PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little miffed today

ccstrebe
09-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Today was supposed to be the day I got my new Cat...........wrong. I found out the real reason why they bumped the delivery date up 4 weeks.

The unit I'm getting was being built for someone else who had backed out of the deal and their specs happened to have the same specs as mine except for the H-control and the glass door. So they shipped it without those two items and was going to have the dealer put them on, but the glass door isn't here yet (or so they tell me). I think either someone dropped the ball or they didn't have one to put on it during assembly or it was already built because why did Phoenix have to put on the H-control.

They put the H-control on it in Phoenix yesterday and it arrived in Yuma this morning but my sales rep doesn't want to release it until they can put on the glass door (it's got the poly door right now). And also, I guess Phoenix didn't have an 84" bucket either, so they are waiting for that too. Now they are telling me next Tues or Weds. I'm not happy.

I went out and took a peek. They were hiding it from me in the back forty but I found it!!

iron peddler
09-18-2008, 09:13 AM
h control is a dealer install....my guess is that they don't the poly door scratched.....but i understand your frustration

CarterKraft
09-18-2008, 03:30 PM
H-control is no big deal, doesn't help your situation though.

Maybe they would let you take the machine anyway and swap the glass when it comes in?

Ausman
09-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Welcum to Cat land, lies lies lies.

YellowDogSVC
09-18-2008, 05:37 PM
yeah, takes 20 minutes to swap a door. I think they are hiding something!

bobcat_ron
09-18-2008, 07:09 PM

It's not lies, when you have a huge corporate dealership with something like 20 people handling 1000 customer accounts in 1 branch alone, all it takes is once little slip and it throws a few people off schedule.

stuvecorp
09-18-2008, 07:31 PM

I like that, thanks Ausman.:clapping:

Scag48
09-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Company I work for is demo'ing a 345DL, I guess it's a real big deal for NC Machinery here in Seattle because it's the first D series 345 in the area. There has been a Cat rep on site at least a couple times per week since we got it a couple weeks ago. Well today all the big wigs from Cat and the owner of our company plus general superintendant, the whole ball of wax showed up to see our operator load trucks, with the freshly delivered 84" bucket nonetheless. That bucket is HUGE, no joke it's about 5 yards seriously heaped fairly easily, probably 3.5 or so slack. So yeah, Cat takes some pride it what they do, but at the same time there is a lot of BS projected toward the smaller guy, depending on the dealer, I can't stress that enough. The Cat dealer my dad works with is awesome, they work hard for every sale and always show up when they say they will with rental equipment, for minor service issues, etc..

Gravel Rat
09-19-2008, 12:10 AM
The Cat 345 is still slightly smaller than the Hitachi Zaxis 450. A friend has a brandnew Zaxis 450 really likes the machines it handles the 8-10 ton boulders like nothing.

Digdug
09-21-2008, 07:27 PM
your sig says you are getting rid of the 450. Did you not like it? Just curious . Thanks, doug

ksss
09-21-2008, 09:44 PM
your sig says you are getting rid of the 450. Did you not like it? Just curious . Thanks, doug

Oh boy, here we go.

ccstrebe
09-22-2008, 12:54 AM

Oh boy, here we go.

I have covered this a couple of times already, so as to not offend KSSS anymore, I'll put it in a nut shell, a CTL is too rigid for my needs. An MTL addresses alot of my issues that I had with a CTL. There were some things specific to the Case that I had issues with but according to KSSS I have a loose screw and he is right and I am wrong. How do you argue with that.

You could do a search on this forum to see some of my issues and we can spare KSSS some grief. Alot of my Case specific issues have been validated by the same comments from others so according to KSSS I guess we're all wrong.

coopers
09-23-2008, 09:29 PM
ccstrebe,

I believe you should explain in detail AGAIN why you are getting rid of the Case.

Just for KSSS. :drinkup:

ksss
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I have covered this a couple of times already, so as to not offend KSSS anymore, I'll put it in a nut shell, a CTL is too rigid for my needs. An MTL addresses alot of my issues that I had with a CTL. There were some things specific to the Case that I had issues with but according to KSSS I have a loose screw and he is right and I am wrong. How do you argue with that.

You could do a search on this forum to see some of my issues and we can spare KSSS some grief. Alot of my Case specific issues have been validated by the same comments from others so according to KSSS I guess we're all wrong.

i just wanted to complain about the 277c i got approx 1 year ago. It has been nothing but problems from day one. within 20 hours the rubber was gone on the front and rear bogies and the rest were getting chunked badly. they said it was a defective rubber compound. they replaced them and gave me steel bogies, which work fine other than the fact that they destroy the inside of the track where they ride. [which i found out later] from then it worked fine for approx 600 hrs with little problems. then the front lift cylinders went bad. since then there is a system error light that seems to go off about 1 time per month or so requiring me to take it in and have them reflash the computer[they say now that the wiring harness needs replaced]. so now it is in the shop for the harness and to replace the tracks that have warn out from the inside out[a whole strip of lugs ripped out in one piece!] the outside rubber is in exelent shape oddly enough. we'll see if it gets covered under warrenty. for the record it now has 1450 hrs I am the only one operating it and take very good care of my equipment also it is used only for light residential grading. I do like the design of the machine,and the cab is very comfortable but they have alot issues to work out. or mabey i just got a lemon.....

and

also have to say that being an owner operator this machine has costed me a great deal of lost time and money.

and

the c series controls are terrible, the only way it is tollerable is with the hydraulic flow on level 3 and full throttle at all times. they are designing these for people who dont know how to run them. it is not a finnesse machine any more.

and

Hi, just signed up, great hearing all the comments. Have done 5000 hrs on 247B's, 2000hrs on 277b ( still on original tracks ) boss made me operate the 277c ( under protest ) for 40 hrs. Absolutely hate the "C" gave it to the new guy and kept the old B. Have seen photos of the new undercarriage system for the 278c

and

We have a 297C. Biggest waste of yellow paint Cat ever made. Absolute dog, most uncomfortable, small and akward cab I've ever been in. Don't even start me on the mechanical aspects of it. Give me an old worn out 1845C and I'll run circles around it. Of course, this is my opinion. I had to learn to not hate our 287 also, just had to learn how to live with it.

and

we have close to 100 cat pieces( all types of machines, not just skidsteers) and after buying one takeuchi, we will never get another cat track/skidsteer again. Unless of course they come out with something amazing. I say this owning 4 287Bs and a 268BII we still have the cat machines but have added 2 TL150s and a TL130. I would compare them to small dozers as far as pushng goes.

I will say the new C series is very pretty but that doesn't make money. I have to agree 100% with pushcat about the cab size. the cats have to be the smallest out of all the brands. the takeuchi is almost 1 and a half times the size and the roll up door is the greatest thing ever.

but as we know too each his own. you guys can disagree all day, in the end you like what you have and thats it.

None of these quotes are from Yellowdogs which are easy to find here on this forum.

Ccstrebe,

Hopefully this will be the last I have to say this. I have no issue with you buying a CAT and trading your CASE in. My issue was the bulshit reasons you cited which were either incorrect, misleading or due to your not knowing any better. You say the MTL is better suited for what you do, thats great. Say the old CASE cab sucks when compared to the C and I would agree with you it does. However when you say your research has lead you down this path. That is bulshit, you went to SD, demoed the CAT and bought it. Which I am cool with its your weekend toy do as you wish, but to lead everyone to believe that you compared two equal machines, is wrong, you did not do that. You never compared the new C series to the new Series 3. You really don't have to spare me any grief. I am a big guy, I can take it.

Just for you I spent about ten minutes gathering the above C series comments on the net. You can add Yellowdogs comments to this list as well. Of course you pick and chose what is revelent and what is not. Again, you are not a real excavator but a cabinet maker who likes to work on his motocross track. Productivity is not an issue for you. Most of us are not afforded that luxury.

ENJOY

Junior M
09-23-2008, 10:48 PM
I was really confused when I started reading that^^^ ksss, the first thing I thought was holy crap ksss owns a cat and he isnt telling us and he is having problems with it, dang now case is really going to be the best... haha, i was still confused until i got to the but as we know part... The whole TAK thing really screwed me up to until like I said before until I got to the, but as we know part....

The only thing i can say is that each brand will have its lemons and you cant judge a whole brand on some bad luck you had with one machine...

bobcat_ron
09-23-2008, 10:53 PM
I was really confused when I started reading that^^^ ksss, the first thing I thought was holy crap ksss owns a cat and he isnt telling us and he is having problems with it, dang now case is really going to be the best... haha, i was still confused until i got to the but as we know part... The whole TAK thing really screwed me up to until like I said before until I got to the, but as we know part....

The only thing i can say is that each brand will have its lemons and you cant judge a whole brand on some bad luck you had with one machine...

You know that KSSS copied and pasted that from other posts?

Junior M
09-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah I got that after I read the whole thing.. like i said all the quotes really got me confused...

ccstrebe
09-24-2008, 02:52 AM
I have no issue with you buying a CAT and trading your CASE in. My issue was the bulshit reasons you cited which were either incorrect, misleading or due to your not knowing any better. You say the MTL is better suited for what you do, thats great. Say the old CASE cab sucks when compared to the C and I would agree with you it does. However when you say your research has lead you down this path. That is bulshit, you went to SD, demoed the CAT and bought it. Which I am cool with its your weekend toy do as you wish, but to lead everyone to believe that you compared two equal machines, is wrong, you did not do that. You never compared the new C series to the new Series 3. You really don't have to spare me any grief. I am a big guy, I can take it.

KSSS, you want to know what part of my research was, it was sorting out the BS that is spewed out by people like you. Believe it or not that is real helpful in making an inteligent decesion. I guess I have a knack for being able to tell the difference between honest opinions and one sided BS. I had second thoughts a couple of times as I read and re-read Yellowdogs issues. They were real issues that a real owner had. I saw those other threads too during my research, some were honest opinions and others were BS ("the cab is too small, give me a 1845 anyday") give me a break, I used to own an 1845. That Cat cab is at least one and a half times the size of my 450ct and the 450ct cab is bigger that my 1845 was.

I didn't need to test a Series 3 Case, it is still a CTL, end of story, I need an MTL, I was comparing CTL's to MTL's. When are you going to get that through your head?

Just because I told my story on my 450ct it means I'm giving BS reasons to get rid of it?

I don't know why you are so hung up on the fact that I didn't demo a Series 3, even if I did, it wouldn't have changed my mind about CTL vs MTL.

Just for you I spent about ten minutes gathering the above C series comments on the net. You can add Yellowdogs comments to this list as well. Of course you pick and chose what is revelent and what is not.

How nice of you......... I noticed that you didn't include the posts by others that stated that the Series 3 cabs still leak like a sieve, which was one of my big issues with the 450ct. Or the one about even with the cab up there was still poor engine access. And I see you didn't include the good things I had to say about the Case, talk about misleading.

Again, you are not a real excavator but a cabinet maker who likes to work on his motocross track.

Well, well, well, you say I'm not a real excavator. What does that mean, that I don't know what I'm doing? I'm around excavating plenty. You think I'm just a cabinet maker? Want to know why I don't have alot of time on my hands? Because I also hold general contractors licences for commercial and residential construction.

You saw that picture of my boat? That was my house behind the boat, guess who built that house. See the street that the boat was on, guess who put that street in, that street is in a subdivision, guess who put the subdivision in. I don't need to be an excavator, I hire people like you to do my excavating for me.

Productivity is not an issue for you. Most of us are not afforded that luxury.

Actually KSSS, productivity is a huge issue to me. You think I got alot of extra time to run that track, well, I don't. Most of the time when I go out there I have maybe three hours to repair damage from previous weekend, rip, laser, and water.

You want to talk about productivity, in less than three hundred hours, I used that machine hard enough for it to rip the two mounting tabs off of the ac unit. (another poor Case design, two lousy bolts to hold that heavy thing in with as rigid as those machines are) of course my fix for it was awesome as usual.

Junior M
09-24-2008, 04:11 PM
What is the advantage of the mtl for you anyway? Your not running this machine in mud where an MTL would shine or anywhere that I know of an MTL really shines.. From what I understand you push that lazer blade around all the time and move some dirt around for jumps not really a ball's to the wall business running 10 or 12 hours a day with the skid running almost that whole time... I personally think if you have enough money to drop on a new cat after just buying a case that you sold with roughly 400 hours you have just way to much.. That just doesnt make sense to me even if you have enough money to do it.. sorry for the rant.. but where are the pics of the new cat?

iron peddler
09-24-2008, 07:02 PM
you sure you want to get in the middle of this jr.? pick your battles or in some cases just sit back and watch what happens.

Junior M
09-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I just got a couple questions and I kinda over did it but so what stuff happens, theres a reason for everything.. but hey I couldve used that advice back in middle school... haha... thats a long story!

ksss
09-24-2008, 08:52 PM
KSSS, you want to know what part of my research was, it was sorting out the BS that is spewed out by people like you. Believe it or not that is real helpful in making an inteligent decesion. I guess I have a knack for being able to tell the difference between honest opinions and one sided BS. I had second thoughts a couple of times as I read and re-read Yellowdogs issues. They were real issues that a real owner had. I saw those other threads too during my research, some were honest opinions and others were BS ("the cab is too small, give me a 1845 anyday") give me a break, I used to own an 1845. That Cat cab is at least one and a half times the size of my 450ct and the 450ct cab is bigger that my 1845 was.

I didn't need to test a Series 3 Case, it is still a CTL, end of story, I need an MTL, I was comparing CTL's to MTL's. When are you going to get that through your head?

Just because I told my story on my 450ct it means I'm giving BS reasons to get rid of it?

I don't know why you are so hung up on the fact that I didn't demo a Series 3, even if I did, it wouldn't have changed my mind about CTL vs MTL.

How nice of you......... I noticed that you didn't include the posts by others that stated that the Series 3 cabs still leak like a sieve, which was one of my big issues with the 450ct. Or the one about even with the cab up there was still poor engine access. And I see you didn't include the good things I had to say about the Case, talk about misleading.

Well, well, well, you say I'm not a real excavator. What does that mean, that I don't know what I'm doing? I'm around excavating plenty. You think I'm just a cabinet maker? Want to know why I don't have alot of time on my hands? Because I also hold general contractors licences for commercial and residential construction.

You saw that picture of my boat? That was my house behind the boat, guess who built that house. See the street that the boat was on, guess who put that street in, that street is in a subdivision, guess who put the subdivision in. I don't need to be an excavator, I hire people like you to do my excavating for me.

Actually KSSS, productivity is a huge issue to me. You think I got alot of extra time to run that track, well, I don't. Most of the time when I go out there I have maybe three hours to repair damage from previous weekend, rip, laser, and water.

You want to talk about productivity, in less than three hundred hours, I used that machine hard enough for it to rip the two mounting tabs off of the ac unit. (another poor Case design, two lousy bolts to hold that heavy thing in with as rigid as those machines are) of course my fix for it was awesome as usual.

You kill me.:hammerhead:

I will make just a few refinements. I could careless if you ran Series 3. I only brought it up based on your comments about your extensive research. Had you said you wanted an MTL and left it at that. I would have had no issue.

Your around excavating plenty? You put 340 hours on a 3 model year old machine. You did not know what a thumb is on excavator, you complain about having to crack injectors to prime machine (wasn't necessary for the late comers to the conversation), you run it out of fuel, cant pull the cab up on an incline and all that is CASE's fault. Dude stick to cabinet building, sounds like your good at it. I will give credit where it is due, nice boat, nice house, nice subdivision (what I could see of it). I think I missed the photo of the trophy wife however.:cry:

Actually, I did not ask about how much time you had on your hands. Thanks for the info however.

Perhaps one day we can met at Johnnys (if it is still there) and have a beer over it all, or knock each others teeth out (I have done both at Johnny's in years past). Till then......

Enjoy your new machine.

qps
09-24-2008, 09:43 PM
I just logged on and seen this....LMAO...glad to see someone else getting slapped around....I going to go pop some microwave popcorn and sit back and watch the fur fly......:cool2:

qps
09-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Wait a minute....did you post something about the 297C being a piece of junk:nono:.....did I mention how well they push pea gravel???:weightlifter:

ksss
09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
I just logged on and seen this....LMAO...glad to see someone else getting slapped around....I going to go pop some microwave popcorn and sit back and watch the fur fly......:cool2:

This is me having nothing more to say on this matter (wonder who taught me that line?).

I actually blame Cooper for this. I had already pleadged to myself not to respond any more on this topic. I was so close too.

Junior M
09-24-2008, 09:54 PM
haha,, you need that little smiley face guy that is eating popcorn off of ron's favorite site.. haha..

qps
09-24-2008, 10:02 PM
This is me having nothing more to say on this matter (wonder who taught me that line?).

I actually blame Cooper for this. I had already pleadged to myself not to respond any more on this topic. I was so close too.

Hook em and reel em in........:cool2:

ccstrebe
09-25-2008, 12:47 AM

I will make just a few refinements. I could careless if you ran Series 3. I only brought it up based on your comments about your extensive research. Had you said you wanted an MTL and left it at that. I would have had no issue.

Your around excavating plenty? You put 340 hours on a 3 model year old machine. You did not know what a thumb is on excavator, you complain about having to crack injectors to prime machine (wasn't necessary for the late comers to the conversation), you run it out of fuel, cant pull the cab up on an incline and all that is CASE's fault. Dude stick to cabinet building, sounds like your good at it. I will give credit where it is due, nice boat, nice house, nice subdivision (what I could see of it). I think I missed the photo of the trophy wife however.:cry:

Actually, I did not ask about how much time you had on your hands. Thanks for the info however.

Perhaps one day we can met at Johnnys (if it is still there) and have a beer over it all, or knock each others teeth out (I have done both at Johnny's in years past). Till then......

Enjoy your new machine.

Johnny's is long gone. I dont' drink. And I doubt we would need to knock each others teeth out.

You probably need to come here and take over the head mecahnics job at the Case dealer because he is the one that came out in the field and cracked the injectors to get the 450 going after I ran it out of fuel. I'm sure if there was another way to do it he would have done it.

How about a picture of my trophy family. This is from our 2007 Christmas card, the four oldest are not in it, they are all married and have their own families.

ccstrebe
09-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Hook em and reel em in........:cool2:

Did you see how fast KSSS took the hook on my "where's the engine post"?

I was laughing for hours.

ksss
09-25-2008, 01:13 AM
Johnny's is long gone. I dont' drink. And I doubt we would need to knock each others teeth out.

You probably need to come here and take over the head mecahnics job at the Case dealer because he is the one that came out in the field and cracked the injectors to get the 450 going after I ran it out of fuel. I'm sure if there was another way to do it he would have done it.

How about a picture of my trophy family. This is from our 2007 Christmas card, the four oldest are not in it, they are all married and have their own families.

Don't say Johnny's is gone.

The mechanic must not have been very sharp or was being paid by the hour 'cause it is not necessary.

Nice family photo, I was half expecting a picture of Megan Fox (Transformers girl).

ksss
09-25-2008, 01:15 AM

Glad I could provide hours of entertainment. Imagine what I could do if I tried. :clapping:

ccstrebe
09-25-2008, 01:54 AM
Don't say Johnny's is gone.

The mechanic must not have been very sharp or was being paid by the hour 'cause it is not necessary.

Several years ago one of their bouncers accidentally suffocated some drunk guy that was on pcp or something. He had to be detained and he wouldn't stay down and he chocked on his own tongue or vomit or something like that so they lost their liquor license.

Explain again on not having to crack the injectors if you get air between the pump and injectors. I missed that one.

ccstrebe
09-25-2008, 02:45 AM

Enjoy your new machine.

I guess you don't like that I used the word "extensive" because in your mind extensive would include testing a Series 3. I tried, there were none around. Not in Az. not in San Diego, nothing. And nobody could tell me when or even if they were going to get any. I did talk to a couple people on the phone that had them and I read, and read, and read. My Case salesman even gave me his selling points literature from Case. I had a big folder of Series 3 stuff. And I had a big folder of Cat stuff.

When I started out on this venture I didn't even know what an MTL was. I learned alot about the compact loader industry as I researched all the different types and brands of machines and what their strong points and weak points were. If that is not extensive enough for you then I'll refine my comment, how about if I use the phrase 'considerable research', do you have an issue with that? My 'considerable research' is what defined for me what my needs were and which machine would best fill them.

I'm sorry if you didn't like my choice of words but you havn't a clue as to how much time and effort I put into my research coupled with my experiances with Case. I've owned three Case machines, I'm well aware of their strengths and weaknesses.

Case lost out, sorry dude.

As far as enjoying my new machine, thank you very much, I will, and I will give a report.

qps
09-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Glad I could provide hours of entertainment. Imagine what I could do if I tried. :clapping:

Megan Fox......Grrrrrrr:clapping:

qps
09-25-2008, 07:07 AM

Sorry Bud...that wasn't a slam on KSSS...we have had our go arounds also but always kept it civil.....