PDA

View Full Version : Strobe Laws

zero_turn_freak
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Anyone know where i can find laws for hide away strobes and amber stobews on top of my truck.

Im in Warren County, Ohio (Mason Area)

Riley Lawn Service
09-15-2008, 01:06 PM
in my area as far as i know there are no laws against strobes but i dont have a clue about ohio. sorry i couldnt help much

zero_turn_freak
09-15-2008, 06:05 PM
hmm...doesnt help me much but thanks lol

anyone else?

M & MD Lawn
09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I live in indy and I have strobes in my truck, the laws are that you cant expell blue or red from the front and cant expell blue from the back, everything else is fair game. I have wigwags in the back along with a strobe and strobes in my front parking. I am goin to get a amber light for the top and yes you can have a amber light on top. Im pretty sure the law is the same or similiar in Ohio. To be sure you can just go down to whoever will install them and they can answer all your Q's

treeman574
09-15-2008, 08:11 PM
the law in NYS is 1 light visible for 360 degrees and only 26 candle power. which is as bright as a turn signal. so tell me how many people actually obey these laws? yes this same law applys to vol. fire fighters as well. guess what none of us even care

Toy2
09-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Go to PolicePosers.com, you will find the laws on every State regarding light/color use....hope it helps...