PDA

View Full Version : Funny website submission....

bmwsmity
09-18-2008, 08:56 PM
I got this as a website submission tonight... it's funny how some people enjoy wasting time...

jonny mackontosh
14 maple street
buffalo new york, fuftuftu43fgd

Phone: 6134598756
Email: gyugfgghuy

Best contact time: gyuf

Service: Architectural Lighting

Own: Yes

Current project stage: Ready to Hire

Type of work: New System

First time: Yes

Financing: No

Additional Information
u suck

:laugh:

S&MLL
09-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I get alot of b.s. ones too. Alot from other guys in the area/state that get bitter when they see my trucks out and working.

bmwsmity
09-18-2008, 09:02 PM
I get alot of b.s. ones too. Alot from other guys in the area/state that get bitter when they see my trucks out and working.

thats the funny thing... mostly the only way people would get my web address is from a marketing piece or websites like this one...

it could have been one of my turd-like buddies though too :laugh:

Chris J
09-18-2008, 09:04 PM
You know, if this happened to me I'd have to contact my web-administrator to find out if he can track down the suspect through the IP address. I think I'd then pay the perp a visit....Can anyone say triangle choke?

bmwsmity
09-18-2008, 09:19 PM
hmm... i dunno.. an arm bar would be my weapon of choice...that way they feel all the pain while conscious - more fun that way.

i actually thought of trackin it down, but i'm sure my web guy has better things to do....

irrig8r
09-18-2008, 09:23 PM
You know, if this happened to me I'd have to contact my web-administrator to find out if he can track down the suspect through the IP address. I think I'd then pay the perp a visit....Can anyone say triangle choke?

Chris, I think you're inviting trouble... I bet at least half of them would come from people here on Lawnsite just wanting to mess w/ your head... :wall

Don't tempt us... I mean them.. ;) yeah that's right... THEM...

Seriously though, I've gotten posts from one or two clowns through my website who say they want to kick my a$$... waste of their time.. all I have to do is hit delete and they're gone.

Chris J
09-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Well thanks for putting the idea into their head Gregg! I don't care though, just means more website hits which will increase my position on the web. And as you said, the delete button works well. But I actually like getting web hits!

bmwsmity
09-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Well thanks for putting the idea into their head Gregg! I don't care though, just means more website hits which will increase my position on the web. And as you said, the delete button works well. But I actually like getting web hits!

even better, if the knuckleheads visit our sites by clicking on this larger, more relevant site, Google's search algorithm bumps us up higher still - more than just based on generic "hits"

S&MLL
09-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I normally know who its from. Normally its from the lighting company or the landscape guy that gave me a funny look that day on the road or at the job site. Alot of the landscape lighting companies are jealous of what I have grown my company to in such a short period of time. Plus they look at me being somewhat young and think I do not deserve the work I get. But I have fixed most of their work so they have no right to really say anything. I hit delete and go on with my day.

irrig8r
09-18-2008, 10:56 PM
even better, if the knuckleheads visit our sites by clicking on this larger, more relevant site, Google's search algorithm bumps us up higher still - more than just based on generic "hits"

SWEEEEET!!!

bmwsmity
09-19-2008, 07:50 AM
I normally know who its from. Normally its from the lighting company or the landscape guy that gave me a funny look that day on the road or at the job site. Alot of the landscape lighting companies are jealous of what I have grown my company to in such a short period of time. Plus they look at me being somewhat young and think I do not deserve the work I get. But I have fixed most of their work so they have no right to really say anything. I hit delete and go on with my day.

Thats hilarious. Imagine if people in the corporate world did this kind of stuff... CEO's poo-pooing other CEO's via websites. Kind of puts things into perspective, huh?

This kind of stuff is why I got into this business...because a lot of "companies" out there act like little children and have zero clue about how to run a business...they just like to mow some grass on their big shiny mowers and shove a few malibu lights in the ground in random locations. And this is the same thing my clients tell me too.

:drinkup:

Malibu landscape
09-28-2008, 08:10 PM
That's too bad that someone would have nothing better to do with their time then to mess with you and your livelihood.