PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy or should I not

Snook
09-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Hey all ~

I have about 5 acres that I cut with a Gravely mover. I am thinking about buying a Magna 8000 (or 9000) don't know which would be better of those two. But here is my question, I cut my own lawn (weed-like) and need to know if it makes sense for me to buy this sharpener? Three blades a set (new set cost about 40.00 bucks). or should I pay 12.00 a set and have the Lawnman sharpen them for me.

What do you think.

Thanks,

Snook

Snook
09-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Ok..is it worth buying a magna 8000 or 9000 based on the infomation I provided? Thanks

Magna-Matic
09-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Hello Snook,

Since it sounds like you are not a landscaper, I would suggest the MAG-9000 it is lower cost than the MAG-8000. We do have many home owners with larger lawns who have purchased commercial mowers, that now want to maintain their equipment like a landscaper. So its not uncommon. I have had a few home owners buy the MAG-8000, but its a little overkill for so few blades, unless you were looking at starting a little side business, or sharpening the blades for your neighborhood.

For the cost/value I would suggest the LOT#1 combo (MAG-1000 balancer and MAG-9000 sharpener) Just to note, keep in mind the MAG-9000 does not do curved/bent mulching blades, since you mentioned Graverly, I'm assuming your blades have straight flat cutting edges (not considering the lift).

Thank you,