PDA

View Full Version : Kubota G2160 how to take blades of.

Airwave
09-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Well I am the proud new owner of a Kubota G2160 ok she is not new 2nd hand. That is why I have no pic of it as it looks shabby not like the stuff you guys run on here. Anyway she rides like a dream cuts so fast am in a dream world should have done it sooner.

Anyway my question is I have taken the deck out and cleaned it but would like to sharpen the blades on it but have no idea how you would take them of. I have tried blocking one of the blades from spinning and then loosen the bolt but the belt will just slip with the pressure. If someone has any advice or pics then love to hear from you.

Who knows another year or two I can get one of those gorgeous zero turns fingers crossed.

Hawg City Lawns
09-13-2008, 04:33 PM
hey dont feel bad at all, youll get a zero turn soon enough but until then you got yourself a great mower those kubotas will go through anything and leave a great cut as well i know this is a little off topic but does it have the gas or diesel engine?

Airwave
09-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Oh yes as soon as i came home from picking it up i tested it on my lawn lol everything is tested on my lawn probably why it looks so bad. I love it so fast so even and such a nice cute despite the fact that the blades are blunt. It has a diesel engine which runs like a train. I think I have to weld a little extra steel at bottom of deck also as the baffles (or whatever you call them) are bent and slightly worn.

Airwave
09-14-2008, 05:41 AM
This is not good have to put mower back together again today to service my accounts tomorrow. Anyone have any tips or tricks on how to get these blades of and sharpen.

Mickhippy
09-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Find yourself some box aluminum (square tube stuff) thats big enough to slip over one end of the blade but a little longer. It will only spin so far before it hits the deck and the blade stops spinning. Doesnt need to be heavy or real strong!
Scag have some called a Blade Buddy or something. Same principle but would cost more!

or an air impact wrench!

Just drive the machine up some short steep planks to get under it. Chock the wheels though and make sure its stable etc of course!

CLARK LAWN
09-14-2008, 09:26 AM
use an impact gun it will blow them right off

Airwave
09-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Will give it a go later today looks like we are gonna have lots of rain tomorrow so doubt we will be cutting grass. Cant stop looking out at my lawn and thinking why did I not by a mower like this before am chuffed to bits at how fast it cuts. Even at our 4 acre nursery with tall grass it just plowed straight through it without little slowdown on the blades. Such a shame that people here in the area I live in are not overly concerned with their lawn just want it cut and not as bothered as would seem in the US.