PDA

View Full Version : Aerating in Southeastern Virginia

dgreen67
09-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Would like some input from guys in the tidewater/southside area of Va. I am having a lot of requests this year for aerating, overseeding, and fertilizing. After my calculations, I came up with $33.50 per 1000 sqft for all three services. Is this competively in the ballpark? I already own the aerator.

Thanks for opinions.

Scgentlman1
09-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I myself charge $24.00 per K,This includes single pass aeration,Transition blend fescue (certified) from Lesco, and a slow Release fert. But I'm in SC. :usflag:

TheYardButler
09-16-2008, 02:36 PM
$33/K including fertilization I think is extremely cheap. Given the price of fertilizer especially the phosphorous (starter fert is 18-24-12) is fairly expensive right now, I think that is an extremely competitive price.

One major thing to consider is repeat visits. I understand that most people want to be done with aeration and seeding on one visit, but many customers complain and even though you already have there money you are going to want to keep them happy. You want to make enough of a profit, that you will go back and keep all your customers happy and not lose money on gas and time.

The Yard Butler
www.callyardbutler.com