PDA

View Full Version : We start hanging lights tuesday

David Gretzmier
09-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Well guys, it is time to start the season. we will do a 5 building single residential job this week, a 2 building commercial, and a very large residential building. the weather will be awesome and I am excited to get started. Just myself and 3 guys for now, one guy doing cold calls for sales one day per week. These next 45 days warm things up and train guys for the 40-45 crazy days in November / December.

turf hokie
09-15-2008, 06:34 AM
How long did it take before your customers accepted you coming in this early? We start earlier every year but they still think we are crazy to put up lights so early.

What lights do you install? All of them or just roof, branch wraps? When do you schedule the greenery? Week before Thanksgiving? This is generally what we do but we have to account for leaf cleanups messing with shrubs and cords if we install too early.

Oh crap I sound like deep green with the questions.

David Gretzmier
09-15-2008, 08:53 PM
We offer a 12% discount for september hang and 10% off for October Hang. we also do all commercial rehangs in September and October at regular price. Customers that received a discount get greenery hung, commercials get greenery 1st week of November. We will do aprox 40 properties before Nov. 1

MRXMAS
09-16-2008, 09:35 PM
We start this weekend. BTW, thanks Dave for your advice on commercial pricing we just got that one we were bidding on today. 20K+ on a 5 year contract. Appreciate the help and look forward to a great season

Take Care and Good Luck Everyone

David Gretzmier
09-20-2008, 11:35 AM
awesome job on the close !

standard consulting charges to Christmas light pioneers, $385 per hour, 1000 minimum.

getting that advice for free on lawnsite and closing a 20 grand deal, PRICELESS.

but I do take paypal.

:)