PDA

View Full Version : Mason dump or Stake dump?

BigMike450
09-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Need a Dump just don't want to be limited.Mostly mulch,dirt,grass and leaves.But will be using for pavers stone and sand in the future.Will be plowing snow also.Thanks,Mike.

jaybird24
09-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Mason or contractors dump with fold down sides. Unless all I hauled was mulch or loose material I see no reason for a stake body. We have 8' masons on ours, with a 2x12 bolted to it and get 5 yds. of mulch. Any dirt or sand the truck can't really handle more than fits in a mason anyway.

Gravel Rat
09-19-2008, 06:23 PM
If your doing lots of jobs where your using a forklift to load and unload and or your hauling different materials a dumping flatdeck with different sizes of side boards is nice. A mason dump with fold down sides is okay but if you want to haul some skids side by side you can't do it.

If your hauling nothing but sand and gravel ya a mason dump is better but pretty well tough to do anything else with it.

A 8 foot deck or box is too short if you ever have to haul something long you can't. If your hauling light material like tree branches you run out of space.

supercuts
09-19-2008, 07:17 PM
im in love with my f550 12' landscape dump. it has a 4' side door to load/unload pallets in the front and tall sides, i can fit 10 yards of mulch in it. great for brush and unbelieable for leaves. it has a rear tailgate/barn door combo too. i can haul a massive load to the dump, that didnt sound good, but it does work great.

stuvecorp
09-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Need a Dump just don't want to be limited.Mostly mulch,dirt,grass and leaves.But will be using for pavers stone and sand in the future.Will be plowing snow also.Thanks,Mike.

I have a contractors dump with fold down sides and a flatbed with stake sides. I hate the stake bed, the contractors body is way better. I could haul two pallets with the sides up, I think the block pallets are like 42" deep. I also like being able to strap my jobbox to the tailgate of the box.