PDA

View Full Version : management software

GriffinLawnService
09-19-2008, 06:38 PM
I was just checking out the free download from groudskeeper. I was going to ask around an see what everyone else uses. Any replys or comments are welcome.

Cj's lawnservice
09-19-2008, 10:41 PM
I have used them in the pass and I didnt like them. They will try to sell you there pre printed invoices and etc. I have been using quickbooks but alot on here have told me to use landscapemanagementsystem.com I thought they was horrible and I would not recomend them to anyone and I used there pro version.:usflag:

ffemt1271
09-23-2008, 12:02 AM
i've been using groundskeeper since 2003, very good and easy to use. they have never tried to sell me anything other than what i order.

sfddelta1
09-23-2008, 12:30 PM
use qxpress and and quickbooks pro

E

10-09-2008, 10:03 AM
I have used them in the pass and I didnt like them. They will try to sell you there pre printed invoices and etc. I have been using quickbooks but alot on here have told me to use landscapemanagementsystem.com I thought they was horrible and I would not recomend them to anyone and I used there pro version.:usflag:

Hey buddy you gotta get your stuff straight. Your not talking about LMS because LMS does not have a "Pro" Version. I think you are talking about Gopher Pro.

LMS is awesome stuff. Please get your facts straight before you go bashing.

Check out the real www.landscapemanagementsystem.com

landscaper22
10-09-2008, 05:33 PM
I have been thinking of checking out LMS myself. It is a great concept. The only thing that concerns me with an on line system is what if one day they decide to take the site down, or go out of business? What happens to all that info in our database? I would assume we would not have access to it any longer. So, we could be SOL with no notice. I may be wrong on this, but that was the first concern that came to my mind.

10-09-2008, 08:55 PM
I have been thinking of checking out LMS myself. It is a great concept. The only thing that concerns me with an on line system is what if one day they decide to take the site down, or go out of business? What happens to all that info in our database? I would assume we would not have access to it any longer. So, we could be SOL with no notice. I may be wrong on this, but that was the first concern that came to my mind.

You can download backup's. That was one of my suggestions to them :D Also I think it will be around for a long time. Seems like a pretty stable site/business.

tinman
10-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Give gopher a try. Full featured use in the trial period & it has different levels of products

bohiaa
10-14-2008, 02:51 PM
never liked online type of software. I thought info was very secure untill I started reading about larger co's getting hacked into....

using LP3..... tried gopher but didn't like it. not only does a software have do what ya want it to.... ya have to like it.....

DLAWNS
10-14-2008, 05:58 PM
I just use plain old quickbooks. It does the job.

tinman
10-14-2008, 06:47 PM
never liked online type of software. I thought info was very secure untill I started reading about larger co's getting hacked into....

using LP3..... tried gopher but didn't like it. not only does a software have do what ya want it to.... ya have to like it.....

I agree. different strokes for different folks.

zimmatic
11-01-2008, 09:13 AM
hindsite and quickbooks

sweetz
11-01-2008, 02:48 PM

I agree & I have other thoughts that I don't like about using online software too, Right now I am using Gopher & I like it for the most part. Before you buy anything though, try it. Most co's have trial or limited versions of their software.

BP348
11-02-2008, 02:42 AM
I'm not even that far along for my business but when I do i think I'm just going to use quickbooks

Gecko Lawns
11-02-2008, 03:48 AM
I have written my own using excel.
I started using it about 5 years ago and whenever I need to track more info I just add to the original program.
It works well for me and gives me info like average cut times and running times on equipment etc.
I print daily job sheets and take them with me the type in the info when I get home.