PDA

View Full Version : whats better ?

M RASCOE&SONS
09-14-2008, 10:50 AM
i was at my local mowing shop yesterday looking at blowers new and used ,well i was interested in a used billygoat with 8hp briggs and it was a few yrs old and steel housing (very sharp) and then i looked at the new billygoat force with the 6hp robins .the price on the used blower is $450 and the new force is $699.im not worried about the price so much as performance.
if we lined both these guys up which one is gonna blow better hands down.
:usflag:

Stihl036pro
09-14-2008, 11:16 AM
I bought my 13 hp billgoat force at Complete power in Old Saybrook. I can tell you that the blower is un-real. I would definitely spend the extra money and get the most powerfull ground blower you can afford. I am not sure if that's where you were looking at them. I see you are from old Saybrook also. That's my recommendation.

M RASCOE&SONS
09-14-2008, 05:07 PM
i go to john at advanced in eastlyme,he takes great care of people in the industry and his prices are very good .im just starting back up after a 2 yr retirement .i went to work with my dad and its no for me,my wife and i both think i do better working for myself.she is a school teacher which is great because health benis are very cheap for us.any input on these 2 blowers would be great.

Green Finger
09-14-2008, 05:17 PM
If money is not an issue go with the new one.You know the history and it's yours.

If your on a budget then go used.

M RASCOE&SONS
09-14-2008, 05:40 PM
what about performance between the 2

M RASCOE&SONS
09-14-2008, 06:26 PM
do you think the 6hp billygoat force will out perform the 8hp billygoat regular steel version

ed2hess
09-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I didn't really think those 6-9hp blowers were significantly better than a big backpack so we went with the 13hp. Now that Billygoat has got the weight down on those units that size would be best.