PDA

View Full Version : 52" Exmark Tracer blades recommendation

Rodney12
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
picked up a 52", i have a mulching plate, what blades do you guys recommend. I was thinking of using gators with the mulch plate or even some high lifts, any recommendations? also, on exmarks site, what does the number reference mean? ex..units below 130,000?

do you guys recommend using the mulch plate or just a specific type of blades? what blades off this chart do you prefer?

http://www.exmark.com/turftracerquickref.htm

Rodney12
09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
anybody have any advice?

MileHigh
09-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Do you just have a mulch plate, or do you have the entire micro mulch kit under the deck?

I would recommend mulch blades with mulching and high lifts with side dicharge or bagging.

I've heard a lot of good things about gators...but also a lot of bad.

Rodney12
09-17-2008, 10:47 PM
bladescape,
thanks for the reply. I currently just have hte mulch plate, not the full mulching kit. How will the mulching blades work with just a mulching plate? I may just use highlifts or gators with side discharge most of the year and mulch late in the year (now). Well see how it works out.

dura to the max
09-18-2008, 12:32 AM
if you want to mulch w/ a tthp and only the mulch plate then get the wave blades from exmark. gators are way overrated, they dont cut or mulch as well as the exmark wave blades.

cutitright
09-18-2008, 07:54 AM
The number you refer to is the serial number of the units. In other words, if the notation refers to below 130,000, they are refering to units having a serial number below 130,000. Good luck with the mulching!

Rodney12
09-18-2008, 09:16 AM
dura to the max,
where can I find exmark wave blades, do you happen to have a part #? I dont see them on exmarks site?

Mowbizz
09-18-2008, 09:44 AM
if you want to mulch w/ a tthp and only the mulch plate then get the wave blades from exmark. gators are way overrated, they dont cut or mulch as well as the exmark wave blades.

Dura...that being said, can you side discharge with the wavy blades from Exmark? I have only used the Exmark High Lifts and like them but I do not mulch any of my lawns. I'm thinking leaf season and bagging with the wavy blades...any comment would be appreciated.

naturescape
09-18-2008, 09:54 AM
I love Exmark, but if you are mulching with the plate on, you NEED the full mulch kit on. You can get away with just the plate on some other mowers, not the Exmark. Either buy the full micromulch kit, or side discharge (in this case, HI-LIFT gators work well, I've used them all season).

Rodney12
09-18-2008, 10:01 AM
thanks for the comments guys. i welcome all feedback

Rodney12
09-18-2008, 10:41 AM
why would hte serial # of your machine require a different part # when replacing or buying new blades?

Rodney12
09-18-2008, 12:32 PM
will these work well with side discharge?

http://www.expressmowerparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=29%2D045EX&CartID=1

dura to the max
09-18-2008, 04:28 PM
i dont have a part #. i walk into the dealership and tell him what i want...thats the end of it. they work fine for discharging imo. there are after market versions of these blades that seem to do just as well. i think the wave blades are the best cutting blades for just about any application (in the deep south anyway) on an exmark. ive bagged, side discharged, and mulched and the only problem i have is the dad gum bahaia grass.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry ::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: