PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Triton blowout and cut issue

ztrguy
09-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Exmark Triton 06 has tons of blowout coming from the front of the deck. Is there anyway to resolve this issue? I'm mulching using the Exmark Mulch Kit. It always leaves clumps on the right side of the discharge. Anyway to resolve this? Thanks!

johnnybravo8802
09-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Buy a Scag!!!!:laugh::laugh:No joke, that's what I did and it's been the best decision I've ever made.

ALC-GregH
09-19-2008, 10:48 PM
yep, Scag.....

MileHigh
09-19-2008, 11:20 PM
he was asking for a way to resolve his issue...not for advice on switching mower brands.

ed2hess
09-19-2008, 11:47 PM
he was asking for a way to resolve his issue...not for advice on switching mower brands.

Just for the record the Tiger Cub Scag(60") that we got this year is exactly the same. The blowout is so bad we had to buy special dust goggles and wear a dust mask all the time. And we mulch with outlet closed and in tall grass it leaves the small row....we just catch it on the next round since we always go cw. But the cut is laser sharp ......and we can blow off parking lots and sidewalks better that than a big backpack. I tried deck pitch and lowering baffles and different blades and nothing helps.

johnnybravo8802
09-20-2008, 12:05 AM
My Triton was missing more than it was cutting-that's what I was referring to. I tried a mulching kit on an Ultracut deck with an Exmark several years ago and it had so much blowout, I took it back off. It was the biggest waste of $250 I've ever spent. I only side discharge now with the rider and mulch with the WB.

dishboy
09-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Exmark Triton 06 has tons of blowout coming from the front of the deck. Is there anyway to resolve this issue? I'm mulching using the Exmark Mulch Kit. It always leaves clumps on the right side of the discharge. Anyway to resolve this? Thanks!

Yes raise the rear skirt like the new Walker mulch deck and remove about 35% of the lift.

nosparkplugs
09-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I had blow issues with Scag Velocity decks, I no longer mulch, to much headache, their is no true solution only compromise with mulching/blowout.

after Owing Scag, paying their ridiculous high price to "mulch", and then to only be let down will always leave a bitter taste in my mouth with Scag, can't bring myself to purchase another. I had more loose bolts & belts braking with Scag in one year, than my F-680 going on 6 years, and zero belts broke.

The Walkers next to John Deere 7 Iron have been the only two manufactures to meet & exceed our expectations daily, year after year

JayD
09-20-2008, 10:22 AM

Hey ztrguy,
By your name I'm thinking your talking about a ztr, but ....I am having the same problem with my W/B ( yes, the same eqmt. as in your above statement) I do remember reading on here some time ago where a guy told us that he just screwed a skirt onto the front of mower and it fixed the problem. I am about to try it myself this weekend. I will try to remember to come back here and let you know if it works.

Mowbizz
09-20-2008, 11:00 AM

Sorry can't help because I don't mulch. I have an 07 Lazer HP 23 Kawi and it cuts like a dream. The only time I get a bit of blowout is in leaf season where sometimes leaves escape out of the front while powering through thick layers of them. SLow down and no blowout as far as the leaves go. Also lowering the deck lever seems to create more vacuum under there. I do bag using the Ultra Vac system and it too works great. Like I said, sorry if this is not relevent because I don't mulch...

Frontier-Lawn
09-20-2008, 11:22 AM

that is how to fix the triton blow out problem.

MileHigh
09-20-2008, 01:17 PM
that is how to fix the triton blow out problem.

nope....that is.

viper00085
09-21-2008, 12:36 AM
have any of the updates been completed by the dealer on the deck. In 06-07 when the triton came out, exmark knew they had issues right away. there are baffle changes, blade tip speed changes,etc that they released bulletins and upgrade kits on. Once we updated the decks, they did perform much better. you should check with your dealer or exmark to see if you need these updates completed

chrismowfaster
09-21-2008, 10:48 PM
I have an 07 Lazer HP 23 Kawi and it cuts like a dream.

Which deck is your mower running and what size? 46? 50?

I am considering an exmark lazer hp 23/46, I demo'd a 19/46 and although it cut great I thought I could always use a few more horses...

Mowbizz
09-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Which deck is your mower running and what size? 46? 50?

I am considering an exmark lazer hp 23/46, I demo'd a 19/46 and although it cut great I thought I could always use a few more horses...

I am running the 50" Triton deck and have no real issues with it...I have to admit that I've never mowed with anything else but if there were issues I would see them...

cybervision
09-24-2008, 04:32 PM
You may want to try the Eliminator Mulching Blades. These are the blades Scag uses. They are a combination of Standard mulching blades and Gator blades. I tried them on my 60" UltraCut just for side discharging and with the OCDC.

I have found the don't have enough lift when side discharging to give a great cut but the do an excellent job on the leaves. And I did not get blowout. The would would perform much better with the full mulching kit because the airflow would be contained to a circle.

I currently have them doubled with the high lifts and the results are very good. Good lift and cut but I do get some blowout now. I have the baffles all the way up so I will be lowering them a little to see if it helps with the blowout.
The advantage now are the leaves and clippings are very small and when I run the OCDC partially closed the clippings and pulverized leaves are dropped next to the machine which gets dispersed on the next pass.

http://www.tracksplus.com/forms/Eliminator.pdf

http://www.tracksplus.com/mower-blades.asp

Scag Site:

http://www.scag.com/hurricaneplusmulcher.html