PDA

View Full Version : Echo trimmer seized...?

Joel B.
09-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Anyone ever have their trimmer seize up? I have a SRM-1501 that was running fine then all of a sudden just died. I tried to re-start it but I couldn't pull the cord at all. I haven't checked it out fully yet but it sure acts like it's seized.

Now, assuming I can get it unstuck, can I ever trust it again or is it new trimmer time?

Thank you,

Joel B.

lawnwizards
09-18-2008, 09:21 AM
i had one seize before. what i did was take the recoil off and and carb and sparkplug. take some sea foam and pour into the sparkplug hole and into the carb opening where the piston is, then take a pair of pliers and twist the knob where the recoil was until it gets free. keep applying the sea foam and eventually it will release. i did this to my echo srm 210 2 years ago and its still working to this day. goodluck.

ed2hess
09-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Do as the wizard said......and isn't the 1501 a very very old model? If it starts you can trust it. What oil was you running by the way?

Grits
09-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Try removing the plug and then pulling the recoil as if you are trying to start it. Sometimes this can be a simple fix. I don't know why or what, but it does work at times.