PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping Question

Penscape Landscaping
09-16-2008, 09:58 PM
I have been in business for 8 years in January. I have done steady landscapes that I am proud of. I have had many compliments on my work and have tagged a few word of mouth jobs but i would love to do more. I am steady on about 5-8 landscapes a year but would love to do 1 a month. What is your best way of advertising this? Do you use flyers and door hangers? I have been in the phone book for 3 year and have had little response with my 1/8th page ad. This economy that i live in really sucks because of all the job loss in the catawba county of NC. I have recieved 5 calls all season from my phonebook ad and htat sucks? help with this suggestions please???

Mike33
09-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Yellow page does well for me. But remember we are in bad times, we do a luxary service. If its a matter of paying mortgage, food on table or landscaping which would you do? Stick it out, this year will divide the men from the boys.
mike

PSUturf
09-16-2008, 10:49 PM
We have a yellow page ad and web site. Both generate a fair number of requests for estimates but less than 10% of those estimates result in any work. Word of mouth is how we get the vast majority of our work.

Put out a lawn sign at your job site. Neighbors often come home after you leave for the day and wonder who is working in their neighborhood.
Offer past customers some type of reward if they give you a referral that results in work for you.(Offer them $xx towards the next time they hire you)