PDA

View Full Version : Do I really NEED to use quickpro/roundup on a sunny day?

NoSchwag
09-17-2008, 08:00 AM
I only ask because I get out of work at 5:30 and the sun is already gone from my yard. I sprayed it good monday night, and again last night.

I'm not really seeing too much difference yet. I was hoping to slit seen on Sunday.

ponyboy
09-17-2008, 05:38 PM
you should do it on a hot sunny day it will work better, and try mixing it stronger. sythe works great also just make sure you clean your sprayer out it eats the o rings quickly

NoSchwag
09-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I understand that, I know when the best time to do it is. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else been in a situation like this where they could only apply it at night?

bam
09-17-2008, 08:10 PM
i sprayed my neighbors lawn the other night and the lawn was toasted by the next night.

are you spraying grasses, broadleafs, perennials?

what rate did you apply the quikpro at?

I used about 4.5 oz. per gallon, for the weeds that I needed to control.

Read thru the label and identify what you are trying to kill.

The quikpro contains 73% glyphosate and diquat at just below 3%.

The diquat dibromide is for quick burndown of the plant. Using sythe would be a waste, unless you sprayed regular roundup.

TLS
09-17-2008, 08:23 PM
You can slit seed as soon as the product dries.

With these cooler temps, your expecting a LOT in just 2 days. What were you expecting? Quicker?

Regular Gly takes over a week in optimal conditions.

NoSchwag
09-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks TLS, maybe I should stop spraying every night and let it work. I plan on slit seeding on Sunday but would like to mow and power rake all the dead stuff up on Sat.

bam how much did you spray on for it to be dead the next night? I went heavy for the past 3 nights and it's still not dead. I will bet when I get home from work today, it will be just about dead.