PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a used exmark phazer

S man
09-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Well I finally found a used phazer in mississippi and went to get it last friday. It is an 06 with 171 hrs and the guy wanted 2600 firm. He paid 5500 new. I have the receipt from it. Anyway when I got there I noticed it wasen't in pristine condition like mine was. But I really wanted to get it so I jumped on and tried it out. The starter or battery sounded rough when it started but after that the engine purred. The engine and hydros were good. The pto started right up and shut off with no problem. The only issue is the parking brake which is out of whack. After the owner got off I wanted to ride it and the mower wouldn't start. So he fools around under the seat and fixes it but after I paid him and we talked it wouldn't start again. So he messes with it again and I get it on the trailer. When I got home it wouldn't start again and by then I was very tired and pissed off. So my dad gets a piece of plastic to wedge in between the part of the brake where it touches the switch that allows it to start. So I'm at least able to get it in the shed. So now I again wegde the piece under the switch so I can try it out and it ran and worked fine. Except the parking brake is now screwed up and I can't get it to go all the way up. So I need my dealer to check this thing out. Is it a big deal to fix or is it just out of adjustment? Other than that I have a decent phazer for all my gated yards.

KCfireman
09-15-2008, 12:27 AM
looks like you got a pretty good deal on that.

S man
09-15-2008, 12:29 AM
looks like you got a pretty good deal on that.

Yeah except I can't use the damn thing until my dealer fixes the brake. It really does look good other than that.

KCfireman
09-15-2008, 12:32 AM
the starter not working??? The previous owner might have got water in it.

milkie62
09-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Sounds pretty simple to fix if a piece of plastic wedged into gets it going.Without seeing how it is setup can't tell.But anyway you should beable to do minor repairs or find another line of work.

KCfireman
09-15-2008, 12:36 AM
scott can we get some picks of the new unit???

KCfireman
09-15-2008, 12:36 AM

02DURAMAX
09-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Looks like you need a new switch under the seat...If it is still under warranty they should replace it...Also do you really need a rider for your small back yards?

S man
09-15-2008, 01:55 AM
Looks like you need a new switch under the seat...If it is still under warranty they should replace it...Also do you really need a rider for your small back yards?

I do because I can sit and be more productive and get lawns done faster thereby increasing productivity. It has a great deck that cuts in all conditions and a big 19 hp to go through the really thick stuff. I've had one before and regreted selling it so I'm glad I have one again.

02DURAMAX
09-15-2008, 03:37 AM
I do because I can sit and be more productive and get lawns done faster thereby increasing productivity. It has a great deck that cuts in all conditions and a big 19 hp to go through the really thick stuff. I've had one before and regreted selling it so I'm glad I have one again.

Maybe..Depends on the operator...Im the same rider or walk has to be the same deck size though

dura to the max
09-15-2008, 12:56 PM

TNT LawnCare Inc.
09-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Scott didnt you just sell your phazer ? and stander awihle back ? Bro i think you need to really evaluate your business plan. If all you have is small residentials and thats all your aiming for keep the phazer this time. The 32 wright stander would have been more productive once you would have mastered it.

Lakewlc
09-15-2008, 06:42 PM
lets see some pics

S man
09-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Scott didnt you just sell your phazer ? and stander awihle back ? Bro i think you need to really evaluate your business plan. If all you have is small residentials and thats all your aiming for keep the phazer this time. The 32 wright stander would have been more productive once you would have mastered it.

The phazer was a much more productive unit than the 32" stander. It had less hp was a fixed deck and I was standing. The phazer has a 19 hp instant deck height adjustment and I'm sitting. I will keep the phazer till it's dead this time. But the larger 46" lazer z is very productive on bigger lawns. So I now have the right combo.

Pics will come soon. I have to wash it up and will have pics. And of all my other stuff.