PDA

View Full Version : New Blower

GravelyGuy
09-19-2008, 11:50 PM
I picked it up about two weeks ago and I love it! It makes everything go so much easier. I have even been using it for mowing because it clears off the big driveways much faster than my trusty 145BT.

One question though, to anyone that has the Redmax. Does yours continue to sputter like it doesn't want to shut off when you hit the switch?

I will probably be picking up another 8001 in the next few weeks.:clapping:

Kennedy Landscaping
09-20-2008, 12:17 AM
Nice looking piece of equipment. My next blower will be a BP. Best of luck to you with it!

Scag413
09-20-2008, 12:39 AM
What did that cost if you dont mind me asking?

GravelyGuy
09-20-2008, 12:56 AM
What did that cost if you dont mind me asking?

$525 + tax

josh1981
09-20-2008, 01:04 AM
$525 + tax

nice blower. but could of bought a stihl br600 for under 500! most powerful blower on market! :weightlifter:

but i do like your blowers

GravelyGuy
09-20-2008, 01:09 AM
nice blower. but could of bought a stihl br600 for under 500! most powerful blower on market! :weightlifter:

From my parking lot demo, the Redmax has more useable power for me. I wasn't going to buy the Stihl even if I did like it though. I can't stand my Stihl dealers, and I'm not impressed with the 3 pieces of Stihl equipment that I have.

josh1981
09-20-2008, 01:16 AM
From my parking lot demo, the Redmax has more useable power for me. I wasn't going to buy the Stihl even if I did like it though. I can't stand my Stihl dealers, and I'm not impressed with the 3 pieces of Stihl equipment that I have.

thats good. its just a personal preference which is cool

I personally will never buy anything btu stihl or husqvarna

and whats wrong with the stihl stuff?

btnj47
09-20-2008, 01:24 AM
I picked it up about two weeks ago and I love it! It makes everything go so much easier. I have even been using it for mowing because it clears off the big driveways much faster than my trusty 145BT.

One question though, to anyone that has the Redmax. Does yours continue to sputter like it doesn't want to shut off when you hit the switch?

I have 2 redmax 8001,s they both sputter like you say when hitting the kill switch. just hit the switch with the throttle up , that works for me . good luck with it I think you will continue to love that machine its a great investment

GravelyGuy
09-20-2008, 01:29 AM
My Stihl stuff is hit or miss on the starting (yes I know how to do it) and it does not want to idle. I climb to the tip top of the ladder to trim a tall shrub with my Stihl hedge trimmer and it dies forty times while I'm up there. Your trying to ask the person on the ground if the shrub looks even with the trimmer at full throttle so it won't die.:hammerhead:

My chain saw leaks the bar oil out the cap faster than it can use it and it's a total b!tch to start all the time.

Oh yeah, I have to shut my edger off by turning the choke on since the switch is crapping out for the second time. I don't have to worry about the throttle safety switch. It broke almost immediately after purchasing it.

The stuff leaks goo out of the carb all the time.

On the other hand, I have two Husqvarna trimmers, one edger, and one blower and they are the most reliable stuff ever. I have no dealer though:cry:

GravelyGuy
09-20-2008, 01:30 AM
I have 2 redmax 8001,s they both sputter like you say when hitting the kill switch. just hit the switch with the throttle up , that works for me . good luck with it I think you will continue to love that machine its a great investment

Thanks, good to know.

josh1981
09-20-2008, 01:37 AM
My Stihl stuff is hit or miss on the starting (yes I know how to do it) and it does not want to idle. I climb to the tip top of the ladder to trim a tall shrub with my Stihl hedge trimmer and it dies forty times while I'm up there. Your trying to ask the person on the ground if the shrub looks even with the trimmer at full throttle so it won't die.:hammerhead:

My chain saw leaks the bar oil out the cap faster than it can use it and it's a total b!tch to start all the time.

Oh yeah, I have to shut my edger off by turning the choke on since the switch is crapping out for the second time. I don't have to worry about the throttle safety switch. It broke almost immediately after purchasing it.

On the other hand, I have two Husqvarna trimmers, one edger, and one blower and they are the most reliable stuff ever. I have no dealer though:cry:

damn im sorry. sounds like a fluke thing.

I have had a few problems with mine but fixed right away.

ms290- few screws replaced (stripped)

km55r kombi- replace whole part cause pin broke off

sh85 blower, br600 blower, fs45 trimmer- no problems

ms180 c chainsaw- fix quick adjuster

so nothing major.

i also love husqvarna. very good machines

oh yea ms180c, 290, kombi made in usa.

br600 made in germany i believe

what does that tell u...

MileHigh
09-20-2008, 02:06 AM

Blowing has almost became my favorite part of the job since I got one.

Yes mine will do that..only if I don't let it idle after using for at least a good 8-10 seconds...If I hit the little red button right after getting done with it, it will sputter, or turning it off at high throttle.

And I have found that this blower runs way better with a leaner oil/gas mix. I put a little less than a half a gallon of extra gas in with a five gallon mix.

Did you read the post about the restrictor plate?

02DURAMAX
09-20-2008, 02:30 AM

Yes mine will do that..only if I don't let it idle after using for at least a good 8-10 seconds...If I hit the little red button right after getting done with it, it will sputter, or turning it off at high throttle.

And I have found that this blower runs way better with a leaner oil/gas mix. I put a little less than a half a gallon of extra gas in with a five gallon mix.

Be Careful there if you run it too lean you may damage it!

02DURAMAX
09-20-2008, 02:32 AM

And Im with you on the Stihl They suck At starting...I love My PB-751T its 6Yrs old and starts on the first pull everytime!!!:cool2::weightlifter:

GravelyGuy
09-20-2008, 09:00 AM

What about a restictor plate?

btnj47
09-21-2008, 11:52 AM
And Im with you on the Stihl They suck At starting...I love My PB-751T its 6Yrs old and starts on the first pull everytime!!!:cool2::weightlifter:

I also agree all my stihl stuff is a pain to start. The redmax fires right up never had a problem. I will soon be swithing it all to redmax

RedMax Man
09-21-2008, 10:39 PM

Actually the RedMax is more powerful.

razor1
09-21-2008, 10:48 PM
GravelyGuy, did you buy or price it online?

GravelyGuy
09-21-2008, 11:49 PM
GravelyGuy, did you buy or price it online?

I bought it from a dealer 19 miles from my house that I hope to establish a good relationship with, unlike my current dealers. They sell Shindaiwa, Redmax, and Exmark. I will be purchasing everything from them from here on out.

I probably could have saved online.

dcwservices
09-21-2008, 11:57 PM
I recently purchased the red max 8001 and the br 600. I love them both but Iam much happier with my red max. That thing is a beast. Ima glad mine is not the only one that sputters when trying to turn it off. I will start letting it idle for a few seconds before shutting it down.

ponyboy
09-22-2008, 09:26 AM
redmax and husky are the same one of of them bought the other

South Florida Lawns
09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Actually the RedMax is more powerful.

Are they? have you used both? I have and I thought they had about the same power. I don't know though. Both units are amazing.

S man
09-23-2008, 02:19 AM

I'm with you. I actually was interested in the br600 but I'm staying away from stihl and the dealers that sell them here.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
09-23-2008, 10:59 PM
We have 2 old stihl FS80 R'S 4 years old they start on the second pull everytime,been the most reliable trimmers ive owned. Ive never used redmax cause the dealers are to far from me,i can walk to my stihl dealer and they have been great. Never had issues with our BR600'S . Ive had nothing but problems with Shindaiwa thou, i wont be buying Shindy anymore period.There pb 620 blower thou has been good to us,thats about it.

josh1981
09-24-2008, 12:34 AM
We have 2 old stihl FS80 R'S 4 years old they start on the second pull everytime,been the most reliable trimmers ive owned. Ive never used redmax cause the dealers are to far from me,i can walk to my stihl dealer and they have been great. Never had issues with our BR600'S . Ive had nothing but problems with Shindaiwa thou, i wont be buying Shindy anymore period.There pb 620 blower thou has been good to us,thats about it.

never had any issue with my br600 and sh85 blower/vac.

i will never own anything but stihl

everything can have a few problems

STIHL GUY
09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
nice blower

Kglenn04
09-27-2008, 02:08 AM
I just picked up a EB 7 SEREIS welcome to the family

02DURAMAX
09-27-2008, 03:22 AM
I just picked up a EB 7 SEREIS welcome to the family

Welcome to the family?!?!?...He had it before you....Look at the dates bud.

Kglenn04
09-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the family?!?!?...He had it before you....Look at the dates bud.

whops lol guess I didnt see that