PDA

View Full Version : And the winnir is ????????

JR LEWIS
09-18-2008, 01:16 PM
SCAG Will be geeting our Turf Tiger delivered in about an hour.

Thanks to all the great insight on these mowers. It was a tough decision between the Scag and eXmark. Something about the Turf Tiger I just liked more. I think it rides a little better too. The seat is definately nicer. Price was $300.00 more for the Scag. Took the wife down and she tried it out too. Seeing that she is the resident Landscape Engineer for our address,lol, she had the final say. And her say was " I like it !! "

This will be for our 4 acres os resident mowing, nothing more. I hope to put this thing in the will for my kids !! haha.

Thanks again everyone,

J.R. Lewis

Phil G
09-18-2008, 01:32 PM
SCAG Took the wife down and she tried it out too. Seeing that she is the resident Landscape Engineer for our address,lol, she had the final say. And her say was " I like it !! "

What a guy :) How'd you manage to prersuade your wife to do the grass cutting?
Hats off to you.

atb Phil

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/PhilGz/SmilieUKFlag.gif

Backhoe Man
09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Your going to love that Scag. Brian/////

JR LEWIS
09-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys. I love it already and have not mowed with it yet.

Actually, my wife really likes being active. She had to help out a lot when she lived at home with her parents, so she just chips in at our house. To be honest, I don't think I could keep up with her daily routine. Not afraid to admit it. That girl is a heck of a worker. We have 3 teenagers to boot. I can't keep up with half of what's going on with them. She keep's the master schedule book in her purse and can tell me when the next booster shot is due for the dogs, cats, neighbors animals...blah..blah...lol.. She a good girl. Guess I'll hang on to her... or maybe it's the other way around !!:cool2:

mississippiturf
09-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Congratulations!! I know you will love it. I have the Exmark, and I'm very happy with it but Scag is a fine machine. What engine did you go with? Perform the routine maintenance and it will last you for a long time.

ALC-GregH
09-18-2008, 03:02 PM
You'll love it. I would go over the deck and check all the settings so it will cut right from the get go. Not saying it won't but mine was off a little from the factory. It will stripe without a kit if the deck is set right. :D

ALC-GregH
09-18-2008, 03:13 PM
A cut I did yesterday. I mowed about 5 acres at this farm. Charged $250 and mowed for 4hrs. :D
Like I said, it will stripe without a kit as shown in this pic. The left blade on the mower is tore up and the grass is actually a weed field. LOL It striped good though. :D
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/P9170028.jpg?t=1221765068

JR LEWIS
09-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Very nice. They said it would stripe good.

I got the 27 HP Koehler. I'll have to check the deck over. Not real sure what I'll be looking for though..lol.. But I'll measure each side and check all the chains and so on..

Thanks !!

mississippiturf
09-18-2008, 04:10 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Hey Greg,

Did you spill some RoundUp near that marker????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

billslawn89
09-18-2008, 04:14 PM
SCAG Will be geeting our Turf Tiger delivered in about an hour.

Thanks to all the great insight on these mowers. It was a tough decision between the Scag and eXmark. Something about the Turf Tiger I just liked more. I think it rides a little better too. The seat is definately nicer. Price was $300.00 more for the Scag. Took the wife down and she tried it out too. Seeing that she is the resident Landscape Engineer for our address,lol, she had the final say. And her say was " I like it !! "

This will be for our 4 acres os resident mowing, nothing more. I hope to put this thing in the will for my kids !! haha.

Thanks again everyone,

J.R. Lewis

good choice! you will love that machine! hey take some pictures and post them! that scag will last you forever! :drinkup:

ALC-GregH
09-18-2008, 09:35 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Hey Greg,

Did you spill some RoundUp near that marker????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Funny you mention that, the owner sprayed all that. I just do the mowing, it was all seat time, no trimming. :)

STIHL GUY
09-18-2008, 10:39 PM
that mower should last you a while if you do all the proper maintence

J&R Landscaping
09-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Good luck with your new machine!!