PDA

View Full Version : st augustine striping kit?

marcovgv
09-14-2008, 10:04 AM
I live in florida and everyone here has st augustine. I have alway wanted to stripe the homes but it dosnt show up well. will my dixie stripe the sugustine better with a striping kit or is it just a weaste of money?

thanks

freshprince94
09-14-2008, 10:12 AM
St. Augustine is very hard or impossible to stripe...with that being said it has been done but the stripes go away the next day due to moisture.

marcovgv
09-14-2008, 10:20 AM
well if anything i think i might just get the striping kit as it might disperse clippings better making them fall down into the grass instead of just laying on top of it.

DLAWNS
09-14-2008, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't waste the money. But if you think that might work for dispersion, that might not be the worst idea. I used to cut St. Augustine and I don't think I ever got it to stripe.

mississippiturf
09-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Most of my customers have St Augustine and I've had no luck with striping. I was wondering, without trying to hijack this thread, what type grass is used on professional baseball fields that stripe so well. And is the type grass used in all zones!!

marcovgv
09-14-2008, 06:21 PM
I think its like the celebration bermuda or empire turf.

My personal home currently has st augustine.

I want to get it changed out to either Celebration bermuda or Empire turf. which one do you guys reccomend? both work well in florida from what I have read. any sources for it here in South florida?

I will probrably be resodding the yard in two months once my pool is built.