PDA

View Full Version : Help! Would you buy this mower?

tamo
09-19-2008, 08:50 PM
I've been looking for a used 36" walkbehind for awhile now and finally found one on craigslist. I currently don't absolutely need one to get the route done, but its getting close. Right now its two of us with 21" Toro commercials. We're in an urban area so most of the yards are smaller by most standards but I'm picking up more and more bigger (nicer, more expensive) and apartment complexes with large lawns.

Here's the mower. Exmark, hours unknown. The guy says he's used it as his personal mower for years but doesn't know exactly what year it is. Says it runs great. He runs a mower repair shop.

Anyone know anything about this type of Exmark?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tls/846227668.html

I'm also considering spending more money to get a new Quick 36 instead.

What do you guys think?

Thanks, I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

topsites
09-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Call him and ask for the serial number,
then you can look up the year.

On that note, he could have done that himself :p

It might be, since he's not commercial, that he doesn't know this,
but know I don't buy mowers that don't have a serial number.

Tim03
09-19-2008, 10:37 PM
I bought a used Exmark 32" hydro. It a 2001 and the mower in your picture looks older than mine. If you don't mind belt drive and it checks out okay it seems like a decent deal provided you have access to a nearby dealer that can get parts.

Just my opinion but outside of the cost to buy aspect I don't think it would be fair to compare this mower to the lower end Quicks. Belt drive and single hydro drive are different.