PDA

View Full Version : Questions about landscape curbing !!

FiVe StAr
09-18-2008, 03:14 PM
I have been in the mowing business for 9 years now. I am currently looking to expand into the landscape curbing market. There are only 2 companies within a 75 mile radius of where I work. It's actually a huge market here but everybody else would rather be mowing, go figure. What I'm wanting to know is there anybody here that does it in Kansas, Arkansas or Missouri ? The reason I am asking is because our winters are fairly similiar. What are the pros and cons into getting into this business ? I have read several posts from the hardscaping forum but nobody really goes into detail. They are either for or against it. What I'm wanting to know is would you consider getting into it again knowing what you know now ? ANY AND ALL COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!
:confused:

FiVe StAr
09-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Oh and one more thing. If any of you guys are currently doing the landscape curbing, would you mind taking a few pics of your rigs ? I would like to see how you have your trailers set up. I have a few ideas, but a few more wouldn't hurt !!!

STRINGALATION
09-24-2008, 02:45 PM
for what it is worth . that is all the rage here. i watched my neighbor gey his down in under 2 hours and the price was $530 that is a motivator alone. he had the whole setup from TYGAR. the trailer had a box on the front with a side mount ramp, for the sod cutter and curbing machine. the middle was like storage with walls and the tail end had a mixer setup. it was nice and efficient. i believe it is scaleable. if the market there takes off like it did here it is well worth the investment. good luck

this is the link to the company i watched work and i watched the ENTIRE process from pull up to going out at the end and chit chatting to get a price if i sub to him. i love a natural bed edge as number one choice but this is number 2 hope this help spark some better responces

http://curbanlegends.com/

Mike33
09-24-2008, 09:45 PM
I have a cont. in my area who started this year in it. He claims he spent 50k and has a long territory right. he was at our local homeshow this year. In my area i dont think it will work, due too he wants a 4k min. job.
Mike

STRINGALATION
09-25-2008, 12:24 AM
here they are fine with 7.50 a foot and do it allday long

capelawncare.com
09-25-2008, 12:52 AM
here they are fine with 7.50 a foot and do it allday long

We have guys advertising 2.50 a ft here.....

maccurb
09-26-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm from PA and I'm selling my curbing equipment. Email maccurb@yahoo.com if you want the info. Thanks