PDA

View Full Version : Who is ready for hunting season

BUMBLE BEE
09-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I waite all year for this time i can not waite. I try to get done about 2:00 so i can get a evening hunt in and always have sat. Off how about you other hunters? Do you try to take time out of your biss. For this.

carcrz
09-20-2008, 07:59 PM
I always try to get out & enjoy hunting/fishing whenever possible. This year it may be snowing here though, so I may be pushing snow instead.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-20-2008, 08:21 PM
bumble - what do you guys hunt in VA?

I anticipate the IA pheasant opener each year, still have a little over a month for that.
Deer and turkey are big around here as well.

BUMBLE BEE
09-20-2008, 08:25 PM
bumble - what do you guys hunt in va?

I anticipate the ia pheasant opener each year, still have a little over a month for that.
Deer and turkey are big around here as well.

we hunt white tail deer mostly. Also hunt turkey,bear,bob cat, coyote. I think bow season starts here on oct. 4

ECS
09-20-2008, 08:45 PM
I ogt drawn for moose out here finally. Been putting in since 1991. Moose season opend on Sept. 10. I went out last Fri, Sat , Sun, yesterday and today. Have only seen a couple cows & a calf. Yesterday saw a pile of bear crap that was roughly 12" in diameter and about 6" high. Further up the trail saw a cow moose, further up saw 4 wolves (3 black & 1 grey). Today got rained on so turned the horse around and headed out, didn't see a thing. Moose will be open until Oct 31. and elk opens on Sept 26. Next week will go out on Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon and may take that week off also. Have a bird tag for grouse on the way out as grouse always makes a hearty meal. I willpick up a bear tag on Monday. I quit getting a deer tag as I was always concentrating on elk and never saw a decent muley when I had a tag. Now with no deer tag, I see some rather nice bucks so just enjoy seeing them. I really dopn't care for eating deer and would rather have the elk in the freezer and this year a moose.

JWLandscaping
09-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Ive been ready since the closing day of last season. WOOO HOOOO BUCK FEVER

Daily Lawn/Landscape
09-20-2008, 09:19 PM
going deer hunting in the morning. Only taking doe at this point. Only able to hunt urban areas til the 1st of Oct. than I will be after the big mack daddy buck. Seen several but have not had a shot. Going to LBL in Ky the 3-7 of Oct. to hunt deer. Also can't wait for duck season. Just hope we get some rain or that season won't be very good.

JWLandscaping
09-21-2008, 09:37 PM
how about we see some pics of everyones kills last year

DaddyRabbit
09-22-2008, 06:57 AM
I am so past ready to break out the A-5 ISO some Ducks. I did a little crow calling yesterday w/my FX5 electronic caller.

AI Inc
09-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Hunt deer around here.My area is shotgun only , but I do have a doe permit for it. 20 minutes west of me it becomes rifle area. I also have a moose permit for Northern Maine . oct 13-18 cow only permit.Got drawn on my second yr of applying. Also do a lot of duck, geese. The river is at the end of my driveway so I can just walk out of the house and hit em.

KrayzKajun
09-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Ive been ready since last year!
Teal season and alligator are open right now. (the two hurricanes tht have hit us in the past 3weeks didnt help though)
May go do sum hog hunting once it cools down a lil!