PDA

View Full Version : Found my new theme song

Chris J
09-16-2008, 01:23 AM
For those of you who think I'm a loose cannon, I found the perfect theme song for myself. Band: Linkin Park / CD: Hybrid therory/ Song: Crawling. You'll get a kick out of this! There's another one that explains my ex-marital life to perfectection. It's called "In the End." (Same CD). Amazing how music will speak to you if you listen close enough.
Now you're really going to think I've gone off the deep end. :laugh:

Chris J
09-16-2008, 01:33 AM
http://www.last.fm/music/Linkin+Park/Hybrid+Theory
Forgot the link.

Bill S
09-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Did you just crawl out from under a rock? These songs have been around for a long while!

:laughing:

anyway...

Good taste in music!

Mike M
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Okay.

I think it would be interesting if others listed a bunch of music they appreciate...

I get a kick out of "cycles" lately by frank sintra, and johnny cash, the dead, bob dylan, the "time to pretend" song by mgbt (cracks me up), red hot chillies (a lot), some classical bach stuff, george winston, neil young, jason mraz, beck, and garrison keiller on public radio. Lots of other stuff, too much to mention.

Someone once told me all music formats have at least 2% of really good stuff. I suppose where we are at in our lives and what we can identify with, is what we like.

Pink Floyd and Nirvana take me back to places I'd rather not return. lol.

irrig8r
09-16-2008, 08:44 PM
You heard about Richard Wright's passing I guess?

Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Jethro Tull, CSN and Y, The Dead, Creedence, Steve Miller, the Stones etc. were all part of my formative years. I started listening to FM album rock the same year the Beatles broke up... I think Buffalo Springfield and the Byrds were history too. Fleetwood Mac and Traffic were still good, but in Tower Of Power and War you could hear strains emerging that would become disco... and somehow I turned my attention to roots music: jazz, blues and bluegrass...

My tastes remain eclectic.

The only thing close to hip-hop I listen to is Michael Franti.... most punk gives me a headache... thrash metal too.... but I like some Green Day and Rise Against. My son turned me on to Death Cab For Cutie... I like Cracker and Son Volt.... the Drive By Truckers are interesting.

My favorite band right now is probably Railroad Earth.

Favorite female vocalist and songwriter - Lucinda Williams.

Favorite male vocalists are still probably Kim Wilson (of the Fabulous Thunderbirds), Van Morrison or Stevie Ray Vaughan...

Too many "favorite" harp and guitar players to mention. (I play both, but harp more than guitar.)

Chris J
09-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Did you just crawl out from under a rock? These songs have been around for a long while!

:laughing:

anyway...

Good taste in music!

I know that Gregg, I'm just now deciding that it's my theme song. Love the music; it gets me pumped up in the mornings.

Chris J
09-16-2008, 08:54 PM
I listen to it all as well. I don't think there's anything I don't like from country to hip hop. Some of my favorites are Stevie Nicks, Little River Band, Leon Russell, Molly Hatchet, Lynard Skynard, Fergie, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, ZZ Top, Van Halen..... and the list goes on. I listen to earth music (don't know what it's called, spa music?) to go to sleep at night. It's like classical music and the sounds of nature like water, thunder storms, rain, etc.. Good stuff for relaxing, which we all know I need often.

irrig8r
09-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I know that Gregg, I'm just now deciding that it's my theme song. Love the music; it gets me pumped up in the mornings.

That wasn't me Chris....

Chris J
09-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh, sorry. Must have had a brain fart. whoops, excuse me please.

irrig8r
09-16-2008, 08:59 PM
I listen to it all as well. I don't think there's anything I don't like from country to hip hop. Some of my favorites are Stevie Nicks, Little River Band, Leon Russell, Molly Hatchet, Lynard Skynard, Fergie, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, ZZ Top, Van Halen..... and the list goes on. I listen to earth music (don't know what it's called, spa music?) to go to sleep at night. It's like classical music and the sounds of nature like water, thunder storms, rain, etc.. Good stuff for relaxing, which we all know I need often.

Of those you, mention the only one I ever saw perform was Leon Russell.. on a double bill with Johnny Winter...

You ever see Elvin Bishop down your way? He still puts on a good show... saw him for free at the county fair here about 3 or 4 years ago...

Chris J
09-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I think he was playing a music festival here about 5 years ago that we went to. Hard to remember. Lots of bands and lots of booze that night. Good time though, and some great listening.
Oh, and I need to add Clapton to my list. Love Eric Clapton.

irrig8r
09-16-2008, 10:37 PM
http://www.myspace.com/elvinbishopmusic

Chris J
09-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Good stuff my man!

worx
09-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Chris, Bay fest is coming up Oct.3,4, and 5. You should cruise on over and check it out. You can see the schedule at bayfest.com.:cool2::drinkup:

Chris J
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I just might have to check that out!

irrig8r
09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
And In The Way (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_and_in_the_WayOld)

Old and in the way
That's what I heard him say
They used to heed the words he said
But that was yesterday
Gold will turn to gray
And youth will fade away
They'll never care about you
Cause you're old and in the way

As I hear tell he was happy
He had his share of friends and were kind
Now those friends have all passed on
He don't have a place called home
Looking back to a better day
When you're old and in the way

* Refrain

When just a boy he left his home
Thought he'd have the world on a string
Now the years have come and gone
Through the streets he walks alone
LIke the old dog gone astray
He's just old and in the way

* Refrain

They'll never care about you
Cause you're old in the way

Chris J
09-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Who sings that Gregg?

irrig8r
09-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Self titled original album by Old And In The Way... server musta hiccuped because it shortened the title and the link doesn't work now...

Try this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_and_in_the_Way