PDA

View Full Version : Redmax Stick Edger Blades

Whitey4
09-20-2008, 01:16 AM
I have a HEZ3001S. I wasn't all that happy with it. It left some stringers behind, and I often had to go back with the line trimmer to clean my edges up. I went to mt regular dealer, and he was out of stock on replacement blades. Went to another dealer, got some blades and... WOW!

What a difference! The guy sold me these other blades, not Redmax. The Redmax blades are 7 3/4" long. These blades are 8 3/4" long. I am guessing the extra length increases the blade tip speed enough that the machine now cuts a PERFECT edge, no stringers at all. The extra inch still clears the housing cover comfortably.

This dealer told me that they had been special ordered, and the customer never picked them up. I bought a ton of them.

Before the Edgit fans chime in... Edgit does not have a compatable unit for my Husky line trimmer.

With these longer blades, the Redmax gives a PERFECT edge. Perfect. Just thought I'd share... don't know the manufacturer of the 8.75" blades, but a good dealer could find them for you.

Big C
09-20-2008, 02:47 AM
I have a HEZ3001S. I wasn't all that happy with it. It left some stringers behind, and I often had to go back with the line trimmer to clean my edges up. I went to mt regular dealer, and he was out of stock on replacement blades. Went to another dealer, got some blades and... WOW!

What a difference! The guy sold me these other blades, not Redmax. The Redmax blades are 7 3/4" long. These blades are 8 3/4" long. I am guessing the extra length increases the blade tip speed enough that the machine now cuts a PERFECT edge, no stringers at all. The extra inch still clears the housing cover comfortably.

This dealer told me that they had been special ordered, and the customer never picked them up. I bought a ton of them.

Before the Edgit fans chime in... Edgit does not have a compatable unit for my Husky line trimmer.

With these longer blades, the Redmax gives a PERFECT edge. Perfect. Just thought I'd share... don't know the manufacturer of the 8.75" blades, but a good dealer could find them for you.

I use the star shaped edger blade from mowparts.com...they are good too!

bare31
09-21-2008, 01:48 AM
I have a red max myself, so thanks for the info. I used to have a cub cadet edger that used the long blades so I have some long ones left. It always puzzled me why a homeowners model used longer blades than a commercial one. FYI, I started out w/ the redmax oil then switched to the 100:1 amsoil and I saw a huge difference in the way it ran w/ alot more power and better throttle response. I used edge one of my large accounts w/ the cub and it used an entire tank of fuel. The redmax w/amsoil uses almost half a tank.

saw man
09-21-2008, 04:07 AM
How would a longer blade give you a higher tip speed?

I really dont see how the 1/2 in. will help you out on your problem you stated.

Glad its working out for you though!