PDA

View Full Version : Push me off the fence

larryinalabama
09-19-2008, 08:10 AM
This year I have invested aroun 5000$ in slightly used equiptment, all of the stuff Im sure I could resell for more than I paid for it, so its like money in the bank

Ive been looking for a used "main" mower but have had no sucess, a good machine is near the new price and it seems 2500$ buys only junk.

So here the deal Better Quick has as special on the new Duelly 400$ worth of accessorys free. So With all the add ons striper step saver bagger etc, the total would be 4620$. Thats a lot of money because Im still part time. I also dont know if these things have any resale value, so Im sure this would not be like money in the band.

So what do you fellers think?

larryinalabama
09-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Someone comment

IN2MOWN
09-19-2008, 09:30 AM
You could get a brand new walk behind, something better then a Quick, for that much. Dont waste your money. And the resale would be much better.

mississippiturf
09-19-2008, 09:31 AM
If your income and business plan justifies the investment, then buy it. My personal opinion is I'm not making a large purchase this late in the season. Just my $.02!

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Larry, you know where I stand. Time will tell, but I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO regrets about my Dually so far. The equivalent mower by other companies, especially with all the accessories, would run you another couple grand. And the guys at BOP have done absolutely everything they could do for me, as well.

davidcalhoun
09-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, a new mower will depreciate. No, you will not be able to sell it for more money.

A slightly used hydro walkbehind, if bought right, will hold its value better.

coolluv
09-19-2008, 03:13 PM
I purchased a Hustler Trimstar Hydro 36 for $3999.00 before taxes last year. Easy to operate, built solid, great cut. Name brand machine with good resale value. Just my 2 cents

Dave...

brucec32
09-20-2008, 12:19 AM
That Dually sounds like it's approaching the cost range of the big brand, heavier duty hydro walk behinds.

This is a new design w/o a long term track record.

Resale value is not well established.

I think the Quick 36 idea, a low cost, nice cutting, small, light, $2500 mower for small lots makes sense for some users. Adding bigger decks, dual hydros, expensive sulkies, etc and it starts to look less attractive. While it improves on the original, it becomes close enough in price that you're probably not saving a ton.

I see Exmark TTHP's on ebay a lot. They have a good rep.

RocketLab
09-20-2008, 12:31 AM
You could get a brand new walk behind, something better then a Quick, for that much. Dont waste your money. And the resale would be much better.

What experience do you have with the Quick's performance and its resale in comparison with other brands?

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-20-2008, 12:35 AM
That Dually sounds like it's approaching the cost range of the big brand, heavier duty hydro walk behinds.

Not when you add up the cost of all the stinking accessories. Not to mention how much MORE affordable BOP replacement parts are.

larryinalabama
09-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I bought a Ferris 2004 36" thats in super condition.

However the deck adjsutment would be nearly impossible out in the feild.
Therefore Im still on the FENCE

topsites
09-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Not when you add up the cost of all the stinking accessories. Not to mention how much MORE affordable BOP replacement parts are.

The whole reason the Quick and the parts are more affordable is no miracle.
Their cost is lower because they use less quality materials, but it does what it should and if it
doesn't last as long as the higher priced units then you still get your money's worth.

But, once the price approaches that of the higher priced units the deal suddenly doesn't look so attractive anymore.