PDA

View Full Version : Who would want one?

mzgloves20
09-14-2008, 11:53 PM
A Scag Stander?

I would be interested to see what it would be like. I think they need one.

jt5019
09-15-2008, 12:23 AM
i think it would be a good idea. I would definitely check it out

Petr51488
09-15-2008, 12:27 AM
I would maybe take an exmark stander. My only issue with them is knee damage. Just bouncing around all day can't be good.

02DURAMAX
09-15-2008, 12:34 AM
I would Buy Like three of them if they had one!...Also so when they sent me a letter asking how my new mower was, In the comment box I requested they look into a stander type mower. Just waiting in what they reply back.

dura to the max
09-15-2008, 11:59 AM
i would look into them if we had a decent scag dealer around here. Petr51488 mentioned an exmark stander, but toro just did that and i, as were many others, wasnt too impressed.

RhettMan
09-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Standers are the best thing since sliced bread.
I love my Wright Stander 36"

A scag stander should be in production right now, and If not....Why not?

Competition is great for the consumer, which in the case of commercial mowers, lawn care professionals are the consumer.

If any one of scag, toro, wright, john deere, or exmark "raised the bar" so to speak on standers, all the others would have to step their game up as well.

With scags great reputation I would really like to see what they come up with.

Gran Sport
09-15-2008, 02:27 PM
I would maybe take an exmark stander. My only issue with them is knee damage. Just bouncing around all day can't be good.

I have bad knees. I prefer my Stander over a rider. Bouncing all day really has no effect on my knees at the end of the day. No lie

RhettMan
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
I have bad knees. I prefer my Stander over a rider. Bouncing all day really has no effect on my knees at the end of the day. No lie

I was going to ask, what is worse

A. bent knee suspension on a stander with a few bumps in a yard (maybe)

or

B. taking a forward step with a locked knee walking and man-handing a WB?

B is much worse. Think about it, and your taking much less of a toll on your tendons and muscles that drive your body forward by riding rather than walking (sometimes pushing and pulling).

ZTR's eliminate the tendon and muscles wear, but there is no suspension in your spine, so your back is compacting from top onto bottom all-day

mzgloves20
09-15-2008, 11:11 PM
I hope it has a seat like the Wright's...

P.Services
09-15-2008, 11:16 PM
i would buy two for sure!!!!!! right now i will pay before i even see it because i know it will be better then all the others!!!! scag please build them!!!

Liquidfast
09-15-2008, 11:32 PM
I hated the wright 32 stander. Too much machine, not enough deck. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the 52 stander. Dunno why, just looks cool. I guess if I absolutely had to have one, it would be the 36 minimum. Y ride the tight spots when you can stand.........ohhhhhhhhhh baby

LawnGuy73
09-16-2008, 08:23 AM
I'll stay with Wright Stander. Do what you do best and stick with it!:waving:

CLS LLC
09-16-2008, 08:33 AM
They have one. I work for a pretty big scag dealer and our scag rep was out about a month ago and had one of our customers who is big into wright standers test it for a day. He wasn't too impressed and neither was I. It was basically a scag pro-v walk behind with a platform. I think it was a waste. They already make their own custom sulky for the pro-v and now they're going to put a plat form on it. Considering everything else they put out. They really seemed to have cheated this one. But give it a year and you can make your own judgments.

jkason
09-16-2008, 09:25 AM
A Scag Stander?

I would be interested to see what it would be like. I think they need one.

They already have one, although Dane Scag sold Scag and started another company to manufacture it - Great Dane.

mzgloves20
09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I know Scag has one on the way to debut at the expo... I was hoping it was gonna be comperable to the Wright style machine...