PDA

View Full Version : Mini Excavator Challenge

Dirtman2007
09-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Never tell me I cant do something cause I'll take 3 minutes out of my busy day to prove you wrong.
My buddy bet me 20 bucks that I could not flip over three cups, then stack them together. I even tried to separate them at the end but it did not work. Anyways I'll be getting a free lunch tomorrow!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=onCbBfBWlXw

Looks like I'm 20 bucks richer.

deere615
09-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Thats great lol!

bobcat_ron
09-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Suck on that Bobcat!!

Junior M
09-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Suck on that Bobcat!!
Why do you say that? I am sure he could do that on a 335 or a 337.. I am not so sure about the 430 though..

punt66
09-19-2008, 08:53 PM
I have been tapped on my shoulder to turn around and see a 1yd bucket behind me. Although that was impressive display in skills it ended as me dragging the guy out of the machine and throwing him in the trench.

Dirtman2007
09-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Why do you say that? I am sure he could do that on a 335 or a 337.. I am not so sure about the 430 though..

I can do it with a 25 ton excavator:weightlifter:

bobcat_ron
09-19-2008, 08:55 PM

Do it with yours and get it on video, if you can do it faster and smoother, I will forever put my Bobcat bashing days behind me, I will make that my word.

Junior M
09-19-2008, 08:55 PM
I can do it with a 25 ton excavator:weightlifter:
I was wondering what you did it with... That is pretty awesome!! I will have to try it...

Junior M
09-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Do it with yours and get it on video, if you can do it faster and smoother, I will forever put my Bobcat bashing days behind me, I will make that my word.
That wouldnt be a good comparison considering he has more expierence as an operator and is a better operator..

bobcat_ron
09-19-2008, 08:58 PM
That wouldnt be a good comparison considering he has more expierence as an operator and is a better operator..

Chicken sh*t.

Junior M
09-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Chicken sh*t.
I am pretty sure I could do it.. just not as fast.. and just to make it even more challenging I would do it with the 430... the slop in the stick and bucket on the 335 gets on my nerves!

J. Peterson Grading
09-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Time to put up or shut up Junior.

J.

foggyjr5
09-19-2008, 09:07 PM
I was waiting for you to smash them at the end!

Junior M
09-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Time to put up or shut up Junior.

J.
pay for the rental, video camera (I dont own one), fuel to pick it up and get me some cups like that and I will damn sure try it!! I know i cant do it as fast as him but let me warm up and get in my groove I bet I could come pretty darn close..

Dirtman2007
09-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I was waiting for you to smash them at the end!

Didn't even think to do so.

Ya'll give me something else to try and I give it a shot tomorrow.

D8dozerboy
09-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Do it without using the thumb...

Scag48
09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
My dad was spotting for me a couple years back. I was in the 312 and while he turned around with his back to me in the trench, I reached out and stuck a corner tooth into his back pocket. He felt it, turned around, tried to run and ripped the ass of his jeans out. I thought it was hilarious, he was pissed.

Junior M
09-19-2008, 10:31 PM
My dad was spotting for me a couple years back. I was in the 312 and while he turned around with his back to me in the trench, I reached out and stuck a corner tooth into his back pocket. He felt it, turned around, tried to run and ripped the ass of his jeans out. I thought it was hilarious, he was pissed.
I wouldve been pissed to!! I hate when people do crap like that to me..

RockSet N' Grade
09-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Scag.........cute but dangerous. I learned a long time ago from the best trench man I have ever seen - Poncho. The machine operator almost hit poncho, did not follow his directions and then again "fooled" with Poncho. Poncho got out of the trench, pulled the operator out and beat him with his shovel. This was on a job where I was the General Contractor and I watched the whole thing unfold......The Boss of the concrete crew broke up the little tiff, found out what went on and fired the operator on the spot. A little extreme.....maybe. Through the years, I have learned that on so many levels (although very base), that Poncho's response was quick and deserved Western style justice and I adhere to the same principals. Death knocks on the door way too early anyways and what seems fun and harmless with equipment is, simply, not.

RockSet N' Grade
09-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Nice "touch" ya got there on that mini........watched it twice. Gotta try that on Monday with the boys.....fun lunchtime entertainment. Still kinda like the undressing of that Senorita that somebody posted some time back :)

Junior M
09-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Scag.........cute but dangerous. I learned a long time ago from the best trench man I have ever seen - Poncho. The machine operator almost hit poncho, did not follow his directions and then again "fooled" with Poncho. Poncho got out of the trench, pulled the operator out and beat him with his shovel. This was on a job where I was the General Contractor and I watched the whole thing unfold......The Boss of the concrete crew broke up the little tiff, found out what went on and fired the operator on the spot. A little extreme.....maybe. Through the years, I have learned that on so many levels (although very base), that Poncho's response was quick and deserved Western style justice and I adhere to the same principals. Death knocks on the door way too early anyways and what seems fun and harmless with equipment is, simply, not.
I dont like when people do that either and if I was the boss I probably wouldve fired him to.. There is a time to play around and with heavy equipment there never is.. Something can go terribly wrong really fast and that could put some people in serious danger with bad consequences.. But that is just the way I look at..

I cant stand when trenching with a skidsteer when my spotter stands to close or wont stand in one spot and then insists on just standing there, looking at the trencher so close if he tripped he would be cut in half, with his thumb up his ass while I am yelling at him to find my depth. and then his excuse for not being alot of help is I am a pool guy not a spotter I dont know what I am doing..

Scag48
09-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Spot with a trencher? Jr. you're hilarious.

I've been playing bucket jockey for the last 2 weeks grade checking vertically faced walls. I've been in some spots I didn't want to be, real close to the bucket all day, but it comes with the job. We move fast, trying to make the boss some coin and I've been succeeding, we're way ahead of schedule. However, it comes with a bit of price, we're moving quick enough that it wouldn't take much for me to get smashed up against the wall while jumping in to check grade. It definately helps when the grade checker is someone who operates as well, in the union all grade checkers and grade engineers are operating engineers, makes things easy. This way, the checker understands what's going on and what it takes to control that machine. Working with the same operator every day helps, too, I can guess when he's going to drag the toe of the wall so I can run in, check grade, and get back out before he comes back in with the bucket. Like I said, we move at blitzkrieg pace and all it would take is one miscalculation and I'm done. A 5 ton bucket hitting me wouldn't do me very well.

We don't mess around at work, though, no room for horseplay there. Back in the day of non-union with only a guy or two on site and little fun jokes here and there. Things are different when we're playing around with 100,000+ pound pieces of iron. This is definately a dangerous business, that's for sure. Today I was watching my back all day, I was setting hubs for a road we're throwing down. We were getting sub-grade ready, they're paving tomorrow. Running around with GPS rover all day while a dozer was making the finish passes. Typically, we'd have a blade doing the finish work, but it's a temporary road that isn't very large, so the tolerances didn't need to be extremely tight. I understand what our instructors were saying about grade checker's number one fear, being backed over. Can happen very, very easily. Kneeling down to drive hubs in and set whiskers, next thing you know, the dozer is on top of you.

Junior M
09-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Spot with a trencher? Jr. you're hilarious.

I've been playing bucket jockey for the last 2 weeks grade checking vertically faced walls. I've been in some spots I didn't want to be, real close to the bucket all day, but it comes with the job. We move fast, trying to make the boss some coin and I've been succeeding, we're way ahead of schedule. However, it comes with a bit of price, we're moving quick enough that it wouldn't take much for me to get smashed up against the wall while jumping in to check grade. It definately helps when the grade checker is someone who operates as well, in the union all grade checkers and grade engineers are operating engineers, makes things easy. This way, the checker understands what's going on and what it takes to control that machine. Working with the same operator every day helps, too, I can guess when he's going to drag the toe of the wall so I can run in, check grade, and get back out before he comes back in with the bucket. Like I said, we move at blitzkrieg pace and all it would take is one miscalculation and I'm done. A 5 ton bucket hitting me wouldn't do me very well.

We don't mess around at work, though, no room for horseplay there. Back in the day of non-union with only a guy or two on site and little fun jokes here and there. Things are different when we're playing around with 100,000+ pound pieces of iron. This is definately a dangerous business, that's for sure. Today I was watching my back all day, I was setting hubs for a road we're throwing down. We were getting sub-grade ready, they're paving tomorrow. Running around with GPS rover all day while a dozer was making the finish passes. Typically, we'd have a blade doing the finish work, but it's a temporary road that isn't very large, so the tolerances didn't need to be extremely tight. I understand what our instructors were saying about grade checker's number one fear, being backed over. Can happen very, very easily. Kneeling down to drive hubs in and set whiskers, next thing you know, the dozer is on top of you.
yeah because I cant see where exactly the end of it is and I want to get as close as possible to the edge so there is less shoveling when trenching irrigation. and it is alot easier to have that guy standing there telling me to come up or down to get the depth right so i dont have to climb in and out of the machine. But after a couple passes you can guesstimate the depth by the way it is sitting.. once I get the way it sits when at the correct depth i dont need him except near things like the edge of the road or drive way to get my as close as possible. When it is just me and my dad he does the depth thing for a while then starts running pipe while I start trenching, but on this job it for our pool guy and he had a couple of his employee's show up to help us out and we had way to many people so I had him the whole time I was trenching...

RockSet N' Grade
09-20-2008, 12:44 AM
You are right Scag.......Dear friend of mine, Mike, whose family runs one of the largest paving companies from the east coast to the mid-west was checking grade and was run over and killed by a roller. By the time they figured it out, he was half way crushed to a pancake. Keep the eyes open on the back of your head, never feel too comfortable and become complacent.........sounds like you are learning alot in a short amount of time - drink it up, its good stuff.....

Dirtman2007
09-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Found this wedged in the door handel of my dozer this morning

I'm 20 bucks richer!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/001-35.jpg

anymore bets?

RockSet N' Grade
09-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Dirtman.........$20 bet here for ya........video tape the full undressing, piece by piece of some babe.........with the excavator of course.........

Junior M
09-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Found this wedged in the door handel of my dozer this morning

I'm 20 bucks richer!

anymore bets?
Can I borrow 20 bucks? :laugh:

Dirtman2007
09-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Dirtman.........$20 bet here for ya........video tape the full undressing, piece by piece of some babe.........with the excavator of course.........

Sure I'd do it, might not want to let bobcat ron try though, he might get too excited at the sight of a woman in her undies that he'd rip her arm off. :laugh::laugh:

That'll be 20 bucks for each article of clothing completely removed:drinkup:

Dirtman2007
09-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Can I borrow 20 bucks? :laugh:

Sure when I went to leave the site today the owner walked over and gave me a $100 tip for doing a good job and finishing under budget. Could the day get any better?!

Going out to eat tonight!:drinkup:

bobcat_ron
09-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Sure I'd do it, might not want to let bobcat ron try though, he might get too excited at the sight of a woman in her undies that he'd rip her arm off. :laugh::laugh:

That'll be 20 bucks for each article of clothing completely removed:drinkup:

Damn straight.