PDA

View Full Version : Jd 737?

jtruck618
09-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Im looking at buying a used JD 737 w/the kawasaki engine and 54in cut. This will be my first zero turn. Low hours and in good shape. I have a cub with a 17 hp kawasaki and love the engine. This mower is too small for my 3 acres so Im getting a bigger machine. I need to know what you guys think of the JD. Cut well? Ride? Anything you want to add.....thanks.....

jtruck618
09-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Nobody has any info on this machine?

davidcalhoun
09-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I had a JD 2006 757 with the 60" 7IronII deck.

What year mower is it and how many hours or on it?

The 7IronII is a great deck. It will throw the grass. Some have complained that it did not chop up the grass enough before throwing it. You might want to get a OCDC for it if you have some mulched beds around.

It rides fine. The seat is a little overpadded so that helps. The mower seemed slow to respond to reverse but that was the way it was designed. I got use to it and liked it.

jtruck618
09-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks. It is two years old with around 100hrs. The guy is asking 5500. I cannot find one that cheap anywhere. Sounds like a good deal to me. Im going to look at it today. Never bought any used equipment so Im kind of nervous. My buddy's brother has one and he describes it as a mowing machine. We will see.

davidcalhoun
09-19-2008, 01:16 PM
The 7 series is a good mower. 100 hours is just getting it broke in.

I sold mine because I downsized. It was a 2006 757 w/60" deck and only had about 80 hours on it. Sold for $6300.

lawns Etc
09-19-2008, 01:19 PM
I thing its a great mower I have had 3 7 series the cut is awesome I would try to get a little better on the price as it will probally sit a while this time of year see if he will take $5000 if not go full price but hold out a little unless you are in a hurry.

jtruck618
09-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Im willing to pay the 5500 but would like to get it for 5k. I will see what he says. He has someone looking at it tomorrow at 9am and I dont wanna lose it. Best price I have seen on this mower anywhere. Most have 300-500hrs and are priced above 6k. Will let you guys know. Never operated a zero turn b4 so not sure what to look for. Hopefully any problems will jump out at me.

jtruck618
09-20-2008, 09:58 PM
What a mess. I bought the mower from the guy and after getting it home, I foun it is leaking oil. How did I miss this? I checked it over for at least 15 minutes. It was clean, air filter clean, no dents, dings scratches, nothing. The guys seemed very knowledgeable about the machine. I parked it in my shed and noticed a few drips of oil on the floor. I laid down, looked under the rear of the engine and there it was....son of a !!!!!. I cleaned it up and found the oil is leaking from the rear spindle/clutch area. The oil was also low in the machine. I checked it when at the guys house and I remember it being okay. I screwed up. Didnt follow the golden rule of taking and extra set of eyes with me! Any input on this would be great.