to trade it in for a new 810 since the warranty is up and it is time for my every 2 year tax wright off. Fist of all i have heard that there are many problems with the new 810's and second i talked to a few companies in Valdosta, GA and they said not too many people have Deere's out there. I was told today that Exmark is about 65% of what all the companies out there use. Does any one know if that is true and if so, which Exmark would be a good replacement for the 717A that i have now. I have bagged my yards out for the last 3 years and my customers love it so what ever Exmark i get should have a bagger. Thank you in advance!!

Scott

delphied
09-13-2008, 06:43 AM
I would keep the mower and get a new accountant.

ALC-GregH
09-13-2008, 07:33 AM
every 2 years? Just take the mower with you. You never know, you might start a trend with JD in the area. LOL

andubailey
09-13-2008, 12:58 PM
65% might be a little low. On a recent trip to Florida I probably saw 30 Exmarks, two Grashoppers, and a Gravely.

billslawn89
09-13-2008, 03:28 PM
65% might be a little low. On a recent trip to Florida I probably saw 30 Exmarks, two Grashoppers, and a Gravely.

ya i agree, i'm in south west florida and i also see alot of exmark mowers! i brought my scag turf tiger down from ohio when i moved and there are two dealers around here, but ya alot of exmarks and very few scags. :drinkup:

Strick
09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
I had a lawn business in Valdosta for about 10 years before selling it and moving to north Georgia. The guy I sold to is still going strong. The lawn businesses there do primarily run exmark. I think it is somewhat due to the dealer. When I was there, Valdosta Power Equipment (exmark dealer) was great. I think they are now called Powerhouse.

dura to the max
09-14-2008, 12:03 AM
if thats the same powerhouse im thinking of they also sell gravely. ga seems to be biggest on exmark and scags...imo. gravely is coming to the front slowly, but those are the top three that i see on an average lawn trailer...