PDA

View Full Version : Check out this truck

Mike33
09-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Seen this yesterday in a private development. They were actually hauling from 1 side to where they dump debri. I actually now the driver and he asked me to put my truck off the street in driveway so he could fit by. Imagine seeing this on the main road.
Mike

Gravel Rat
09-20-2008, 01:21 AM
That is just pure lazyness not crunching up the branches smaller. That wouldn't fly around here the truck driver or contractor would be reported.

02DURAMAX
09-20-2008, 04:18 AM
What Idiots!!!

ATL Lawn
09-20-2008, 08:14 AM
i wish i could get away with that

punt66
09-20-2008, 08:28 AM
His own post said its a private development. Private road. So he is leagal.

Junior M
09-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah it is legal but you still shouldnt do it.. What if another car was in the oncoming lane and he went all the way over in your lane and were in the grass and you still hit his car with the tree limbs? You would probably go to court for it and get a ticket and a bunch of other tickets...

punt66
09-20-2008, 05:56 PM
You cant get a ticket being on private property. Its the same as any off road application. In other words the truck doesnt even have to be registered. If he damaged something it becomes a civil manor and if he didnt want to take responsibility for it then he can be sued. But no tickets. Chances are since its a private road it doesnt see much traffic and hes going slow. It isnt pretty, but its legal.

Lawn-Sharks
09-20-2008, 05:58 PM
D.O.T???:hammerhead:

Isobel
09-20-2008, 06:50 PM
he's in a private area, he's fine. stupid idea or not, he's legal.
besides the road he's going down might be totally shut down, there might not be any other traffic coming through--knowing that might have been the reason they loaded it willy nilly...

DLCS
09-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Some of you guys need to read the whole post. He can't be fined and DOT has no power on private property.

Gravel Rat
09-20-2008, 07:02 PM
That road the truck is on doesn't look private property to me. A paved road with double solid yellow lines and curbs once its like that your on a public road.

Isobel
09-20-2008, 07:10 PM
where does it say that a private road can't have double solid yellow lines and curbs?

Mike33
09-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Okey guys let me explain a little better. I took this because it was funny as hell. Truck belongs to the guy who owns the dev. and has a construction co. Dev. is private but since it was put in 2 county specs county will snow plow it. Curbing, blacktop, lines was all done by the owner of the dev. This pic isnt really as bad as it looks if you could see the layout of the dev. Dev. is really nice in fact my mother actually built a new home there 3 years ago and the oldest house out of 20 homes might be 8 years old. It was funny the driver whom i know well walked up behind the house i was building a yard for asked me if i could move my truck. I walked around and seen this and laughed like hell my truck and trailer i had to put in front yard but i was only grading top soil so it didnt matter. He was actually loaded on other side where they are clearing for new home and could see nothing was in his way and passed where i was working there is only 3 homes which the driver knew no one was home. You would have to see the layout of the dev. but pic is more funny than a danger. No DOT would not come in to this dev. either. And yes driver is a real redneck but 1 hell of a truck driver and wouldnt do this on public road.
Mike

DLCS
09-20-2008, 10:18 PM
That road the truck is on doesn't look private property to me. A paved road with double solid yellow lines and curbs once its like that your on a public road.

Maybe in Canada but not here. We have plenty of private roads with painted yellow lines and a few with curbs.

oakhillslandscaping
09-20-2008, 10:41 PM
hahahaha thats how you kno its good

Gravel Rat
09-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Here once the muni or district is maintaining the roads ie winter plowing its a public road. Usually if the road is stripped aka yellow lines its not private property anymore.

TXNSLighting
09-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Okey guys let me explain a little better. I took this because it was funny as hell. Truck belongs to the guy who owns the dev. and has a construction co. Dev. is private but since it was put in 2 county specs county will snow plow it. Curbing, blacktop, lines was all done by the owner of the dev. This pic isnt really as bad as it looks if you could see the layout of the dev. Dev. is really nice in fact my mother actually built a new home there 3 years ago and the oldest house out of 20 homes might be 8 years old. It was funny the driver whom i know well walked up behind the house i was building a yard for asked me if i could move my truck. I walked around and seen this and laughed like hell my truck and trailer i had to put in front yard but i was only grading top soil so it didnt matter. He was actually loaded on other side where they are clearing for new home and could see nothing was in his way and passed where i was working there is only 3 homes which the driver knew no one was home. You would have to see the layout of the dev. but pic is more funny than a danger. No DOT would not come in to this dev. either. And yes driver is a real redneck but 1 hell of a truck driver and wouldnt do this on public road.
Mike

Punctuation is your friend...ha! Hard to read but i think i get it. Ive seen worse on private roads...Its amazing what some people will try. Funny pic.

Mike33
09-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Punctuation is your friend...ha! Hard to read but i think i get it. Ive seen worse on private roads...Its amazing what some people will try. Funny pic.

Punctuation is my night mare.

Ramairfreak98ss
09-23-2008, 09:36 PM

yeah, that is funny though! ive seen some crazy stuff but not liek that haha

Wheres that thread "are we overloaded yet"? haha

Chilehead
09-23-2008, 09:55 PM
OH MY (Ha! Ha!) GOD! That is just (Hmmppf! Har! Har!) too much!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CAT powered
09-23-2008, 10:44 PM
I have my own road with curbs, sidewalks, double yellow lines, streetsigns, streetlights, sewer, water, etc. It is in better condition than most all government roads.

A while ago I had a police officer calling me saying I had to appear in court because I evaded responsibility when I hit a light pole. I less than politely informed him that it was my dang road and he could shove it where the sun don't shine. The town plows the road, and delivers mail. Repaving it will be up to me once it comes time to repave the road.

Long story short: If it's his road then the DOT and any other gov't folks have no jurisdiction and he can do whatsoever he pleases. That doesn't make it safe, but he can.

Mike33
09-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I agree, they only plow snow and collect a lot of tax money don't even deliver mail.
Mike

TXNSLighting
09-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Punctuation is my night mare.

ha!!! Funny.

brandtb1
09-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Why did he only take a half load? I think you could tie a tree to the bumper and load it up with other limbs and get twice as much on the truck. Funny picture.

TandM
09-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I wish I had a pic of when we had some 30 ton articulating trucks with about 15 whole oak trees in the dump beds doing 40mph down a dirt road that was good stuff they hung out the bed a good 25 foot haha.