PDA

View Full Version : need advice with a client

oakhillslandscaping
09-18-2008, 08:02 AM
i have a client with a fairly decent sized lawn, its a commercial account its a gym so tons of people go there every day and see my work, and my concern is cause the owner is cheap she is shutting the water off to the irrigation about a week ago and the lawn is already head for the color brown and i dont want my work looking like this for the next three months before it starts to snow and i dont have time to water it myself nor do i have a tank that can hold that much water what should i do????

mississippiturf
09-18-2008, 08:07 AM
Unless the owner agrees to irrigation, about all you can do is get the word out as best you can that the owner's decision to stop irrigation was the cause of the yard going brown.

Lawn Pawn
09-18-2008, 10:32 AM
If you could convince this client it indeed was in their best interest to keep the property looking nice up till the snow..... they may turn the water back on.

Sounds like a good example of penny wise pound foolish thinking on their part.

AI Inc
09-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Where is this gym your 1/2 way between mu office and home. I live in Nashua and work out of westford.

topsites
09-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Why not cut back on the mowing, I'd personally like to thank the owner for saving money,
seeing how we're headed for the worst depression since the Great Depression of 1930.

ed2hess
09-18-2008, 07:42 PM
You are worried about nothing.....you mess around with the customer and you will lose the account.

oakhillslandscaping
09-19-2008, 08:32 AM
this was my first commercial account ever back three years ago and the owner is a very nice woman and this is the first year she shut the water off early because of the towns water price which i totally understand the only problem is that its going to make me look bad now and it gets a lot of attention according to her guys come in all the time trying to take the account but she says no whether thats true or not i dont kno

AI Inc that building is global fitness center in tyngsborogh

RLS24
09-19-2008, 08:41 PM
I'd just say something to the effect of "just to bring it to your attention, you really should continue to water the lawn through the fall. The grass could really benefit from the watering and it will keep it healthy through the rest of the season. It will keep that thick texture and rich green color you've been seeing all summer." basically focus them on the positives of watering and then they will forget why they stopped watering in the first place

gorknoids
09-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Mow the brown stuff. It's his problem.