PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased John Deere trimmer

Escapeslawncare
09-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I just purchased a new trimmer on ebay for $180 its a john deere t105slc brand new in the box. My question is are these good trimmers I thought for the price I could beat it

1993lx172
09-13-2008, 10:42 PM
My advice to you would be to open up the muffler and take out that little screen that's in there. It will clog up an rob you of power. I have a Jd 21C trimmer and it works pretty good, after i removed that screen.

Sorry to jump in with a question of my own:o but does any one know of a good product that will seal a gas tank? My homelite trimmer is leaking around the fuel line from the tank and the stuff i tried already was soon dissolved by the gas. It's doing me no good hanging up in the garage and any help will be appreciated. Again sorry to jump in.

Runner
09-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Not too bad. Thats about a decent sale price. The MSRP is $220 for that trimmer. I believe those are all still Kawasaki trimmers.

retrodog
09-14-2008, 12:44 AM
John deere said the other day that they are doing away with the deere brand handhelds completely and swapping all to Stihl, hope they will still have parts and warranty for you. Noticed all the Deere shops around here have bright new Stihl signs all over them.

Escapeslawncare
09-14-2008, 04:48 PM
thanks for the reply's