PDA

View Full Version : Easy Billing Software Recommendations?

Mrs. Landscaper
02-02-2002, 08:27 PM
My husband has a small landscaping/snowplowing business. He has always done all billing and bookwork by hand! I am trying to save him some time by finding an easy and not too expensive billing program. We do have an accountant, so I'm not really interested in software that includes reports for tax purposes, just billing. I work in an office and have enough computer experience to be able to teach him, but it has to be fairly simple or he won't want anything to do with it, and I don't need a 2nd job! Does anyone have any recommendations?

LawnLad
02-03-2002, 03:06 PM
You could use Quick Books, or other accounting programs, and simply not use the other available functions in the program. But at that point in time, the software will give you (assuming you put good numbers into it) a look at how you're performing.

Accountants are good for preparing taxes... that's what they get paid to do. You have to run your business. So tracking your numbers shouldn't be for just tax purposes, they should be for making informed management decisions on how you use your resources and where you apply them.

For simplicity, any accounting program will offer a receivables side to it that you can generate bills from. Or a spread sheet like lotus or excel will do the same thing - you just have to set up the links and design it.

HBFOXJr
02-03-2002, 03:58 PM
I'm with lawnlad and quick books. In addition to making good business decisions proper set up and use may cut your tax preparations costs.

AztlanLC
02-04-2002, 12:05 AM
What about a program that can handle contracts, most of my customer pay a fixed amount every for 10 months, I use QB Memorized Transactions But Sometimes I have to go trought every invoice to change the subjec Payment 1 out of 10, Payment 2 out of 10 and so on.

Mrs. Landscaper
02-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the input! Quickbooks was mentioned several times, so I will check it out. Any input on how easy it is to set up and use?

HBFOXJr
02-05-2002, 07:21 AM
They walk you through the process. I thought QB Pro was difficult in some ways. However, I was coming over from an entirely different system that I'd used for 16 years. I think my brain wa the biggest problem. Probably easier to start not knowing anything.

Premo Services
02-05-2002, 10:59 AM
I am trying to save him some time by finding an easy and not too expensive billing program. We do have an accountant, so I'm not really interested in software that includes reports for tax purposes, just billing.

For ease and not a lot of loot, you can get My Advanced Invoices from My Software company(about 40.00, as soon as you turn program on you will be able to make invoices and estimates.

tailoredlook
02-06-2002, 12:05 PM
If you don't need all the perks that go with quickbooks or other accounting software, try gopher98.

augs dad
02-08-2002, 07:42 AM
Quickbooks BASIC...not the PRO version is very easy to use even if you don't have an acctg mindset. Use what you need of the program and forget the rest...costs about$190...money well spent

dfor
02-14-2002, 07:04 PM
I also use My Deluxe Invoices & Estimates. Very easy to use.