PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet Tank Pto Belt Idler Conversion KIT

1998tahoe
09-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Has anyone ever heard of this kit that is supposed to change the one idler pulley for the PTO belt over to 2 pulleys like on the 2008 model tank???? IF so where did you find it????

bondman35a
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
We have 2 Lesco z two's (basically the same as the tank ) , one is new this year and has the two pulley tensioner. The other is older and has the one pulley tensioner. It has around 1000 hours on it and i think it used maybe 2 engine to deck belts. The machine with the 2 pulley tensioner (new this year, 2008) has gone through at least 3 engine to deck belts and the machine has less then 250 hours on it. Its the same size belt on both machine but one has to go around two pulleys and the other only one pulley. So with the two pulleys there is a lot more tension, which for us caused premature belt ware. In order to fix it we were told to adjust the deck back to make it closer to the engine. Have done that but time will only tell weather this belt will last longer. So in short, i would keep the single pulley tensioner.

1998tahoe
09-17-2008, 01:34 AM
I was told by Cub Cadet that this was involved with a service bulletin. They would do it under warranty.

The OEM single idler arm looks WEAK........ Any bodys ever break???