PDA

View Full Version : Exmark, Walker, Commercials read this!

Dynamic
09-14-2008, 09:52 PM
This is a true story. I have a RZT 50 Cub Cadet that I bought last year (May 2007) to help on my accounts as I didn`t have the money at the time for another Tank. Well, as of right now we have 3860 hours on it, and the only money spent on it is welding rod. Cub Cadet have covered spindles and a new seat and harness under warranty. I thought I would put this on for any of the newbies starting out than this has been a good investment for us.
We grease everything every 3 days and change the oil(full synthetic) and filter every Friday morning regardless. I have read on here before bad things about Cub Cadet and the RZT 50`s but after reading this maybe all the Exmarks and Walkers will be for sale.LOL

Turf Dawg
09-14-2008, 10:16 PM
How do you put 3860hrs on a 07 mower?

Lbilawncare
09-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Are those Canadian Hours or American hours ?

DuallyVette
09-14-2008, 10:22 PM
How do you put 3860hrs on a 07 mower?

You leave the ignition key on all winter :cool2:

BarrFarms
09-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Well im proud of ya. But ill keep the Walker. lol.

lazer 46
09-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I couldn't afford to change oil every week. And Synthetic no less.

Dynamic
09-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Most of our lawns are 5+ acres and some are cut twice a week depending on the height. Just honest Canadian work. LOL. I truly believe that the differance is the synthetic oil. I know there is always debate on oil but this is just another testimonial towards it.
I am surprised Topsites hasn't had anything to say yet, he's usually good for a couple no point, stupid, waste of time comments!

Jason Rose
09-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Where's my BS flag??

So, just an estimate here, with 3860 hours in about a YEARS time, that means that mower was mowing grass about 10 hours a day, 365 days a year from the time it was bought till today. And in canada no less, where you have a 6 month growing season... awfully impressive.

mississippiturf
09-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Over 8 hours per day run time six days a week!!! WOW My butt would have 1/2" callouses!!

meets1
09-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I think we run hours but this guys takes the cake and mower to a whole new level!

Dynamic
09-14-2008, 11:21 PM
No BS. But like every thread here on lawn site there is always the people that just need to cut down another to make themselves feel good. Well Jason Rose feel good about yourself my man, I hope you feel as good as a morning terd. I never wrote this to say I own the best equipment, or that I am wealthy, or that this is such a hard business, but purely just out of amazement even on my own end. I am just amazed that a non-commercial mower(in my mind) with a Kawi motor has lasted me this long.

puppypaws
09-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Where's my BS flag??

So, just an estimate here, with 3860 hours in about a YEARS time, that means that mower was mowing grass about 10 hours a day, 365 days a year from the time it was bought till today. And in canada no less, where you have a 6 month growing season... awfully impressive.

That want calculate, in Canada they don't have enough time to grow that much grass. I guess they could be pushing snow in the off season.....or in Canada that could be the on season.

Jason Rose
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
And you are???

I'm not bashing your equipment, mater of fact I dont care what brand you said it was, makes no matter at all when you fabricate a number and throw it up here like anyone is going to believe that a machine that age would ever see that many hours of use.

Do you leaving it ideling it at night to keep it warm?

By the way, it's "turd" not "terd" just fyi.

Dynamic
09-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Well most don't admit when they are wrong, but dam it I am wrong. The hours are correct but when I bought it was incorrect. It was May 2006. Dam. I guess you must have thought I was cutting hay fields steady. Still does this not seam like alot of hours for a machine?

Jason Rose
09-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Yes, that's a LOT of hours. It's not that usual to see most air cooled gas engines make it over 2,500 hours at best. If you get 3,000 to 4,000 from one you are doing something right for sure. They are not designed to last that long.

I still don't see how that many hours could be racked up in 3 seasons of use... My main Z machine, when I only had the one "big" mower was getting ~900 hours a year, and that's a LOT, and I'm the kansas with a much longer growing season.

ffemt1271
09-15-2008, 12:43 AM
there's only 8760 hours in a year

Icepuck72
09-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Wow, I'm impressed. I'll stick with my Exmark. :confused:

MileHigh
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
This is a true story. I have a RZT 50 Cub Cadet that I bought last year (May 2007) to help on my accounts as I didn`t have the money at the time for another Tank. Well, as of right now we have 3860 hours on it, and the only money spent on it is welding rod. Cub Cadet have covered spindles and a new seat and harness under warranty. I thought I would put this on for any of the newbies starting out than this has been a good investment for us.
We grease everything every 3 days and change the oil(full synthetic) and filter every Friday morning regardless. I have read on here before bad things about Cub Cadet and the RZT 50`s but after reading this maybe all the Exmarks and Walkers will be for sale.LOL

BS.....BS......BS

Thats a lot of hours to put on a mower that is "supposed to help out on accounts" in a little over a year....BS

Where's the pics? huh...I wanna see the hour meter on the cub beside the serial number so I can tell what year it is.

Cubs aren't half the machines Exmarks and Walkers are.

MOW ED
09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Your alternator must be putting out triple voltage to spin that clock like that. I am glad you have good luck with your rig, I don't even know what one looks like to tell the truth but I am happy with my Toro and Walker so I won't be selling either.
Just a suggestion, if you are changing oil that quick I would just use regular dino oil. You are wasting lots of cash on dumping oil that fast. I know heat is an engine killer but unless you are mowing near the gates of hell you aren't really doing your wallet or the environment a service by doing a weekly change.
Now I like Jason Rose. That being said the morning turd or terd if you wish exchange really had tears in my eyes while reading. I love lawnsite.:laugh:

lawnjockey56
09-15-2008, 06:49 PM
pic of odometer and mower in pic or work

Digdug
09-15-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/turd

ricky86
09-15-2008, 08:12 PM
How many hours are in a day up there?

txgrassguy
09-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Well, I suppose I am a "morning terd" as well as I am calling a big B.S. on that amount of hours accrued by an LCO in that amount of time.
I think you should check where your electrical problem is regarding the hour meter and sustained voltage through the wiring harness.
My crews mow a full nine months out of the year here in Texas and we average over 300 acres per week and my machines average only 750-800hrs per year.
I could see maybe 400 hours per year with your abbreviated growing season but over 3000 in two and half years is about as plausible as my ex-wife shedding pounds off her fat butt.