PDA

View Full Version : 2 change the name or not 2 change the name that is the Question.

lawnpro2210
09-17-2008, 09:41 PM
So im thinking of changing the name of my business from "Mike's Lawn Care'' to ''Cutting Edge Lawn And Landscape ''.I thought it sounded more professional. So what do you guys thing.

Frontier-Lawn
09-17-2008, 10:01 PM
How about; Cutting Edge Landscape & Turf Management

willretire@40
09-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I always hated when someone named their company after themselves. So I like the change but never give yourself a long name.

bigw
09-17-2008, 10:21 PM
i agree change the name from your own name but do yourself a favor and take the time and come up with something alittle more original, i mean i think their is 20 " cutting edge" lawn care companies in every town!

billslawn89
09-17-2008, 10:23 PM
what exactly do you do...if its only mowing then stick with the mowing name. if you go beyond just mowing and do landscape work, then go for that name. your business name should explain who and what you do. i like what frontier-lawn recommended, Cutting Edge Landscape & Turf Management :drinkup:

MJS
09-17-2008, 10:27 PM
I always hated when someone named their company after themselves. So I like the change but never give yourself a long name.

Well, I would say that it probably comes down to what your name actually is. . . Mike's Lawn Care may sound a little generic (lotta Mikes in the world) same with Bill's or Bob's or Andy's. . .etc. But what if your first name was Jet, or Tristan, or Mateo, or something unusual like that. . . it might work. (oh the jokes that will be made from that paragraph) :rolleyes:

Personally, I like Cutting Edge Lawn and Landscape better.

02DURAMAX
09-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Change it sounds much better!

mtcjb
09-17-2008, 11:01 PM
So im thinking of changing the name of my business from "Mike's Lawn Care'' to ''Cutting Edge Lawn And Landscape ''.I thought it sounded more professional. So what do you guys thing.

how bout Cut N Edge Lawn & Landscape, slight twist but seemed to have a catchy ring to it.

pinto n mwr
09-17-2008, 11:08 PM
DO NOT change it to cutting edge! Up here in my neck of the woods ther are multiple "Cutting Edge bla bla bla's" LLC'c, INC's

MJS
09-17-2008, 11:18 PM
DO NOT change it to cutting edge! Up here in my neck of the woods ther are multiple "Cutting Edge bla bla bla's" LLC'c, INC's

Nothing like inclusive inductive reasoning lol.

Sorry - couldn't resist

All I said was that "Cutting Edge" was better than "Mike's". . .

I think most would agree.

dura to the max
09-17-2008, 11:19 PM
i like the 2nd option better, but as said it is overused and quite common. you ought to check and see if it is even available in your area.

MileHigh
09-17-2008, 11:28 PM

Cutting edge is better than Mike's lawn.

But there is probably a few other "cutting edge" out there.

davis45
09-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Do you even landscape? Or do you just think lawn and landscape sounds cooler? There's your answer, most likely stick to lawncare.

LBLC_LCO
09-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Cutting Edge sounds better for sure.

lawnpro2210
09-18-2008, 06:17 PM
I do landscape. I usually mulch, plant flowers, and maybe start hardscaping a little bit next summer. Iíve checked the phone books and researched it online and it looks like no one has the name in the area so I think I might change it after all be for I letter the trailer and make up shirts...etc. Thanks for the responses. Keep em coming if you have other names.Do you even landscape? Or do you just think lawn and landscape sounds cooler? There's your answer, most likely stick to lawncare.

Beau Rivage
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I voted Cutting Edge, also...It sounds less fly by night.

davis45
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Sorry but mulching and planting flowers is not Landscaping. That would be maint. I'm sorry, I am not trying to be rude but I see so many grass cutters that put landscaping in their name but have no clue on how to landscape.