PDA

View Full Version : Hustler brake issue....any help

nitro121
09-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey guys,

My mini Z is having issues starting. It is like one of the safety switches on the handles is bad (checked the seat switch and its fine). But I don't know where the handle switches are???? I looked in the owners manual, online, but I don't have enough mechanic experience to track it down. Although there is something attached to the frame, under the seat.

anyway, for my general knowledge...if anyone has had this problem let me know.

Issues - jump on it, won't start...move handles, starts right up.....or rock it back and forth...starts up. I thought it was just loose linkage but that all seems tight and in working order (to my untrained eye).

Peace,
Gary

ffemt1271
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
there should be a kick plate behind your heels when sitting on the mower that you can remove. the switches should be on both sides in the re where the handles are when open. there should be a switch on the brake handle and seat also. there is also a delay switch on the seat also. there is also a start and kill relay on the engine. your manual should tell whether they are normally open or normally closed, and you can test them with a ohm meter

nitro121
09-17-2008, 02:26 PM
I ended up having my guy take it to the shop. Looks like I would have had a hard time...although I did find the seat switch and checked that (I'm no good w/ a ohm meter).

Thanks for the input...I'm trying to learn so I can take care of things myself once the warrenty runs out....or just to save my self some time.

Thanks again,
Gary