PDA

View Full Version : walk behind mower

choo25
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
hello guys, ive read all the old threads about walk behinds but was wondering if anything new has happened. i am in the market for a new hydro walk behind 48 inch that will be easy to operate and has a good cut,i am looking at ex mark ,toro and hustler and have been reading up on the quicks. any tips that all you pros have? thanks

mississippiturf
09-14-2008, 11:35 PM
All the brands you mentioned are good. My advice is to deal with the closest and most reputable dealer near you. Recent posts say that the B.O.P. products are worth the investment as well. Comes down to a "Ford/Chevy" matter.

choo25
09-14-2008, 11:55 PM
thanks alot

delphied
09-15-2008, 12:35 AM
I have an Exmark TTHP in 48 inch with down turned pistols. Rough on the hands and I dont think the up turned are any easier to pull on the levers. If you have to have a WB, I would look at the newest Toro system. H2 I think it is. Personally,I would replace mine with a Wright Stander for easier operation, if I thought there was a future for this business in my area.

Woody_1
09-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Gravely with ProSteer works well for me.

dura to the max
09-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I have an Exmark TTHP in 48 inch with down turned pistols. Rough on the hands and I dont think the up turned are any easier to pull on the levers. If you have to have a WB, I would look at the newest Toro system. H2 I think it is. Personally,I would replace mine with a Wright Stander for easier operation, if I thought there was a future for this business in my area.

the new toro is the T-2, very similar to the gravely prosteer, and a stander. i have a tthp that i converted from normal pistol grips to the ECS (the turned up pistols) and it is much easier on the wrists. my hands/wrists would kill me after a day of cutting, now i can cut for hours and not feel a thing. i dont know what kind of long term damage the ECS could cause or prevent, but it is better than normal pistols.

kjslawn
09-15-2008, 05:34 PM
hello guys, ive read all the old threads about walk behinds but was wondering if anything new has happened. i am in the market for a new hydro walk behind 48 inch that will be easy to operate and has a good cut,i am looking at ex mark ,toro and hustler and have been reading up on the quicks. any tips that all you pros have? thanks

i HAVE A NEW BUNTO FLOATING DECK 48 INCH HYDRO PISTOL GRIP Cost 5200 will sell for 3900 with new velke x 2